Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mattel DC POLLS at Fwoosh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:04 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I am sure nobody here at AFI will mind me plugging a fun new set of polls being done over on the FWOOSH boards regarding the upcoming DCU line....

Apparently the folks at Mattel liked the poll they did about the most requested characters and have asked the fine folks at the FWOOSH to do some additional polls to further mine fans requests for additional character selections...

Whats really fun is that they tell everyone not to vote for 12 specific "A-LIST" characters since they are all going to be done...it's just a matter of when...

The 12 are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (ALL), Flash (ALL), Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, ZATANNA, Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel.

Most are no brainers but the confirmation of Zatanna is exciting to me....

If you are interested in participating, there are 5 supplementary polls featuring different catagories...and there are PRE SELECTED characters in each poll and you get to choose your ONE MOST DESIRED figure, but then rank the order you would like to see the addition characters...sorry, no write ins allowed. I was very surprised to see Liberty Belle to be in the Female section....she is cool, but a little obscure to be on toy shelves....

Anyway, it's a lot of fun and I love the fact that Mattel is asking for feedback...

MOD EDIT: Changed the topic name to clarify the Fwoosh polls :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:08 am 
PVC

Yeah, I voted yesterday. I just wish there had been room to add Amazing Man, The Ray, Aztek and Dr. Polaris to the lists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:19 am 
Fugitive Dust

I can't wait for the 4H Martian Mahunter. I imagine they'll just re-use some parts from the classic Red Tornado...

Flash and Wonder Woman are going to rock too. I'll bet anything that Wonder Woman headlines DCUC wave 4--they need some more women in this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:37 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

No. Not clues and NOT pre-selected. Those charcters were not placed in the polls by Fwoosh staff, not Mattel. The characters left off are simply considered to be upper-tier charcters adn we did not run a poll for them. Be careful when reading. There is no confirmation whatsoever about Zatanna or anyone else being confirmed to be in any stage of production. Let logic be your guide. After Wondy, Black Canary, Hawkgirl and Zatanna are probably the biggest name females in the DCU. We wanted a little more obscure.

Just a clarification. These polls were birthed from the Top Ten vote being very A-list heavy. DCUC is going to bring us characters from all over the DCU so we just want to sample who from other avenues are popular with fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:39 am 
Fugitive Dust

VanillaBlue wrote:
No. Not clues and NOT pre-selected. Those charcters were not placed in the polls by Fwoosh staff, not Mattel. The characters left off are simply considered to be upper-tier charcters adn we did not run a poll for them. Be careful when reading.

Oof...this wet blanket is so heavy... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:54 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

No one is more excited about this line than I am, I just don't want to misrepresent anything. :D

I truly believe that once this line revs up, it is impossible to imagine it going without a Zee figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

VanillaBlue wrote:
I truly believe that once this line revs up, it is impossible to imagine it going without a Zee figure.

Well, Cornboy was certainly happy about getting some reference images of her a few months back, I'm sure she's near the top to their list, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:46 am 
Prototype

I'm betting Wonder Woman will be in Wave 4 also. I'm hoping for Cheetah as well but two females in one wave is probably too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

riddler2403 wrote:
I'm betting Wonder Woman will be in Wave 4 also. I'm hoping for Cheetah as well but two females in one wave is probably too much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ares as the WW rogue instead of Cheetah. After all, the leaked list of upcoming waves was wrong about which figures were in which waves, but all of the wave 3 figures were on the list.The remaining ten are:

Wonder Woman
Ares
Beast Boy
Atom (or was it Captain Atom? Can't remember...)
Batman (variant)
Superman (variant)
Captain Marvel
Mr. Miracle
Charaxes
Hawkman

I'd love to see those figures (sans the bat/supes variants). Still, I wish it were Cheetah instead of Ares on the rumors list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:10 pm 
Cold-cast

Arrakhat wrote:
Still, I wish it were Cheetah instead of Ares on the rumors list.

My money is on Cheetah appearing before Ares. As I said before, Mattel is showing a lot of love for the Legion of Doom. My guess would be each future wave will feature at least one Doomer until we have all thirteen.

8) Sweet like candy. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:58 pm 
Prototype

mako wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:

My money is on Cheetah appearing before Ares. As I said before, Mattel is showing a lot of love for the Legion of Doom. My guess would be each future wave will feature at least one Doomer until we have all thirteen.

8) Sweet like candy. 8)

I hope so! I really want Cheetah, Giganta, Captain Cold, Toyman and of course Riddler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:52 pm 
shirtless hugger

riddler2403 wrote:
mako wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:

8) Sweet like candy. 8)

I hope so! I really want Cheetah, Giganta, Captain Cold, Toyman and of course Riddler.

I'm with you guys too. I'd really like to see the LoD as soon as possible in this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:24 pm 
Tis' but a pup

how about a link to these polls?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

JohnnyFlash wrote:
how about a link to these polls?

Link: http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?opti ... 8&Itemid=1

I wonder if Mattel would ever consider letting us vote on an entire wave like SOTA used to do with Street Fighter? Pre-selected choices for each slot but we're the ones who pick which ones get put into that wave...