Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Come On Mattel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:11 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

1. Is it really hard to make JLU figures?

2. Does the dude who reports to Mattel off these boards really report how angry and frustrated we all are about not having anything. Mattel has to know that they are the only ones with a major brand(s) that aren't making any new figures, or are keeping the fans interested by at least hinting at the idea that there is new stuff coming instead of just always saying, "Dont Worry, Be Patient." Well yeah we were all disappointed at Comic-con. It was chill, we learned you got the master licence, thats awesome. So we were stoked. It has been nearly 3 months, I'm sure you have designed some figures in that time, why not hint at them, give us that extra juicy detail and have our mouths salivate more over wanting to buy your products. I don't want to here any more news about DCSH until we hear some on JLU, come on.

Here is an idea that could be creative, over on WHYSOSERIOUS.com, they have a really cool Dark Knight promotion going where apparently on Halloween they may show something pertaining to the new movie, how bout you guys over in boys marketing Mattel, you get creative and show something to us fans regarding JLU on halloween too. Show me an arm, or leg of a figure, some little hint that stuff is coming, cause until then, with not being able to find anything in the stores for over 6 months, and you guys being all hush hush. I really believe that after Grodd, and Mr. Miracle (if they come out) the line is done. And mark my words, if it is, you guys will nonchalantly tell us like is isn't a big deal, and make an excuse such as, "well we believe that in the companys best interest would be to mainly focus on DCSH."

3. Where is "MY" and everone else's Blue Devil. Cause we have been patient and loyal, and have looked everywhere to find one, and I don't see one, except on ebay, and I am sick of getting my figures on ebay, Mattel.

What happened to you Mattel, you used to be cool. You were all over the JLU line when you first started. I never had a problem finding figures,and I know no one else did either. Come on Mattel, just do better, don't make us wait till next year. Thats what you said last year, and look how o7 has gone. Yeah you know. Now everyone who reads this be sure to point out how wrong I am about what I am saying. But you know what, I have never collected a line, thats been as shady as JLU has become.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

1. Do we really need yet another thread like this when several of the previous ones have been locked?

2. Couldn't this have been posted in one of the many threads already open about the subject?

3. How long before the mods lock this one?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Sorry, believe me when I say you are not alone in your frustration. But it gets quite old seeing these same old threads started almost daily.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

We are frustrated. Toy Guru is doing what he can. Mattel cannot do it on their own--they need the support of Retailers. They are unwilling to show us anything without guarantees that we will be able to get them. Read some older posts and hope for the best. And by the way if it over (please please dont let it be over) realize that it was pretty damn good while it lasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:11 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yep I agree, threads like this have gotten old. I think everyone on this entire board will agree. Every last person. Hmmm... maybe Mattel could do something like getting control of this line. I think everyone is sick of all the problems that have cursed this line lately. If everyone wants continuously get on here blast Mattel it's a little hard to blame them. This is a popular line. Until something happens these post will continue no matter what. If you don't want to hear it, why bother reading their post. I don't really care, I'm just hoping that Mattel will get the message somehow and so SOMETHING. I really almost wish that they would just come out and say they're done. No more JLU. It's better than dragging things along the way they have been and making just about everyone mad at them. Lets get on with things. Mattel, thanks. Really, thanks. Thanks for whay JLU figures you've provided. It was fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:20 pm 
Knows his stuff

this is why i dont collect JLU. forums are flooded with topics about "how we cant find...". i will give you some advice, johnnny, hit bog lots. last time i was there, they had a fairly good amount of blue devils.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:29 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

thanks yeah i have been to big lots, and mine around here doesnt have any singles, i dunno, i just came home after going out to the stores today hoping for the best and had to vent, and yeah I am sure that there are plenty of posts like these, but seriously, whoever the guy is that reports on this board that works for mattel, I will be satisfied If HE himself makes a comment on my post, that way, I will at least be satisfied in knowing he knows how angry I am.
Put them online Mattel, and sell them for kringle's sake come on.
Are you relishing in the fact that toys you make are more rare and worth more when NO ONE can find them. How bout us, the fans, get it together Mattel, cause right now your a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Oh and also, if by some chance they do show some new things coming up. I will not be one to say oh thanks, thank you so much, your awesome. It will be more along the lines of its about time. Now go Mattel, and Toy Guru person, go back to work and make some JLU. Come on Mattel, make something happen. Don't give us excuses, you are one of the biggest (if not thee) biggest toy companies out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:04 pm 
Damage Control

