Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:33 am 
User avatar
Factory Worker
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 831
Location: Wooster, Ohio
That's a lot of really good, interesting information and it makes me want to run out right now and start looking for the figures (I know that they're not available yet)

My question is, since I just started collecting DCSH figures recently, are they going to be totally in scale with the new DC Universe figures?

And, while I'm on that subject, should I just wait for the new DC Universe figures to come out or should I try and find the 11 or so older figures that I haven't found yet? I guess I want to know something that's merely an opinion since we have no way of knowing if any of the figures that have already been produced will be produced again in the new line.

I'd like to believe that Doomsday HAS to be on the chopping block to eventually become a BAF (or C&C figure) due to the sheer size that the figure SHOULD be. So, maybe I'll skip trying to pick up a Doomsday and just wait for a newer one. Meh...I dunno.

It's just good to see some new information about the line.

_________________
I feel like a genius, mad scientist in a wheel chair...at least I got the wheel chair part right.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Alcatraz wrote:
My question is, since I just started collecting DCSH figures recently, are they going to be totally in scale with the new DC Universe figures?


From all appearances, yes, they will be in scale with DCSH just like it was in scale with the comic Batman line before it.

Alctraz wrote:
And, while I'm on that subject, should I just wait for the new DC Universe figures to come out or should I try and find the 11 or so older figures that I haven't found yet? I guess I want to know something that's merely an opinion since we have no way of knowing if any of the figures that have already been produced will be produced again in the new line.


TG has said that there won't be any re-issues in the main line for at least the first year. Granted, he didn't rule out re-issues as exclusives but I'd say the line will have to prove itself a bit first before we would get any of those.

Alcatraz wrote:
I'd like to believe that Doomsday HAS to be on the chopping block to eventually become a BAF (or C&C figure) due to the sheer size that the figure SHOULD be. So, maybe I'll skip trying to pick up a Doomsday and just wait for a newer one. Meh...I dunno.


If you're going to hold off on any DCSH figures right now, I'd say wait on Doomsday and Joker because it seems like both are under heavy consideration for "upsizing" but be aware that it will probably be at least a year before we get DCUC versions. TG has already said that there won't be a Joker in DCUC next year because of all of The Dark Knight Jokers that will be released.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Okay... where are you guys seeing the back of the package?... I thought if I clicked the photos I'd be taken to a gallery but it just opens a window to the front page of the site...

And what's with that mummy statue/thing in the article?...

And back to the packaging, I like how the "DC Universe" stands out at the top and "Classics" is kind of tucked-away at the bottom... I'm thinking that maybe everything will be under the main "DC Universe" banner with a small subtitle like that for "Classics", "Super Friends", "Fighting Figures", whatever JLU will be called...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3089
Airmax wrote:
Not to keep beating a dead horse (he says as he pulls out his dead horse and beating stick) but he makes no mention of the DCAU line packaging? Seems he's worked on every other bit of Mattel DC figure related packaging so it's weird that he wouldn't be on this... unless he can't mention it cuz it hasn't been announced... or he hasn't been working on it cuz there's no solid info about the line's future yet.

....


This occurred to me as well. I hope we're just reading too much into it.

Jim_Abell, the mummy-thing is a diagram which shows which piece of the C+C figure is included. The fine print says to look on the back to see what the figure is(METAMORPHO, as if you didn't already know)

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:39 pm 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Jim_Abell wrote:
Okay... where are you guys seeing the back of the package?... I thought if I clicked the photos I'd be taken to a gallery but it just opens a window to the front page of the site...

And what's with that mummy statue/thing in the article?...


It was where the mummy thing is now...I guess they accidentally overwrote the image.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:43 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3089
Oh, now I see the mummy-thing. Sorry 'bout the confusion on my part.

And about the size of the bubbles: The C+C figure would be able to fit inside these. Kind of defeats the purpose, right?

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:47 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Howard the Duck wrote:
Jim_Abell, the mummy-thing is a diagram which shows which piece of the C+C figure is included. The fine print says to look on the back to see what the figure is(METAMORPHO, as if you didn't already know)


No, no, no... I get that on the package, but there isn't a photo of the back of the card (anymore) and in its place is a photo of a mummy sculpture of some sort...

http://www.figures.com/databases/redire ... 70x610.jpg

KRaZeE wrote:
It was where the mummy thing is now...I guess they accidentally overwrote the image.


