Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JLU Tides are turning?!?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 pm 
active in the community

Today I went by Target (Long Beach, CA) to return something. Since I was there, I figured I would check out the toy aisles. Low and behold: there were pegs filled with Captain Atom & Galatea 3 packs. There had to be at least 8 of each! Also, they had all the new singles & one Grodd 6 pack. Perhaps this is a good sign!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:11 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

I hope so. Considering its a Target Exclusive product now I hope with the demand for these guys Target stocks more regularly on these guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:50 pm 
Prototype

Sounds good. Hopefully, this will continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 pm 
Factory Worker

That would truly be a vision to behold. I've been to over six different Target stores and none of them were like that.

WOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:33 pm 
shirtless hugger

there are at least 4 out of 6 targets that I hit regularly, and there is not a single 3 pack of any kind to be had at any of them. I hope I find them soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:03 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Hey there,
I think the tides are turning as well... I went to a Target this morning in Southern California (Ventura COunty) and they had the Atom/Galatea Three Packs, all of the singles and 1 Apokolips 6 pack... They also had a lot of DCIU singles and 3 packs as well as DCU Wave 3 (although only Hal Jordan) . ALso in stock Movie master Batman and Scare Crow. That's all for now Good Hunting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:19 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I would not say that yet... I frequent 5-6 Targets going to and from work and none of them have the 3 or the 6-packs... I got lucky with the singles, but the JLUs I got were only up to that point.

Since the first batch of the GRODD 6-packs was released (for which I never got one), I have been struggling as far as JLU's are concerned... This line has given me more heartaches and disappointments than happiness getting my collection updated.

I have renewed the enthusiasm about it when I saw those prototypes being circulated last June and July for which is suppose to have an August release... Now that August is about to end, I still have yet to see all of the new releases with the exception of the singles!

Good thing I am collecting other lines, that I managed to shift my attention to something else but it still pains me that whenever I put my attention to JLU, all I can think about are my disappointments not seeing them everytime I got to Target... :cry:

I really do hope that THE TIDES will turn up soon here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:34 pm 
active in the community

Hey Lance, I hear you! I have had FAR more disappointments than "finds" while collecting JLU. Never did see a Barda or Volcana 3 pack, picked those up on Ebay (ugh!).

Maybe the wave is hitting here in CA ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:00 pm 
MINT!

I've been able to find a Hal Jordan. Nightwing & Robin - but other than those, no new JLU Grodd or Apokolips 6 packs, no new DCIH other than the first 4 and no new 3-pack JLU...but I'm not giving up hope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Apparently they hit the East coast, got in a plane, and by-passed middle America. :cry:

Hopefully our time will come. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I haven't seen them on the east coast at all. Can't imagine what it would be like to find new JLU or DCU on the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:05 pm 
MINT!

I hope so! I want them bad! :D

Post subject: Re: JLU Tides are turning?!?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:29 pm 
MINT!

LBSuperman wrote:
Today I went by Target (Long Beach, CA) to return something. Since I was there, I figured I would check out the toy aisles. Low and behold: there were pegs filled with Captain Atom & Galatea 3 packs. There had to be at least 8 of each! Also, they had all the new singles & one Grodd 6 pack. Perhaps this is a good sign!!!

Is the Galatea the one with the good head sculpt or the bad one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:02 pm 
Fugitive Dust

who can show me the difference between the to Galateas please?
cheers
PO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm 
Tis' but a pup

While hope springs eternal, those tides have yet to reach these shores. Checked two (addmittedly slow to get stuff) Raleigh NC area Targets today, 4 in the last three days. Found a Hawkman, which is good. No multi-packs of any kind.

As a side note, I did see two DCU3 Hal's (and only the Hal's)(I think I saw a single Superman Blue over the last few months as the only repersentation for DCU2), the scadds of the same four DCI singles, one Stargirl, one Superman, and a bunch of Kilowogs. (kinda makes me wonder who talked them into that particular single)

This area is an odd distrobution hole, it can takes things weeks to make it from Greensboro (just a couple hours away) to Raleigh, just about a guaranteed month to six weeks from West Coast to here. No one I've ever asked knows why, even the "Hasbro Lady" who stocks the shelves for the blue square doesn't understand why. But knowing that these are starting to turn up in increasing numbers is very encouraging.

I just want a Grodd, is that so wrong?