Given the difficulties with some of the lead-tainted toys, I figured that would be the fire under whomever to really push the JLU/DCSH line, considering also that JETIX is now showing BTAS, STAS and Im sure JL/JLU is not far behind. I also noticed the re-issue of classic toys with the new MR MAGORIUMS MAGIC EMPORIUM (spelled wrong I know) from Jack in the box to the slinky pull dog, I figured Mattel would really push the JLU line. Obviously there is alot of fan suport, so why not tap into it if the retailers dont want to? Id rather pay 10$ for an obscure character than hunt them down on ebay. Mattel could easily get with online retailers to support an online collectors club. Mattel should be learning from previous mistakes and capitalizing on the licenses they have now. Holiday 3 packs would be cool or even 2 packs of hero/villain, that would totally rock. Playmobil has started with the 2 packs as well as the DC minimates and Marvel minimates, I think it would be a great place to go with the DCSH/JLU line. I know the paint apps are easily changed and I would really like to see some JLU staff in the indigo jumpsuits, I think it would really kick ass. Not to mention a SUICIDE SQUAD 6 pack or a western version of the TRINITY. Just food for thought .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:39 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

johnnytruelove wrote:
whoever the guy is that reports on this board that works for mattel, I will be satisfied If HE himself makes a comment on my post, that way, I will at least be satisfied in knowing he knows how angry I am.

Believe me, you aren't alone. Heck, read some of my own past posts. But they have answered this repeatedly. Maybe not to our satisfaction, but I get the impression that is all we're going to get for a while. Please read Toyguru's previous posts. But making comments like this are pretty much a guarantee that you won't get a response.

Exit - stage left.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I won't be satisfied until a Mattel rep shows up at my house with the top 100 figs on my JLU want list, and even then, I won't say thanks--I'll probably just kick the guy in the groin and yell "where was more info on this line back in the fall of 07!"

Someone at Mattel better get back to me personally (and ASAP) as to when I'm gonna get my want list delivered to my door (but remember, don't expect me to be reasonable or mature, and prepare yourself for some serious verbal attacks).

The most annoying part of all this is that Mattel thinks that a line should be profitable for them, and if it isn't, then they don't want to make it. What is that?! Then on top of that, they think they can work on the line without sharing inter-office emails, designs, and the minutes from all of their meetings. They won't even install web cams so that we can check in whenever we want to. It's just BS. Come on Mattel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 pm 
serves the Otter

No offense guy, but Mattel said the stuff was coming. I get as frustrated as anyone else, but at the end of the day new product is starting to show up in places.

You flaming message boards and getting kicked out of Target isn't helping. If it's doing anything at all (which it probably isn't) it's hurting.

Support the line. Buy the figures. Respond to inquiries about what you'd like to see. Email Mattel and say you love JLU and you'd definitely support an online store.

Otherwise, there isn't anything else useful you can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Joker, getting kicked out of target for requesting merchandise that i deserve to buy, even when they had it in stock is my right, and if you think other wise then you dont know squat, thats a load of bull, when i was younger, clerks would pull the boxes straight from the back room and give me everything I wanted, I have money to spend, and for them not to give that merchandise is ridiculous, and bad salemanship, give me the good old days, where clerks actually cared, nowadays they do not speak any english, which by the way im not ragging on, but give me a break, if your put into a position to do a job, and knowing your section is part of doing so, then come on do your job or get out, its embarassing to those who need a job and cant get one cause those that hired them think oh their fine, if you want something stand up for yourself, the only reason I got kicked out is becasue i was angry and could not bring my self to understand their logic. "oh we cant bring out more than is already on the shelf, bull." you are selling items, and making your company a profit, it does not come out of your pay in anyway, and if your manager yells at you for that, they are unqualified for their job, its ludicrous. For the record, I asked a clerk for JLU one time, and they thought I was talking about bug spray, are you serious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:39 am 
categorically opposed

A lot of stores have policies that they won't bring anything out if the pegs aren't bare.

Not every employee actually listens to the policy, but it's likely in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:48 am 
buzz word garbage hater

I had to get in on one of these topics before it got locked...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ buying little plastic action figures being something you 'deserve' or getting kicked out of Target being a 'right'.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Getting kicked out of any store is nothing to brag about, it's quite silly and ridiculous.

Post subject: GO JOHNNY GO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 am 
MINT!

Don't listenb to these losers., Johnny. They will happily take anything Matte;l gives them, or nothing but empty promises. The situation is beyond ridiculous. Don't take any guff from the store employees OR the wusses on these boards. YOU ARE RIGHT TO BE ANGRY.