Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Halo and Halo 2 Figures
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:07 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I really don't hear a lot of talk about these great figures. Do you think that the general figure collecting crowd is just not interested? Or, because it is video game specific, is this line pandering to too narrow an audience? With so many incredible figures coming out this year (Hunters!), I am suprised at the lack of buzz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:30 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Have there been any hot american video game lines?

At most, they seem to run for two assortments then stop. Resident Evil probably has had the longest legs.

Also, the Halo guys are pretty non-descript. I don't play Halo, so just seeing the figure I'd be hard pressed to say what it was from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:11 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

My fiance and I are big HALO fans and so, when the first few series of HALO figs came out, we collected them pretty heavily. The HALO 2 Master Chief, in my opinion, is a bit of a let-down from the HALO MC. Sure he's supposed to be a bit more poseable but he's now too spindly and the fact that so many of them had problems with extremely loose wrists just turned me off.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Drone design which is the only other alien released in HALO 2 besides the Brutes. I'll probably pick up a few more Grunts and the forthcoming ODST's but after getting 20 or so Spartans, you kind of run out of things to collect.

Heck, back in the day I used to write the reviews of these at the RoC but neither Tanya nor I have bought a HALO figure in months now.

I guess some lines just run out of steam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:36 pm 
ABS

I just got an XBOX and rented the game.......I want the MC figure.....I just think he looks cool.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:02 am 
Infinite Hero

I'm really only into the smaller scaled part of the line. The 3" mini-figures with the Warthog, Ghost, etc...

There's some upcoming stuff I'm really looking forward to (3" Brutes!), but the larger scale stuff doens't do much for me.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:40 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I was thinking about this thread when Tanya and I stumbled across HALO 2 figures at a nearby TRU!

I hadn't realized that TRU would be carrying them but we found what I think is HALO 2 series 3 (?) which had Tartarus, the Brute on the Ghost, and the Blue Halo 2 MC. Unfortunately the clear Grunt was gone (We both have a strange obsession with the grunts!) but we picked up Tartarus.

He's literally a solid figure as that package feels as heavy as a case of Joes! We'll be opening him up later tonight and I can always post a few snapshots if anyone is interested.

Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:49 pm 
shirtless hugger

I really wish they'd make some in 4" scale.