Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SOTA's Micronaut's....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:39 pm 
IS anyone else looking forward to this line I personally can't wait and hope they make Acroyear for wave 2!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:45 pm 
Daniel Pickett

They look SO SWEET! Jerry is such a HUGE Micronauts fan you KNOW these are gonna be good.

Yeah. I can't wait to see them. They should be on an upcoming cover of Tomart's AFD.

Julius M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm 
Hell's yeah. thank's for the info Julius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:06 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yup im really looking forward to these too. Very cool indeed. ive always wanted some larger scale micronauts.. If only i could have the Marvel comics lineup as marvel legends. That new Karza looks fantastic. id love to see their take on Acroyear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:42 pm 
Dog Squeezer

They look really nifty.

And SOTA seems really wise in not releasing all the popular must haves in one wave.

EVERYONE will want an Acroyear so hopefully he makes it in wave 2!

I wonder if they will stick loosely to the 1 hero, 1 villain, 1 alien formula per wave, as it's probably not a bad thing...

I just want to see TONS of repaints. Micros are probably one of the few lines were repaints are not only cool but practically required! :lol:

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:16 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I Remember the Micronauts comics as drawn by Michael Golden for Marvel, so these figures will fit in superbly with my Marvel Legends. Its just a shame that the 'Marvelnauts' featured some different characters like Bug that SOTA do not have the license to.

As for the original toys I had to look them up on the net as I could not remember what they looked like. They sure have aged badly and seem really simple by modern standards. The stuff SOTA are set to produce are light years ahead in quality. having said that I have heard people say on other forums that they would have preffered a smaller GI Joe or Takara style series of toys rather than 6" ones. You can't please everybody I guess!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:35 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Presterjohn wrote:
As for the original toys I had to look them up on the net as I could not remember what they looked like. They sure have aged badly and seem really simple by modern standards. The stuff SOTA are set to produce are light years ahead in quality.

I think you really hit the nail on the head when you mention quality.

Palisades problems with their reissue line could be blamed on the poor quality of the intial factory they used.

BUT I think the basic design and function of a lot of Microman/naut toys is just not up to todays standards.

Hard ABS limbs with very think joints and metal rivets? Those are just too delicate by todays standards.

Had they beefed up the joints and connections with an eye toward durability (perhaps hybrid ABS/PVC joints so you have some flex and cushion as you do on current 3 3/4" joes) they probably wouldn't have had as many QC problems regardless of the factory.

The designs are great and nostalgic, but they are not sturdy, and sadly Palisades learned this the hard way...

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:32 pm 
Damage Control

I like them. Hopefully my budget will allow the room to purchase them :shock: Aside from the Acroyear that seems a given, I want a Pharoid (with time chamber of course) and Biotron. Not sure how they would handle a big guy like Biotron, but I want one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:18 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

When I was still with RingofCollectors.com I got to see the display pieces at Toy Fair. Man, did Jerry and crew knock one out of the part with Baron Karza! This is one of the slickest (yes, it's a word!) "reimaginings" I've seen of a familar design in a LOOOONG time!

I think this series is going to be a fav in collector circles!