Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:55 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I found a bunch from the next 3 waves in a pdq tray at Walmart:

Phoenix/Wolverine
Nightcrawler/Juggetnaut
Mole Man/Thing

Storm/Black Panther
Capt America/Nick Fury
Human Torch/Annihilus
Wolverine/Cycle (did not buy since the package was beat up)

Pyro/Iceman
Thor/Loki
Dr Strange/Ant Man

No Beast/Iceman or Gambit/Rouge

Also mixed in were Hawkeye/Capt America, Ghost Rider/Punisher, Silver Surfer/Human Torch, Mr Fantastic/Super Skrull. Also had TONS of TF & SW ones too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Same here today (no PDQ boxes though)

Found the next two waves at wal mart today (no Gambit/Rogue to be found)-- either Logan w/ bike is overpacked or will become the pegwarmer-- there were 6 of him and nothing else left..

Grabbed
Iceman/Pyro
Black Panther/Storm
Thor/Loki
Strange/Antman
Logan/Cycle
Ultimate Cap/Fury
Torch/Annhilus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:47 pm 
proverbial old fart

Badd, Stew, Where are you guys located? Nothing new here in the Tulsa OK area... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:33 pm 

Allentown, PA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Glenn2000 wrote:
Badd, Stew, Where are you guys located? Nothing new here in the Tulsa OK area... :?

Keep your eyes open, Glenn, all Wal-Marts seem to be getting these trays... mine has gotten two different mixes of SuperHero Squad -- one Marvel and one Spider-Man -- along with Robot Heroes and Galactic Heroes. I know there are at least two of each on the floor at the moment and there may be more in the storeroom, it's hard to tell because there's so much stuff back there at the moment...

stewbacca, you are correct that Logan/bike are over-packed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Frederick MD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 am 
proverbial old fart

Thanks guys. Guess I just over eager!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

Keep your eyes open, Glenn, all Wal-Marts seem to be getting these trays... mine has gotten two different mixes of SuperHero Squad -- one Marvel and one Spider-Man -- along with Robot Heroes and Galactic Heroes. I know there are at least two of each on the floor at the moment and there may be more in the storeroom, it's hard to tell because there's so much stuff back there at the moment...

stewbacca, you are correct that Logan/bike are over-packed.

Ya, Walmart loves these trays, especially at Xmas time. Check their holiday aisle's too, thats where I found mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Marvelousnews.com has pics of four upcoming marvel boxsets. Looks like I was right about the Astonishing Cyclops/Sentinel 2-pack:

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php? ... FFing_Fang

There are some cool new selections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:10 pm 
Knows his stuff

The Iron Man/Fin Fang Foom 2 pack os beyond cool. I don't, however see many parents buying their kids that Emma Frost figure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 pm 

impulse wrote:
The Iron Man/Fin Fang Foom 2 pack os beyond cool. I don't, however see many parents buying their kids that Emma Frost figure...

She has more clothes on than Elektra, and a cape for when it's chilly. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:50 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Couple of things I noticed on those pics:

- Looks like you guys were right, Hasbro appears to be incorporating the Spiderman 3 SHS back into the regular Marvel SHS line.

- Is Emma going to be an exclusive for that set? It'll suck if we have to buy that whole set just to get Emma. :(

- That Fing Fang Foom & Iron Man set just looks amazing! I really like the classic looking Iron Man!!!

- How many Sentinels and Cyclops do we really need in this line? Really. And speaking of which, are you guys collecting every variant on this line or just the best representation of each figure? I started out collecting every variant, but I've given up and I'm just collecting the most (in my opinion) definitive versions of that character in SHS.

Anyway, discuss.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:13 pm 

What you think about the sentinels? I think I like the first one better, but I don't mind picking up another one to get the Cyclops.

I have been getting all of the Marvel variants so far (but none of the Spider-Man packs).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:44 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Krypton1976 wrote:
Couple of things I noticed on those pics:

- Looks like you guys were right, Hasbro appears to be incorporating the Spiderman 3 SHS back into the regular Marvel SHS line.

Definatly fits the information that we've gotten. Wonder if we'll get an Iron Man or Incredible Hulk sub-line next year along with those movies. I hope so. That would rock. :)
Quote:
- Is Emma going to be an exclusive for that set? It'll suck if we have to buy that whole set just to get Emma. :(

To be fair, both Magneto and Colossus are all new sculpts. Both much better than the original versions. Especially in the case of Magneto. Hell, even Colossus is cooler. And Wolverine looks to be heavily retooled. Looks like Colossus and Wolvie will be able to do the Fastball Special pose also.
Quote:
- That Fing Fang Foom & Iron Man set just looks amazing! I really like the classic looking Iron Man!!!

Agreed. Ever since the picture of FFF and Iron Man went up as a puzzle on the SHS website, I knew he was coming. Can't wait to get him. And wonder what's next for the Mega-Packs. :D
Quote:
- How many Sentinels and Cyclops do we really need in this line? Really. And speaking of which, are you guys collecting every variant on this line or just the best representation of each figure? I started out collecting every variant, but I've given up and I'm just collecting the most (in my opinion) definitive versions of that character in SHS.

Anyway, discuss.....

I love the retooled/repainted Sentinel. I was hoping we'd get it after seeing it on the wallpaper. It looks much more like the classic version. Plus it looks like he may have the new arm articulation as was found on Apocalypse and Giant Man. And yep, I'm collecting every variant myself. Mostly because other than the tons of Spider-Mans, all of them have been different versions of costumes. Which is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:32 pm 
Damage Control

def getting that Foom/classic Iron Man. Pass on the rest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next