Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Where do you keep your figures?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:38 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I figure we've got our share of married guys here who have full-time jobs outside of the home. Like me. So, where do you keep your action figures? Anyone litter your office with them, like I do?

I think I have over 30 figures in my office. My wife isn't crazy about them so she encourages me to take them out of our house, but I've also got an "office" full of comics and comic-related statues and prints and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:53 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I've got a home office full of figures and such (where is that Collections Forum Julius??) and I've got a few items on rotation at my work - Scarface, some Hellboy stuff, a few Alternators, a couple Joes rappelling down the cables from the ceiling...and of course my Cubes figures! Funny story: Recently a coworker buddy of mine stole all of it and hid 'em for about a month - he finally gave up after relentless harassment on my part, including random practical jokes, photoshop manipulations using his face and emails sent from his computer to everyone declaring his love for others in my department. He finally gave 'em back last week after I hacked into his computer during one of his all-day meetings and opened up a new email on his 21" monitor screen and typed "I LIKE TO EAT POOP" in brown 70 pt type. Everyone that walked by got a good laugh out of it. He told me he's never taking my stuff again! :lol:

So anyway, I've got a ton of stuff here. I always worry someone will steal something, but my area is fairly hidden from the main traffic so someone would have to really go out of their way to snag it.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:03 am 
shirtless hugger

I keep them at my gf's house. I have a bookshelf there and a little corner of the living room to put my collection :)

The rest of it is under a table next to my bed, displayed on my computer desk or on my desk at work! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:52 pm 
ABS

My figures are just about literally everywhere in our apartment.

Everywhere.

EVVVVRRREEEEEWHHHHEERRREEEE!!!!!!!!!

...except the bathroom.

Did you get the quasi-reference to The Professional? Didja?

No? Ok...

-Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:56 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

off ice?
been kinda warm here, lately. so, yeah, I'm off ice.

(shyeah, SOME of us actually WORK for a living!)

Have YOU taken The Julius Marx Karaoke Challenge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:21 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

All my ML and DCD stuff are on display shelves in my spare room/home office. Used to keep my japanese/anime mecha on the shelves but now they're in a storage closet. May bring em back out when I get tired of comic book figs... or get a bigger house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm 
5th Horseman

Lots of closets, entire garage, lots of storage space...the main display is in the 'toy room', the original family room of the house. The new family room in the basement has its share of busts and statues though, and yep, I have stuff at work in the office as well.

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:00 pm 
active in the community

Open and displayed on shelves behind my desk. MLs in various setups by team and everything else kinda mixed in together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:39 pm 
ABS

Opened....Pretty much all over my apartment.....On 2 entertainment centers, a couple small end talbes.........Here and there...............Just all over the place really...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:40 pm 
proverbial old fart

The vast majority of my toys and comics are in storage, but I have all my DCD and my favorite things in my home office/study. The DCD figures in their packages are hanging like border paper around the room. More stuff, both loose and boxed stuff is on the three bookcases.

All this will change later this year. We've purchased an old house (built in 1930) and are redoing it. I will have a huge room upstairs for my "stuff" when we finish. I hope to get more of my collection out of storage.

Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of job where I can have any of my toys at work (I work for Lowe's).

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:04 am 
Knows his stuff

well we have a small apartment so i only have one box and a few figs scattered around.... but i have a comic room at my families house where i have everything up and displayed on shelves. i can't wait to get a house so my comic room can be at my house again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Three words: Giant plastic bins

Well, excpet for my 1:18 military collection, most of which is so big they're better off just staying in the original boxes, stowed wherever I can find room for them.

But yeah, I'm still in school so everything's in storage. But one day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:28 pm 
We've got a walk up attic which is pretty much all mine for toys. I've got everything opened and on shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:27 am 
Ok..at first glance I thought the topic was "where do you keep your fingers"..

anyway, I keep my figs in huge rubber totes, all the same type for the most part. They stack well and seal safely.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:51 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

IG-64 wrote:
Open and displayed on shelves behind my desk. MLs in various setups by team and everything else kinda mixed in together.

You, sir, have what has got to be the single greatest signature *ever*.

FWIW, I have all my figures in cardboard boxes in storage. I'm not really into them anymore, but there's too much setimental value to sell them.