Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Star Wars Basic Figures Thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:14 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Hey folks, I just wanted to start a generic thread to talk about Star Wars basic figures. Besides myself, I know a lot on this board collect SW. I thought it'd be nice to have a specific place to comment on recent figures, etc. Can't recall is we've ever had a thread like this (and I'm too lazy to look right now!)

So . . .

I'm not super into expanded universe and have not gotten many of the comic packs. I did pick up the Thrawn / Karrde pack the other day, though. I read Zahn's trilogy back when it came out and was always intrigued about the Thrawn character. Plus, the Ysalamiri wrapped around his neck is cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 am 
5" Scale

I just got all of Legacy wave 4 from WM a few days ago.

Hopefully I put all of FX-6's arms in the right slots!

I wonder why they neglected to put holes in the bottom of Grievous' feet? While I have yet to try it out, I'm not sure if he'll be able to stand without using a stand. Only that's not an option because he hasn't any holes for the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:54 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

brand42 wrote:
I wonder why they neglected to put holes in the bottom of Grievous' feet? While I have yet to try it out, I'm not sure if he'll be able to stand without using a stand. Only that's not an option because he hasn't any holes for the pegs.

Their excuse is always ankle articulation-- versus sculpt accuracy-- for my dollar get rid of the articulation and give me peg holes--

Stupid ankle articulation is what got us cankles leia in the SOTE comic pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:48 am 
4" scale

My Grievous has problems standing up. This is an excellent wave though. I just wish FX6 came pre-assembled. It took me a while to figure out what went were.

I've also seen remnants of the Clone Wars wave 3. So far I have the Destroyer Droid and the Assassin Droid. Looking forward to the animated C3PO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:07 am 
5" Scale

I've only been very selective about SW purchases lately. Not for any kind of dissatisfaction, but really from the fact that most of what I've wanted has been made. I recently picked up the Anakin/Durge 2pack since I never got the single-carded Durge.

I haven't gotten around to picking up the second pilots 3-pack...I really want Janson so I can round out my core Rogue Squadron from the books, but can't bring myself to spend $20+ for one figure.

While I haven't been buying much SW stuff outside of Galactic Heroes, I do have to say I like most of what I've seen lately.

I do hope Hasbro can give me a "vanilla" Barriss Offee in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am 
Mint on Card

With all the different lines I collect its hard to pick up more Star Wars figures. I'm pretty selective of the ones I pick up. The last one I picked up was the Droid Factory Walmart Exclusive Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Pilot uniform. The X-Wing luke was always one of my favorite figures as a kid. Now its pretty cool how many various X-Wing and other pilots they've released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 pm 

Thatman wrote:

Good call.

I've been selective, too. I think you have to be. Especially if you've been collecting this line since '95! Lately I've been up in the air about whether to pick up Bane Malar. Did he actually show up in ROTJ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:20 pm 
5" Scale

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Thatman wrote:

Good call.

I've been selective, too. I think you have to be. Especially if you've been collecting this line since '95! Lately I've been up in the air about whether to pick up Bane Malar. Did he actually show up in ROTJ?

You got me! :lol: With some of these figures I have to take Hasbro's word that they showed up on screen! (To this day I still haven't seen Pote Snitkin although I have been told if you know where to look he can be seen...just haven't tried it yet.)

However, I do buy just about every Jedi that comes out.

I'm kind of torn about EU figures...I'm not looking to buy a lot more, and I feel I'd be prone to want to. I'm probably going to pick up Talon Kaarde, and I am definitely picking up the Borsk Feylya figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Thatman wrote:

Good call.

Yes-- hes viewable in a couple of scenes in the background, and on the decipher card set.

And Pote is the guy driving in the back of the other skiff that Luke leaps on to-- he is visible when he first jumps as well as several other times in the shots of it flying around the Sarlacc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 am 
Daniel Pickett

I've been pretty selective as well lately, trying to mostly focus on Classic triolgy stuff and driods... but they sucked me back in a bit with their new driod factory build a figure thing! grrrrr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:51 pm 
5" Scale

For anyone who missed out on the Walmart exclusive 501st clones, Walmart.com has them in stock

I placed an order for 5 of them Tues night and received them today despite paying for the cheapest shipping option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 am 
5" Scale

I got the Clone Wars Ventress, IG-86, Destroyer Droid, C3PO and Plo Koon yesterday. Plo Koon is just two articulated knees away from being an outstanding figure. Still a great addition to the collection nonetheless.

IG-86 has quite a bit of articulation, surprisingly and is also one of the better CW figures.

I also found/bought both of the Target Clone Wars battlepacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 am 

Well, I just found BD 30-37 wave (Luke & Han Stormtroopers, Jawa w/WED, Cantina Aliens.)

Haven't bought that many basic SW figs at one time in a while. Skipped Ben Kenobi (although I wanted him) and the Spacetrooper and it still came to close to 50 bucks. Ouch.

Anyway, I think this is one of the best waves we've had in a while. I'm so geeked over Wioslea! And 3 new Cantina aliens in one shot. Whoot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:49 pm 
4" scale

I agree with you Cantina-Dan... this wave has me excited about Star Wars again. Yes, I bought all the EU figures but I wasn't really that thrilled with them. And with all those clone repaints, I wasn't sure which ones actually appeared in the films and which are EU.

With this wave, I knew exactly which parts of the film I loved they came from. I'm excited about the ESB and ROTJ waves as well. Finally, some Star Wars OT love!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Just got the ANH wave myself. Only opened the Spacetrooper and Jawa so far but that "pack-in" droid is just about the most amazing thing I';ve seen done in this scale! Hopefully I'll have the time tomorrow to sit down and open the others and complete my Astromechs.

I wish Hasbro would take a page from the blank Mighty Muggs and My Little Ponies and give us a box with a bunch of blank Astromech parts...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next