Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 am 
BANNED

Always the Dc Hall of justice checklist are fantastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

Christophe wrote:
The TNBA figures are considered by many as integral to the JLU line, especially now that we've got expansions to the line through Joker, Harley, Bane et al. I just decided to include them anyway. As for Lava Doomsday, he's show-accurate only in terms of lighting. That isn't his actual color, so I decided to leave him out.

Thanks for the explanation, but I have to disagree. While the characters inclusion into the JLU is one thing, those particular figures are not JLU figures and are a slightly larger scale and were not on JLU Card Backs and should not be a part of a JLU Checklist.

There was a The Joker figure released as a JLU figure in a Justice League Unlimited 3 Pack with BATMAN and Black Canary and in the Justice League Unlimited The Secret Society (6 Pack)

Yes, it has the same body as The Joker from Mattel’s TNBA style figures, but the JLU version has a different head.

I have over 2,500 action figures and I use Excel to keep an accurate database on them. I even track figures that are part of the same series that I do not collect. So accurate that I am mentioned as contributing in Scott Beatty’s book The DC Comics Action Figure Archive.

The Two Face on your JLU listing was not show accurate, but you listed him but not the “orangeâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:45 pm 
Brand Manager

Christophe wrote:
Update! Posted the Infinite heroes checklist up on the site. Go to www.dchallofjustice.com.

Big thanks for that checklist it's really cool (and usefull) ;^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am 
serves the Otter

FlaBat wrote:
While the characters inclusion into the JLU is one thing, those particular figures are not JLU figures and are a slightly larger scale and were not on JLU Card Backs and should not be a part of a JLU Checklist.
The tallest figures in this line being Two-Face, whose body was used for Question (which would make him out-of-scale) and Clock King are connectives. The bodies for some igures have been welcomed into the JLU line. It is only when the JLU Joker was announced that the Batman figures were considered to be added in.

FlaBat wrote:
There was a The Joker figure released as a JLU figure in a Justice League Unlimited 3 Pack with BATMAN and Black Canary and in the Justice League Unlimited The Secret Society (6 Pack)
as present in the checklists. If the Joker had been simply a repaint and not Red Hood he might've not even made it to the list.

FlaBat wrote:
I have over 2,500 action figures and I use Excel to keep an accurate database on them. I even track figures that are part of the same series that I do not collect. So accurate that I am mentioned as contributing in Scott Beatty’s book The DC Comics Action Figure Archive.
Impressive collection. You'll find that the website the figures are housed in does its best to catalog all the figures (including the ones many neglect) at least in proper release order, though not dated
[quote]
The Two Face on your JLU listing was not show accurate, but you listed him but not the “orangeâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

Christophe,

Well I guess we agree to disagree then and leave it at that. I sort all of my figures in my database by the Figure Series based on the Card Backs they came on and belong in, so I have JL / JLU figures together, but do not include JLA or Total Justice even though they are Justice League figures. In fact I keep JLA and Total Justice figures separate even though they are the same molds and mostly the same figures.

In your DCUC picture you have the variants, and your DCIH has the Batman variants but not the black suit The Joker variant. As you mentioned you don’t include neon Batman figures (I do), but you did include the DCSH “Lavaâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 pm 
Displays Backwards

I, too, think the non-JLU shouldn't be in their, it's a little confusing. But otherwise, great work on these checklists.

But it does make me sad how many of these figs (JLU, DCI, and DCU for people who collect them) we can't find. Some aren't out, some came and went, some are in limbo. :(

JLU is a great great line, it's just a shame. But it is cool to see all the figs we have or should/would/could have someday, all in one place, like a big super-powered happy family. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm 
serves the Otter

[quote="FlaBat"]Christophe,

Well I guess we agree to disagree then and leave it at that. I sort all of my figures in my database by the Figure Series based on the Card Backs they came on and belong in, so I have JL / JLU figures together, but do not include JLA or Total Justice even though they are Justice League figures. In fact I keep JLA and Total Justice figures separate even though they are the same molds and mostly the same figures.

In your DCUC picture you have the variants, and your DCIH has the Batman variants but not the black suit The Joker variant. As you mentioned you don’t include neon Batman figures (I do), but you did include the DCSH “Lavaâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 am 
MINT!

There was a Batman in the lower right hand side with smaller ears and different paint job..what is that one called and any idea on the release date?

Great checklist and site BTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:17 am 
Infinite Hero

Steel wrote:
There was a Batman in the lower right hand side with smaller ears and different paint job..what is that one called and any idea on the release date?

That's from the Batman: Gotham Knight (anime DVD) 3 pack with Deadpool and Scarecrow. The figures were shown on Matty's Facebook page.

J

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:32 am 
MINT!

Ahh.thanks..it looks awesome. Is this actually being released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:21 am 
Infinite Hero

Steel wrote:
Ahh.thanks..it looks awesome. Is this actually being released?

Yup!

J

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:08 am 
serves the Otter

New checklists up. DCIH, DCUC and JLU

I addressed the 'adding Batman figures' issue on the JLU checklist by adding on a description of the checklist. Also addressed the character list choices.

I also updated the DCIH figures with The Question (orange shirt), Scarecrow (which I forgot the first time, my bad) and The Joker (black suit).

Added Barda (variant) onto the DCUC checklist too. We're all caught up except for Eiling and Blackhawk for JLU.

Also they're all each permanently-linked so whenever you download, for example, the JLU list, then it'll always be http://www.dchallofjustice.com/metrotower/CK-JLU.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Hey, I know this is nitpicky and not at all important BUT...

when you go back into the JLU checklist and update with Eiling and Blackhawk, do you think maybe you could also update SKEETS (booster's robot) the new Paint corrected release has a paint corrected SKEETS too!

Like I said, not a big deal. Thank you so much for these lists. I would love to print them all out and post them on my wall but my printer can't print anything large enough in good quality :?
Plus, I don't have your permission ... do I?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:38 am 
serves the Otter

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Hey, I know this is nitpicky and not at all important BUT...

when you go back into the JLU checklist and update with Eiling and Blackhawk, do you think maybe you could also update SKEETS (booster's robot) the new Paint corrected release has a paint corrected SKEETS too!

Like I said, not a big deal. Thank you so much for these lists. I would love to print them all out and post them on my wall but my printer can't print anything large enough in good quality :?
Plus, I don't have your permission ... do I?
Yellow Skeets WILL be up on there once there's a better pic out. As for printing 'em out, sure go on ahead.

EDIT:SKEETS is there now. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I can totally understand why you would include BTAS and STAS with JLU. They are basicallly in the same style with maybe being a half-inch taller.

All of the checklists look good as usual Chris!