Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm 
5" Scale

Well, they did MENTION Plastic Man (for what it's worth) :D

I had thought I'd read somewhere that The Greatest Story Never Told was originally going to be a Firestorm episode, but that DC but the kibosh on using him. (Maybe they didn't want Ronnie showing up when Jason had taken over in the comics?) Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.

I do remember hearing that Blue Beetle was a no. (So was Black Lightning, for that matter.)

I wonder how come Guy Gardner never made the cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:30 pm 
The Last Word

superfriend wrote:
SF: "Do you know, or can you tell us why certain characters, who seem obviously missing from the cast of JLU, were not there? Firestorm, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle".

DM "Firestorm and Plastic Man were both cleared for use in JLU. We just could not find a story we liked for them. Blue Beetle? - DC said 'No.'"
Thatman wrote:
I had thought I'd read somewhere that The Greatest Story Never Told was originally going to be a Firestorm episode, but that DC but the kibosh on using him. (Maybe they didn't want Ronnie showing up when Jason had taken over in the comics?) Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.

I believe Bruce Timm one said The Greatest Story Never Told was originally supposed to be a Firestorm story, but they didn't feel like they had enough time in one episode to explain the Ronnie/Professor Stein dynamic AND tell a good tale. I'd provide a link if I could remember where I read that, but I don't, and I could be partially mistaken. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Argh. We dont even know what next month's announcement is and TG is already hyping another announcement in the fall?!? It's like that teaser that ran at the end of the GL Sinestro War arc...Blackest Night summer 2009. Will the buzzmaking never end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:01 pm 
Former King of Posts

buzzing is all we do around here. (and at places like RTM - their forum going 10 years strong is called "The Toy Buzz".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:00 pm 
Prototype

Wow. Interesting that they were actually allowed to use Plastic Man and Firestorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

Power Guy wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
Can someone post the HoJ questions? I can't join there to view them (tried it months ago and nothing worked). Anyways, the info sounds good. I'm glad Mattel has considered pack-in figures like Dr. Psycho, Mxy, and Bat-mite.

All of the answers were either 'stay tuned', 'wait for toyfare' or 'not available', so you didn't miss much. :lol: But you may wanna PM PowerGuy...I'm sure he'd help you with the signup process.

I think he and I worked on that already, but we couldn't determine the problem. I worked with someone, I just don't remember who. This whole thing would be easier if the HoJ forums were open to non-members *nudgenudgewinkwink*. :wink:

I'm sorry but due to some issues we've had with a few trouble-makers in the past, the Hall requires that all guests register before they can view and post. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

My best recommendation for those that have had issues signing up is to use a non-Yahoo email address. The software we use for the Hall sometimes has issues with Yahoo for some reason.

Any questions? Please P/M me.

Thanks,

PG

I don't use Yahoo, so that's not the problem. In any case, I don't hold anything against you or your boards. You do things how you have to, I just got unlucky. It's life!

On another note, I didn't know that Firestorm and Plastic Man could have been on the show. Seems like a wasted opportunity for cameo appearances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:21 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Only Bruce Timm/Firestorm thing I could find.

http://jl.toonzone.net/episode33/episode33.htm

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:36 am 
Santos L. Halper

I am fairly certain the Firestorm reference is on the DVD extra of one of the JLU box sets....and I am pretty sure Thatman is correct...The Greatest Story Never Told was supposed to star Firestorm instead of Booster Gold...as a side note, that is the same episode that Green Lantern tells the Elongated Man that they don't need him on the battle field since "Plastic Man is already down there, we don't need TWO stretchy guys!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:33 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Arsenio3 wrote:
Argh. We dont even know what next month's announcement is and TG is already hyping another announcement in the fall?!?

I believe the announcement in ToyFare is what's going to begin appearing on shelves in the fall. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 am 
An Insider

Chip, where is the GL quote on your sig line from? Was it 'Blackest Night,' from JL season 1?

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 am 
Collector Inspector

robiwan wrote:
Chip, where is the GL quote on your sig line from? Was it 'Blackest Night,' from JL season 1?

-R

I trhought it was the Judge from Family guy (who is voiced by the same actor as GL)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:23 am 
An Insider

Okay, that makes more sense.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:54 am 
The Last Word

Ghost6 wrote:
I am fairly certain the Firestorm reference is on the DVD extra of one of the JLU box sets....and I am pretty sure Thatman is correct...The Greatest Story Never Told was supposed to star Firestorm instead of Booster Gold...

Right, but I'm about 90% positive that the decision to use a different character was for a reason other than DC saying they couldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:58 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Primetime wrote:
robiwan wrote:

-R

I trhought it was the Judge from Family guy (who is voiced by the same actor as GL)

Off topic but I believe Phil Lamarr (the voice of JLU GL John Stewart and others) was also the voice of Black Lightning when he appeard on Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law and called Aquaman, "Whitefish". Brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Primetime wrote:

Ding ding ding! :)

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next