Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: The Minimates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm 
Bob Vila

I may be the only one to ever post in it, but I figured we should just have one big thread to talk about Minimates, those of us that collect them.

Should be lots of news coming out of NYCC this weekend, but Art Asylum broke something big earlier today: Ghostbusters! This is one of the movie properties that makes the most sense for 'mates, and I'm very glad they are doing them.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/02/i ... te-has-no/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 pm 
We're going streaking!

I am definitely interested in Ghostbuster minimates. Accessories for them could be cool. Real Ghostbusters would be cool in this style too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:04 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Those will be cool to see. I'm done with minimates though, since no DC minimates will be made :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm 
5" Scale

Yeah, like you I was bummed when the DCD Mates went south, they had some nice range. I originally got into the MM when Play Along had the C3 stuff and then things got out of control. I'm a little behind on my boxed sets, I think the last set I bought was maybe the Invaders one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:28 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I got the big seven from DC to create the Justice League and I got a good roster from the Marvel minimates to create the Avengers. Eventually, I want to create a JL Vs. Avengers Minimates display. Unfortunately, my current living space doesn't give me the enough space to display it the way I want to. If you don't already have kids.....don't...... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 am 
Damage Control

I wish the 3 inch mates would have caught on better. The 3 inch are so amazing.

Im hoping DST gets the SPACE:1999 license and make Eagle pilots, I have a 3 foot Mattel Eagle that could really use some pilots.

I love the BSG minimates, teh pilots are great, I even bought the classic BSG to use with the old Revell model. Its a tight fit but it looks great to have a figure that can come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 am 
Bob Vila

The other license announced at NYCC... the Godfather. Huh?! Well, it's probably not a bad idea. It's certainly a movie with a strong fan base. Whether that fan base has any interest in collectibles is debatable.

I was at NYCC yesterday, but totally missed the panel. I just assumed that it was going to be today (Saturday) and didn't even check the program. Darn.

They did have the new T2, Spirit, and Marvel Minimates on display. The next Marvel wave (with the Red Skull, ect) look terrific. Even better are the Spirit mates, I cannot wait for those!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:56 pm 
Bob Vila

And a couple other things. Action Figure Express had this nugget:
http://shopafx.typepad.com/my_weblog/20 ... imate.html

And a follow up promise for more Minimate reveals over the next three weeks. Looks like they are doing either a pre- New X-Men X-Men set, a Champions set, or perhaps even a New Defenders set (my money's on the Chapmpions, with Angel, Black Widow, Hercules, and Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider).

And Toyfare had a photo today of a new Toys R Us exclusive set: the unlikely paring (I don't think they've ever even met) of Union Jack and Wonder Man. UJ has a removable mask, and Wonder Man is in his... wait for it... safari look! No release date, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:47 pm 
We're going streaking!

I never did see the last two TRU Minimate exclusives. In fact, once the minimates TRU did get in sold out (inlcuding non-exclusives), the pegs disappeared too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm 
Bob Vila

Yes, I noticed that too. One of the two that I check out regularly still has one pack left, the other has nothing. I think it's a good sign, all things considered, that they sold so well. Hopefully TRU will up their orders going forward. Hell, maybe we'll start getting as many Minimates as Superhero Squad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

hellpop wrote:
And Toyfare had a photo today of a new Toys R Us exclusive set: the unlikely paring (I don't think they've ever even met) of Union Jack and Wonder Man. UJ has a removable mask, and Wonder Man is in his... wait for it... safari look! No release date, though.

Sweet on the new Wonder Man. I like the Safari jacket version better, and the hair they put on the first one was terrible. Never understood that. Thankfully with minimates there are usually lots of options for hair swaps. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm 
Bob Vila

xrmc20 wrote:
hellpop wrote:

Sweet on the new Wonder Man. I like the Safari jacket version better, and the hair they put on the first one was terrible. Never understood that. Thankfully with minimates there are usually lots of options for hair swaps. :)

I used Gaius Baltar's on mine. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I don't know who that is. :) Got a pic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 am 
Bob Vila

I will eventually. I'm going to start a Minimates customs and improvements thread... one of these days. Anyway, he's from Battlestar Gallactica. Here's the figure:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:30 am 
Bob Vila

Here's some new images coming in from Toy Fair. I'm still going through the pages, but they have photos of the previously unseen Marvel Minimates wave 27 (with Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool, ect), what I assume to be Wave 28-- the Ultimates; and a Wolverine Through the Ages box set.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=123454

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next