Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:37 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Well , if anyone wants to be "friend for life" to the ol' Otter, I still needs ALL of wave 6.

Except Punisher, of course. ;)

J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:43 pm 
Glenn2000 wrote:
I bougth all three because 1 of them was for me, one for my grandson and one to trade for a Hawkeye. The tow Phoneix figures were one for me and one for my grandson.

You see my youngest son's boy, who is 6 years old, is a super-hero/comic/action figure fan just like me - and, I might add, thanks to me. I keep him supplied with all the stuff that dreams are made of... :wink:

Good to hear there's a younger generation getting some of these figures! One of the reasons I asked is that Juggernaut (and Apocalypse) seem to be really popular among kids I've talked to. They like the larger sized figures.

It's unfortunate when scalpers walk into a store and deprive entire areas of hard-to-find figures--but since these figures went to actual fans, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it! :)

The_Donster: I've also picked up a figure or two for trade (including an extra Juggernaut--granted the Walmart had 3 and I only bought the one). I have no problem with people picking up an extra figure to trade. It's when people buy ALL the shortpacks JUST to trade/ebay that I get annoyed. Marvel Legends is a tough enough series to collect at retail without scalpers artificially depleting areas of stock. And it hurts the kids who don't have the resources ebaying adults do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:44 pm 
ToyOtter wrote:
Well , if anyone wants to be "friend for life" to the ol' Otter, I still needs ALL of wave 6.

Except Punisher, of course. ;)

J.

Well, I can get Cable and Wolverine readily enough...but, I imagine the costs to ship it from Canada would be prohibitive. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:01 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Loose shipping might be an option to consider. Jason gets stuff shipped from Asia all the time and he doesn't complain. :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:05 pm 
5" Scale

Sent you a e-mail ToyOtter :wink: ACMite, I understand your frustrations when it comes to this line. But honestly, where do you think the "scalpers" get their information? Most of the time on boards like this, where we post and talk about things. This helps them pick the next hot thing to put on eBay. For the most part, I think all you need is a little patience and eventually everything comes around full circle. I started collecting the ML in series 5. But at the time I only picked up Blade, now I'm going around and picking up the figures I passed on the first time either in trade or purchases. When it comes to trading, I just do far, straight trades or value of the item. This seems to have given me high marks in alot of the forums I belong to. I realize you live in Canada, so you might be afforded some of the luxaries of things coming around. But might I suggest building a relationship with other traders. That's what works for me and I've only had one bad experience. Which was just a delay in shipping, eventually I received my figures :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:29 pm 
proverbial old fart

Hey, I hope that no one feels uncomfortable about the conversation. I certainly don't.

I think we can all agree that scalpers are not the kind of people we would have over for dinner.

I am, by the way, still looking for a Hawkeye figure :wink: