Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:43 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Brain fart! I fixed it...thanks Ham! :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 am 
Former King of Posts

Not specifically to you, but that I thought the topic had been adequately covered. Summary:

"There are two versions of the Bruce Timm Batman show which started in 1992. The second one has design changes from the first. We'd like to see figures from the second version in these new designs." IMHO, Hasbro did a good job of covering the first version of the show. It seems some fans would like Mattel to take a shot at covering the second.

I just think the character vote part of the poll is more interesting.

... And while I typed this, Chip popped in, agreed with you, and adjusted it. Thanks Chip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:59 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
I just think the character vote part of the poll is more interesting.

... And while I typed this, Chip popped in, agreed with you, and adjusted it. Thanks Chip.

I agree with you on the characters being more important, Erik, but I do want to avoid any and all confusion with Mattel. I know Scott/ToyGuru doesn't know that universe as well as *I* do. :P

Therefore, I'd rather it be perfectly clear we *don't* need another figure of the BTAS Scarecrow, but we *really* need his TNBA redesign. :D

Peace,

Chip ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am 
Santos L. Halper

I too did not vote for Shazam, expecting him to be announced at SDCC. If not, I'll be P/O'd!

I am very happy about the results. Everyone, including myself, seems to want more or less the same top 10 characters. Awesome!!

And yes, the TNBA or whatever you want call it (The second Batman Bruce Timm show redesign) needs for Mattel to put their loving hands on it and make some of those characters in plastic (Clayface, Mad Hatter, Poison Ivy & Scarecrow, especially)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 am 
Santos L. Halper

in the many YEARS that we have been having JLU polls, I have to say that looking at the lists, I can honestly say that a handful of characters are "need to have" but the majority are now "nice to have".

I loved this show and all the fantastic characters, but for me, we have started to reach the end of our journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:17 am 
Former King of Posts

Captain Atom was shown at NYCC. We have been told that Question is in the works. If we get Shazam on top of that, then the main heroes of the show are done. I actually think the knowlegde that two of these are coming and the feeling that the 3rd one is too has taken some fuel out of the poll.

Cheetah is still a sore spot, having taken the top female villain or female spot for 3 years running and no where in sight. Killer Frost too.

I see the upcoming Batman and villains 6 pack as an awesome bright light in this and cannot wait to see what other surprises are on their way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 am 
categorically opposed

Ghost6 wrote:
in the many YEARS that we have been having JLU polls, I have to say that looking at the lists, I can honestly say that a handful of characters are "need to have" but the majority are now "nice to have".

I loved this show and all the fantastic characters, but for me, we have started to reach the end of our journey.

I completely agree, Ghost.

The Question, Captain Atom, and (arguably) Captain Marvel are on their way. Cheetah won't be long, either, and given how simple Killer Frost's outfit would be, I'm sure she's a shoo-in as well.

There's not a whole lot left that's a must-have for me. In fact, I have my JLUs packed up right now (a combination of not having enough space and the fact that they won't friggin' stay standing). I think this Target exclusive program is a great way to wind the line down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:39 am 
Dog Squeezer

Gypsy beat Amanda Waller?!?!?! I have to say that I'm a bit.....shocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:58 pm 
Former King of Posts

I'm shocked that people voted for Waller in a line based upon Super Heroes in Super Hero costumes.

Who's next Eiling? Prof Hamilton? Jimmy Olsen? Lex in a suit?
:lol:

Costumes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

superfriend wrote:
If we get Shazam on top of that, then the main heroes of the show are done.

Shazam 1 episode--

Mr Terrific-- Like 10--

I didnt vote for Capt Marvel-- and if we dont get him it wont bother me.. Although I would take him any day of the week before Hal.

And if you wanted him that bad you should vote for him. I figure cheetah is a forgone conclusion-- but she will be my number one spot in every poll until she is produced. Not taking any chances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:54 pm 
Crime Against Nature

I think Deadman is also an easy, somewhat essential, oft overlooked character that need a figure.

I'd like a new Creeper, but the Hasbro one was pretty darn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:26 pm 
Cold-cast

superfriend wrote:
I'm shocked that people voted for Waller in a line based upon Super Heroes in Super Hero costumes.

Costumes!

Lex looks far more badass in a suit than he does in any of the horrible costumes they've tried to give him over the last thirty years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm 
Prototype

KSwolf wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Costumes!

Lex looks far more badass in a suit than he does in any of the horrible costumes they've tried to give him over the last thirty years.

Definately agree with ya! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:21 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

riddler2403 wrote:
KSwolf wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Costumes!

Definately agree with ya! :wink:

Waller is actually the only 'plain clothes' character I'd really like. She doesn't need a costume, she's a bad ass mofo and nobody messes with the Wall! :) That's why I want her. I could honestly sit through an entire episode of watching her tear into people. LOL. It's like Judge Judy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:22 pm 
MINT!

Krypton1976 wrote:
I too did not vote for Shazam, expecting him to be announced at SDCC. If not, I'll be P/O'd!

Toy Guru has said on camera that Shazam/Capt Marvel is coming and will be on display at SDCC.I thought this was general knowledge.....link below Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phNqkbu ... n/?paged=4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next