Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:54 am 
Tis' but a pup

Jim_Abell wrote:
marillion wrote:
Hopefully it's all shown at Toy Fair if that's the case.

Unless Mattel's going to be showing off the line to international buyers I doubt that there will be any JLU on display next week. Companies just don't show off exclusives at Toy Fair. I'm betting we'll see a few of them a NYCC and all of them at SDCC with maybe a few doled out to websites and magazines between them...

Do you think we may see some figures at Wizard Con LA in March? If so I will be sure to take plenty of pictures! I remember last year Mattel had a display there! Target has been my #1 source for the smaller JLU line. I hope they will start carrying the 10" line as well. Speaking of the 10" line has there been any news about the 10" line? GOOD HUNTING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:57 am 
Mattel Mogul

So glad everyone is happy with the news! Can't tell you all how long we have wanted to announce new JLU. Since getting the full DC license last year we had to reshuffle around a lot of resources but JLU is back baby, now branded as a "Collector's Series".

The 13 figures for the fall does not count Lashina, Forager or Mantis. It does count Vic though. So 12 more figure are left to be revealed. (and that also does not count repaints or re-releases (like Superman in the Apokolips pack or this really cool repaint of <NAME> we did in his <DESCRIPTION WITHHELD) look from the comic books.

And the Darkseid in the Attack from Apokolips pack (yup, the 6 packs have cool names now) is not the version from "Alive". We looked into doing this version but it required quite a few parts. We thought spending that money on The Question's coat was a better idea. :-)

Also, the packaging is going to be fantastic as well. This was truly a labor of love by folks at Mattel, DC and Warner Brothers who are all huge fans of the show. And from what it sounds like already, fans are going to be very happy.

We will not be showing JLU figures at Toy Fair for exactly the reasons mentioned in this thread, the line is a Target exclusive and the goal of Toy Fair is to show product that all retailers can order. The Fall 2008 JLU line will be revealed to the public at NY Comic Con in April and at Comic Con San Diego in July. I can't wait to show these off!

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:58 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Jim_Abell wrote:
marillion wrote:
Hopefully it's all shown at Toy Fair if that's the case.

Unless Mattel's going to be showing off the line to international buyers I doubt that there will be any JLU on display next week. Companies just don't show off exclusives at Toy Fair. I'm betting we'll see a few of them a NYCC and all of them at SDCC with maybe a few doled out to websites and magazines between them...

First of all, I have to say...

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks goes out to Mattel, the ToyGuru, and Target! As some have already said, JLU is practically a Target exclusive right now anyway. Maybe the other retailers are taking a wait and see approach, and Target's exclusivity is by default? Speaking of other retailers:

"F" Wal-mart if they're so short-sighted and Power Rangers-happy that they won't carry the line. Bugger the 800 lb gorilla! Toys R Us? Way to go. Are you trying to miss the boat? There goes more of those dollars that Geoffrey so desperately wants to siphon away form Wal-Mart and Target.

Can't wait for the pics, and I can't wait for the TARGET JLU line to start hittin' stores.

Now, I can focus all of my GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDAN requesting on one major retailer, and I know where they live :wink: if you know what I'm sayin'!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:08 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Sooooo, in countries like Canada where there are no Target stores...?

Should I overreact now or wait a while for someone to maybe give me a glimmer of hope here? Let me say I will be very, very disappointed if this means whatever meagre avenues we had up here of getting these figures are now closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:29 am 
Tis' but a pup

all great news! so happy about that, but the target exclusive thing, how does affect the people from other countries, here we haven´t see JLU figures on retail since 2005, what´s gonna do mattel about that

Can anyone send pics please, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:31 am 
categorically opposed

ToyGuru wrote:
So glad everyone is happy with the news! Can't tell you all how long we have wanted to announce new JLU. Since getting the full DC license last year we had to reshuffle around a lot of resources but JLU is back baby, now branded as a "Collector's Series".

The 13 figures for the fall does not count Lashina, Forager or Mantis. It does count Vic though. So 12 more figure are left to be revealed. (and that also does not count repaints or re-releases (like Superman in the Apokolips pack or this really cool repaint of <NAME> we did in his <DESCRIPTION WITHHELD) look from the comic books.

And the Darkseid in the Attack from Apokolips pack (yup, the 6 packs have cool names now) is not the version from "Alive". We looked into doing this version but it required quite a few parts. We thought spending that money on The Question's coat was a better idea. :-)

Also, the packaging is going to be fantastic as well. This was truly a labor of love by folks at Mattel, DC and Warner Brothers who are all huge fans of the show. And from what it sounds like already, fans are going to be very happy.

We will not be showing JLU figures at Toy Fair for exactly the reasons mentioned in this thread, the line is a Target exclusive and the goal of Toy Fair is to show product that all retailers can order. The Fall 2008 JLU line will be revealed to the public at NY Comic Con in April and at Comic Con San Diego in July. I can't wait to show these off!

TG

TG, again, you're the man! This is crazy! All my JLU is packed away (due to lack of shelving space and refocusing on DCUC), but it will be making a triumphant return once this new stuff starts hitting.

Quick question - if you've been able to make a Question figure for JLU, does that open up the other Charlton characters (Captain Atom and Blue Beetle) for inclusion in both JLU and DCUC?

Thanks, man...this was totally unexpected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:37 am 
MINT!

OMG!!!! :shock:

I stop visiting the fotum for a few days and when I come back I find this huge ammount of awesome news!!!! Thanks thanks thanks Toyguru & Mattel!!!! I cant wait!!!

Now, could someone pppppppplease send me a pm with the pics!!!!?? OMG Im dying to see them! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I know this board has always been GREAT about getting figures to our "overseas" brothers...ya'll dont worry...we will hook ya'll up!!!

JLU is back baby!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Wow, this is amazing news. Thanks to ToyGuru for taking the time to drop by and clarify the news. It is absolutely fantastic that the line is going to continue exclusively at Target. Will certainly make things easier lol. Not like Wal-Mart and TRU have really been that supportive anyway lol.

I'm just excited beyond belief to hear that Lashina, Forager and Mantis will be in addition to the Question and the other 12. That makes 16 new characters, PLUS any redecoes / repaints. That is a staggering number for a "budget" line. Thanks to everyone at Mattel for not giving up on it.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:12 am 
serves the Otter

Toy Guru...I'm delirious with excitement. And I can wait until April to see the other pics and revelations of the figures.

Thanks, Mattel!!! Thanks Target!!!

Seriously. Delirious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:29 am 
Tis' but a pup

Pm me if you want the pic guys....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:32 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm not worried about the international ramifications. The Hawkgirl Lords 3 pack was released here when it was still a Toys R Us exclusive in America. And the case assortments Mattel Greece/Cyprus puts out are so bad that I'm used to getting all my figures from ebay anyway. They just released a new case - all it has in it is Batman/Superman/Martian Manhunter and Trinity. That's it. :P I guess they cut out the obscure characters because they assume no one on these shores would know them (which isn't true since they translate the comics for the local market and they're sold everywhere that sells magazines).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:44 am 
5" Scale

ToyGuru wrote:

TG

Thank TG!!! man mattel is going to get a ton of my money!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:51 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I really like how excited Toyguru sounds in his post. You can tell he's psyched! It's great having a rep so into it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:24 am 
An Insider

could someone please shoot me a pm with pics? thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next