Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:34 pm 
Knows his stuff

I just want to find a Star Sapphire 3-pack.
Well, the Fire and Ice one would be good, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:00 pm 
Factory Worker

i cant believe mattel would be stupid enough to release a whole case without any new figures. i think they WANT this line to end ( i dont know why, it was an amazing line)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 pm 
Prototype

Azrael24 wrote:
i cant believe mattel would be stupid enough to release a whole case without any new figures. i think they WANT this line to end ( i dont know why, it was an amazing line)

Yeah. Mattel is busy supporting the DC Classics line and all their effort is going in that. I don't think Mattel really cares about continuing JLU. They probably figure they have enough DC lines going on with DC Classics, Superfriends, the Battle figures, plus all the movie figures coming out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:58 pm 
Hat Pooper

Wish I had interest in their other lines. They just don't have the charm that the animated style has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:35 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cowmuf wrote:
Wish I had interest in their other lines. They just don't have the charm that the animated style has.

I agree. When you think about it though, I'd say Mattel is really screwing themselves because I don't think they realize what they've done to alot of their customers. I don't want to get into another Mattel brand because of the way they've messed up both the Masters of the Universe line and JLU. It seems almost a given that they will do the same thing with their other action figure lines starting next year after they get everybody interested. So after JLU I'm done because it is too much of a pain to try and track these figures down across the state and on Ebay.

riddler2403 wrote:
Yeah. Mattel is busy supporting the DC Classics line and all their effort is going in that. I don't think Mattel really cares about continuing JLU. They probably figure they have enough DC lines going on with DC Classics, Superfriends, the Battle figures, plus all the movie figures coming out.

I don't even understand the point of the DC movie figures. They almost seem to take them right off the truck and straight to the clearance aisle. The Superman Returns figures were worse than the Batman Begins in terms of instant pegwarmers but still... I think both movies were to adult oriented as opposed to Spider-Man or Transformers which I think appealed to a wider audiance. Yeah but the DC movie figures just don't seem that popular to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:46 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

whakojacko wrote:
cowmuf wrote:

I agree. When you think about it though, I'd say Mattel is really screwing themselves because I don't think they realize what they've done to alot of their customers. I don't want to get into another Mattel brand because of the way they've messed up both the Masters of the Universe line and JLU. It seems almost a given that they will do the same thing with their other action figure lines starting next year after they get everybody interested. So after JLU I'm done because it is too much of a pain to try and track these figures down across the state and on Ebay.

riddler2403 wrote:

I don't even understand the point of the DC movie figures. They almost seem to take them right off the truck and straight to the clearance aisle. The Superman Returns figures were worse than the Batman Begins in terms of instant pegwarmers but still... I think both movies were to adult oriented as opposed to Spider-Man or Transformers which I think appealed to a wider audiance. Yeah but the DC movie figures just don't seem that popular to me.

Yeah but atleast this time we are geting 6inchers that are fully articulated like DCSH in the movie line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:16 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

both of these packs are in chicago as of now, i bought the starman set cause i didnt have him and the lords set casue i never had the hawkgirl, i hop e i see ONE barda/ Star saphire pack before fire and ice come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:55 pm 
Factory Worker

riddler2403 wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:

which sad, because JLU was (is) my favorite line ever. the large variety of figures is amazing and putting them together looks great.

cowmuf wrote:

exactly, JLU had a unique style and there was so much more mattel could have made and done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:52 pm 
Santos L. Halper

THe head sratcher is the lack of Volcana, Stargirl, Barda, Hawkman, Sand and Satr Sapphire....I am fine that we dont have Fire and Ice or Miracle yet....it's just soooo endlessly frustrating that their ratios are so disasterous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:58 am 
3 3/4"

oh man I hope JLU continues on for at least another year....I gotta ahve several more characters from this line.

and yeah you lads are right-there is something about the Timm style-its very special where figures are concerned