Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:58 pm 
shirtless hugger

KRaZeE wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
Can someone post the HoJ questions? I can't join there to view them (tried it months ago and nothing worked). Anyways, the info sounds good. I'm glad Mattel has considered pack-in figures like Dr. Psycho, Mxy, and Bat-mite.

All of the answers were either 'stay tuned', 'wait for toyfare' or 'not available', so you didn't miss much. :lol: But you may wanna PM PowerGuy...I'm sure he'd help you with the signup process.

I think he and I worked on that already, but we couldn't determine the problem. I worked with someone, I just don't remember who. This whole thing would be easier if the HoJ forums were open to non-members *nudgenudgewinkwink*. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
Prototype

Interesting. I cannot wait for the February Toy Fair!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:54 pm 
4" scale

Quote:
The 2007 JLU figures have all been remixed into new case packs and should be hitting stores as we speak. This should help collectors fill in the gaps in there collection until the fall when…ooops. Can’t finish that sentence until after you read the announcement in Toy Fare magazine in Feb!

I find this disappointing just because we'd have to wait so long... well, at least maybe until July.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:44 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I'm assuming the huge overlap of questions is due to ToyFare magazine's content. Here's hoping it meets the hype. Anyone have a street date on it yet?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

marillion wrote:
I'm assuming the huge overlap of questions is due to ToyFare magazine's content. Here's hoping it meets the hype. Anyone have a street date on it yet?

February 13th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:52 am 
Dog Squeezer

Arrakhat wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
Can someone post the HoJ questions? I can't join there to view them (tried it months ago and nothing worked). Anyways, the info sounds good. I'm glad Mattel has considered pack-in figures like Dr. Psycho, Mxy, and Bat-mite.

All of the answers were either 'stay tuned', 'wait for toyfare' or 'not available', so you didn't miss much. :lol: But you may wanna PM PowerGuy...I'm sure he'd help you with the signup process.

I think he and I worked on that already, but we couldn't determine the problem. I worked with someone, I just don't remember who. This whole thing would be easier if the HoJ forums were open to non-members *nudgenudgewinkwink*. :wink:

I'm sorry but due to some issues we've had with a few trouble-makers in the past, the Hall requires that all guests register before they can view and post. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

My best recommendation for those that have had issues signing up is to use a non-Yahoo email address. The software we use for the Hall sometimes has issues with Yahoo for some reason.

Any questions? Please P/M me.

Thanks,

PG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 am 
Collector Inspector

Justr to let you know i just signed up and used a yahoo account and it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:25 am 
The Last Word

Quote:
Currently Wal-Mart has not placed orders for our DCUC figures.
Quote:
It is true that Wal-Mart is currently not ordering the DCUC line. This does not mean fans should “worry” at all. The line is available at most other major retailers and online sellers.

:lol: No, why worry? Who needs support from the largest toy retailer? JLU hasn't had it for years, and everything has been peachy on that front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:27 am 
Former King of Posts

I have a few new answers from a maybe unexpected source. Dwayne McDuffie. DM is the new/current writer of the JLA comic and one of the wirters of JLU. I've been posting on his site, www.DwayneMcDuffie.com in their forum for a while now. So I took a chance and asked a few questions about JLU.

The #1 interesting thing I've gotten out of him at this point?
(This is taken from memory, I'll get the exact text later.)

SF: "Do you know, or can you tell us why certain characters, who seem obviously missing from the cast of JLU, were not there? Firestorm, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle".

DM "Firestorm and Plastic Man were both cleared for use in JLU. We just could not find a story we liked for them. Blue Beetle? - DC said 'No.'"

SF: "If Firestorm and Plastic Man were cleared, why did they not appear in some of the background scenes with tons of heroes like Dark Heart?"

DM: "No one ever drew them" ... I'm guessing the model sheets here.

Man I wish that had happened. Would have been cool to see Firestorm and Plastic Man somewhere on the show. And I bet they would have been chosen for toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:13 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

They probably still will be toys... (Plasticman and Firestorm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:29 pm 
Former King of Posts

Under the old contract, that would have been impossible as the restriction was that the characters MUST appear on the show. I am betting with the new contract that, yes these two will be in the line in short order. Note that Firestorm is already in DCUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 pm 
Collector Inspector

superfriend wrote:
Under the old contract, that would have been impossible as the restriction was that the characters MUST appear on the show. I am betting with the new contract that, yes these two will be in the line in short order. Note that Firestorm is already in DCUC.

Plastic Man is a pretty recognizable character to at least parents (remember the old cheesy cartoon, I loved watching it when I was little)
He's one of my most wanted characters made in JLU and I hope we get him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:36 pm 

maybe they'll have a super powers homage six pack and another six pack for the hannah barbara characters:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:24 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I'd like to see Black Vulcan, Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, and Samurai, as well as their Ultimen counterparts. I really hope now that they have the master license, we don't see any of the Justice Guild, I hated that episode and would rather see "real" characters and not those JSA rip offs. Speaking of the JSA, I would LOVE for them to make Alan Scott and Jay Garrick figures. Alan Scott was always my favorite of the Green Lanterns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 pm 

I'm with ya on the JSA and the other super friends characters...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next