It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:13 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Chipzarro wrote:
ME AM ONLY EXCITED BY BIZARRO FIGURES!

AND TALKING CHIMPS RIDING GERMAN SHEPARDS

I think this is going to be funny for as long as the guy who spoke like he was from Krypton, especially since in Bizzaro speak he would not be excited unless in reality he despises Bizzaro Figs-- which he should like the rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:41 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

ME AM NOT UNHATING THE BIZARRO FIGURES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

JLU. I really am trying to keep hope that this line will continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:51 am 
shirtless hugger

DC Superfan wrote:
cowmuf wrote:
JLU figures are artist specific to Bruce Timm (obviously), so that makes no sense. And Super Powers are artist specific to Perez, Kirby, etc, but uniform in the same way that DC had a uniform house-style at the time (with the company even going so far as to re-draw comics that conflicted with that style).

Please don't call JLU "happy meal toys", it's just childish.

Quote:
JLU toys are Happy Meal toys compared to lines like ML and DCUC

If you'll excuse the slight, you and I are petty, selfish, sin-ridden human beings compared to Mother Teresa. See how unfair that is to you? I'm sure you're a good person, but this casts you in a bad light. That's what you're doing to JLU. Those toys aren't Happy Meal toys, but neither are they 6" figures made to be super-articulated. Apples and oranges, as you said later in your post.

Please note, I don't think of you as a petty, selfish, or sin-ridden. I'm just trying to make a point with an extreme example. I apologize if it offends in any way, for that's not my intent.

Quote:
and I meant comic artist,has Bruce Timm worked on comics? Super powers resembles certain artist just like DCSH Darkseid looks Kirby influenced.

Cartoon, comic, Bruce Timm is still an artist and the line still conforms to his style.

Quote:
They are not artist specific. I like JLU and DCUC but DCUC wins out for me. All the JLU fans get all pissy because DCUC is the line to talk about now.

Aw, come on, that just not fair to all of us. I'm looking forward to DCUC picking up the slack.

Quote:
Most DC collectors believe this line is the answer to our prayers[as far as DC toys go]. DCUC has no soul,that's funny. DCUC like SP has sculptors that pull from different aspects of every artist that make the character great just like the 4h,they just put there own spin on it. if you like JLU that's great but don't negate DCUC or any other line because you like JLU more. I did it because that is what you and a couple other people chose to do . When the truth is that both lines have great potential and have different aspects that make them great in there own right. We are talking apples and oranges,they're both fruit they just taste different. Get what I'm saying?

I agree with you on this. I love the DCUC style, and I'll support this line all I can. I hope others will be as open-minded towards the style and the line itself as you are. :)

On another note, who is most excited by The Batman? The line isn't showing any signs of new villains, and that just plain sucks. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am 
3 3/4"

well Im excited that we will get(I think/hope)the JLA in The Batman style.hopefully WW and Aquaman show up there at some point.

hopefully some league level villians will get figures in The Batman line too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:45 pm 
serves the Otter

Superfriends is a close, CLOSE second but I'm not picking it because I haven't started collecting it yet (broke) but at least one person gave it love in the poll. So for me the line I'm most excited about is JLU or DC Animated Universe or whatever it will be called assuming it gets picked up again. The JLUs sell like hotcakes at my Target so I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Edit: I don't see how ANYONE can think calling JLU Happy Meal Toys is an insult including the people who are trying to slam them. Happy Meal toys rule! If McDonald's food wasn't so gross I'd be collecting them all every single week.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:08 am 
Prototype

Yeah, there are some really good Kid's Meals toys. They are not all cheesy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:44 am 
shirtless hugger

Fone Bone wrote:
Superfriends is a close, CLOSE second but I'm not picking it because I haven't started collecting it yet (broke) but at least one person gave it love in the poll. So for me the line I'm most excited about is JLU or DC Animated Universe or whatever it will be called assuming it gets picked up again. The JLUs sell like hotcakes at my Target so I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Edit: I don't see how ANYONE can think calling JLU Happy Meal Toys is an insult including the people who are trying to slam them. Happy Meal toys rule! If McDonald's food wasn't so gross I'd be collecting them all every single week.

Happy Meal toys are OK, but few really stand the test of time. One of my friends once ripped his Transformers toy apart within 5 minutes of getting it, just to show me how easily damaged the toys are.