Okay so I'm not just missing it because I'm not fully awake yet... did anybody save the image of the back?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:48 pm 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Here ya go, Sir Real threw em up on RTM...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x41/TheRealSirReal/dcuc3.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Howard the Duck wrote:
Oh, now I see the mummy-thing. Sorry 'bout the confusion on my part.

And about the size of the bubbles: The C+C figure would be able to fit inside these. Kind of defeats the purpose, right?


No problem, I can understand the confusion if you hadn't gone back to the page. I guess SHT had a glitch of some sort...

I was kind of thinking that the bubbles did seem big enough (I wonder if any card customizers are going to card the C&Cs?...) but, really, when it comes right down to it the C&Cs are really there to move an entire wave more than just be over-sized for the sake of being over-sized...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:54 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
KRaZeE wrote:
Here ya go, Sir Real threw em up on RTM...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x41/TheRealSirReal/dcuc3.jpg


Thanks, KRaZeE!

After seeing the back, I'm a little disappointed that the bios aren't "clip-n-save" friendly... I wonder if the card backs will change for the variants?... Seems odd that they would want to package Ronnie on a Jason cardback or vice-verse, not to mention the bio information being wrong...

Another thing... the photo of RT on the back seems to have a yellow trimmed cape -- am I seeing that right?...


Last edited by Jim_Abell on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm 
Santos L. Halper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1434
HEY! How interesting!!! Someone (I forgot who) posted a fake "mock-up" of what they wanted the art to look like and at the top they had a small image of the character, but it was just the eyes of the character at the top...REMEMBER? Not, here is the REAL packaging and what do we have??? EYES AT THE BOTTOM!!! WEIRD!

I hope the packaging is relatively small...I HATE all that wasted plastic and cardboard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:14 pm 
Santos L. Halper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1434
Oh, I forgot...I also love that if you look at the background of the card, all the characters in the assortment are all shown in comic book likenesses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:19 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10511
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Ghost6 wrote:
HEY! How interesting!!! Someone (I forgot who) posted a fake "mock-up" of what they wanted the art to look like and at the top they had a small image of the character, but it was just the eyes of the character at the top...REMEMBER? Not, here is the REAL packaging and what do we have??? EYES AT THE BOTTOM!!! WEIRD!

I hope the packaging is relatively small...I HATE all that wasted plastic and cardboard...


I noticed that, too. That was Wildcard's work...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpB ... 5&start=15

The packaging seems to be about the same size to me. I think it's the fact that the bubble takes up the whole card now that makes it look smaller. EDIT: I re-sized the front of the card in Photoshop making Batman 6" tall, that made the card roughly 10" tall and 7.25" wide. The current purple cards are about 12" tall by 7.5" wide (if you cut off the purple card around the top of the diorama you'd be very close to the DCUC cards, I think).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:12 pm 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: The Philippines
Howard the Duck wrote:
Airmax wrote:
Not to keep beating a dead horse (he says as he pulls out his dead horse and beating stick) but he makes no mention of the DCAU line packaging? Seems he's worked on every other bit of Mattel DC figure related packaging so it's weird that he wouldn't be on this... unless he can't mention it cuz it hasn't been announced... or he hasn't been working on it cuz there's no solid info about the line's future yet.

....


This occurred to me as well. I hope we're just reading too much into it.

Jim_Abell, the mummy-thing is a diagram which shows which piece of the C+C figure is included. The fine print says to look on the back to see what the figure is(METAMORPHO, as if you didn't already know)


Well, the interview says it takes 6-8 weeks to come up with packaging. I guess they just aren't 'there' yet, and are planning out everything else. I'm not worried.

_________________
Image
Visit www.customjustice.com- for JLU Customizers etc
Help build the JLU and DCUC wiki HERE! (open for all)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 pm 
User avatar
Ferret Farmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1111
It didn't really blow my mind, but it still looks very cool. It's sure to stand out on the pegs. I'm with Jim about the bios not being clip and save, they could have thrown that in there for a little Super Powers flavor.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.049s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]