Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kmart Batman Dark Knight 3 pack: 5" or 6"?
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:41 am 
my tummy itches

Saw this over at RTM:

Kmart's web site shows:

Ebay seller stating this is the Kmart 3 pack shows this:

If the latter is correct, that's a really bad bait and switch! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 am 
Factory Worker

holy crap! i ordered one from kmart.com yesterday!

Well they better refund me everything. it says movie 3 pack on their website so i don't get it. Perhaps this is another 3 pack as the kmart pictured set- movie masters 3 pack has not made it to kmart stores yet and just went on sale on their website first on May 18, the again on May 20.

Anyway, i will post a pic once i get mine, it shipped already so, it should be here by Monday.

Folks just for safety if you bought one, take a screen grab of their site before they change it to add a loophole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:41 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Mine should be here by Friday. If it is the 5" figures like the set on ebay it will be going back. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:48 am 
Factory Worker

If we wanted this, it would be better to buy the exclusive 4 pack from TRU which has the purple suit basic joker, both batman suits and the scarecrow for 29.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:50 am 
my tummy itches

toylad wrote:
Well they better refund me everything. it says movie 3 pack on their website so i don't get it.

and the picture from the ebay auction says exactly that:

Combine that with the $21.99 price tag (that price never sounded right for 3 of the 6" figures) and I'm now fully in the camp that Kmart put the wrong picture up on their web site.

TRU has a 2 pack exclusive for the same price, but it's definitely the 6" scale and even says Movie MASTERS on the packaging:

"Batman: Dark Knight Begins Old Suit/Scarecrow"

Two figures I don't own for no increased cost, I'll probably pick up this set unless the single figures come with a nice accessory (though I'm doubting it - and I don't count the evidence as an accessory - I'd like a Batarang or something!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 pm 
5" Scale

That would royally stink if that bait & switch is in fact the case.

On an aside, my K-Mart just today started displaying TDK merchandise, ...but just the 4" car and 5" stuff...no sign of Movie Masters. (STILL have not seen any of them.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:26 pm 
Factory Worker

Crap! Now we know why they closed in many places. :evil:

The movie master TRU exclusive 3 pack is mucho expensive, It runs $30 including tax and shipping, so that's almost $15 each. I'll wait for the singles.

By the way, i thought the key word in the K-mart exclusive is Movie in Movie 3 pack. The figures they are showing on ebay are not refered to as movie are they?

My understanding is that those are basic figures, stylized for kids. Movie is only used in reference to Movie Masters right? Wish the Mattel dude could clarify. I think its there fault in using such ambiguous language.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:09 pm 
We're going streaking!

Well, I realized that it didn't take long for them to remove the picture from the listing. I though it was my browser causing a problem. Maybe not.

If you click to view a larger image, the picture will appear; same if you search for Batman. Otherwise, it's a blank white box. And it just says Movie 3-Packs, not Movie Masters (although, it may have said MM initailly). I think K-Mart screwed up royally on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

toylad wrote:
Crap! Now we know why they closed in many places. :evil:

The movie master TRU exclusive 3 pack is mucho expensive, It runs $30 including tax and shipping, so that's almost $15 each. I'll wait for the singles.

By the way, i thought the key word in the K-mart exclusive is Movie in Movie 3 pack. The figures they are showing on ebay are not refered to as movie are they?

My understanding is that those are basic figures, stylized for kids. Movie is only used in reference to Movie Masters right? Wish the Mattel dude could clarify. I think its there fault in using such ambiguous language.

Any product tied to The Dark Knight should be considered movie product, there are different segments but it's all related to the movie even if it has been stylized for the kiddies. Granted it does seem that K-Mart used the wrong photo reference but it is still a Batman movie 3-pack it's just not a Movie Masters 3-pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:47 pm 
PVC

I've seen these in person in K-Mart.They are definetly the 5"
kiddie figures,NOT the Movie Masters....
Was this line under-produced on purpose to create an artificial
"buzz" concerning the movie & the toys??
I've not seen one Joker inna store anywhere!! If the Mrs. hadn't
of gone to W.V. I may never of gotten one...................
MB1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:12 pm 
Factory Worker

well i guess for all of us to took the plunge we are in for an uphill battle. Good luck to us. More and more retailers are using the wrong images as a way to bait people and not take responsibility, K-mart will of course make this a horrible learning experience and not take responsibility. Some congressman should put a bill forward to ensure that retailers match the correct photos with product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 am 
Santos L. Halper

I am not making light of the situation that KMart screwed up pretty bad....but if our goverment officials wasted one second more of their already padded days proposing an "Action figure bait and switch bill" I will be hightailing it out of this country faster than you could say "George Bush". :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well said.

So, I'm not sure I understand what Scarecrow is wearing. Is it a floor length straight jacket or a long sleeved robe or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:00 am 
buzz word garbage hater

When is the TRU one released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

My K-Mart Exclusive Dark Knight 3-Pack arrived and it wasn't the Movie Masters set shown on K-Mart, but it also wasn't the 3-pack shown on Ebay. It's the 5" Staff Strike Batman (all black), Destructo-Case Joker (Purple suite) & the Begins Scarecrow. So both pics were wrong. So although it's not what I wanted...It's not as bad as what was on e-bay.