Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Can we try to be a little more positive?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Over the last few months, I've noticed more negativeity on this board than usual. I'm sure I'd be lying if I said I was 100% innocent so I won't even try to go that route. What I'm hoping for is that we can all try to be a little more positive and turn this board back into the kind of place it was when I first joined several years ago.

Yes, we should be able to express our concerns to Mattel but let's try going the constructive criticism route and limit how many times we complain about the same issue in a short amount of time. I'm sure Mattel is well aware over DCUC availability, the desire for a JLU Hal Jordan, and price increase for the IH line. Let's try and focus on the positive more often from here on out. Mattel visits this forum regularly and I'm sure a more rounded-out ratio of positive and negative feedback would help to support our concerns.

It just seems like lately, most everything is "this sucks", "that came out terrible", or "when are they going to fix".

Add this to the recent flame-wars we've seen here and it makes this place a little undesirable at times.

All I'm saying is let's put more positive energy into making this place the great forum it was in the past. Julius, Toy Otter, Superfriend, and the others all work hard to keep us up to date on the latest happenings with Mattel so let's do our part to keep things moving in the right direction.

Just my two cents of course.

PG

Last edited by Power Guy on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Can we try to be a little more positive?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:39 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Power Guy wrote:
Over the last few months, I've noticed more negativeity on this board than usual. I'm sure I'd be lying if I said I was 100% innocent so I won't even try to go that route. What I'm hoping for is that we can all try to be a little more positive and turn this board back into the kind of place it was when I first joined several years ago.

Yes, we should be able to express our concerns to Mattel but let's try going the constructive criticism route and limit how many times we complain about the same issue in a short amount of time. I'm sure Mattel is well aware over DCUC availability, the desire for a JLU Hal Jordan, and price increase for the IH line. Let's try and focus on the positive more often from here on out. Mattel visits this forum regularly and I'm sure a more rounded-out ration of positive and negative feedback would help to support our concerns.

It just seems like lately, most everything is "this sucks", "that came out terrible", or "when are they going to fix".

Add this to the recent flame-wars we've seen here and it makes this place a little undesirable at times.

All I'm saying is let's put more positive energy into making this place the great forum it was in the past. Julius, Toy Otter, Superfriend, and the others all work hard to keep us up to date on the latest happenings with Mattel so let's do our part to keep things moving in the right direction.

Just my two cents of course.

PG

Agreed! For a long time I tried to find a message board that didn't just devolve into complaints. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of this, but it's always nice to have a place to go to celebrate what's supposed to be your favorite thing, rather than pick it apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:41 pm 
We're going streaking!

Shut up. :D

Seriously, what I have noticed is people jumping on other people more and more. I hate that. It's like no one else opinions count, or someone's superiority complex has gotten a little too out of control.

Sometimes, people do deserve it, :lol: , but not as often as it has been happening lately. Much of it due to the difference of opinions on Mattel, DCIH and Marvel Universe.

Last edited by TRDouble on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 pm 
MINT!

I'm growing tired of seeing the Mattel Hate/ Marvel Universe v. DCIH fights everywhere these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something...to create a life...to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death...

Wait...more positive...more constructive...starting...now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:52 pm 
MINT!

JediJones wrote:
Men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something...to create a life...to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death...

Wait...more positive...more constructive...starting...now!

Hey JJ..feel the love and help find me a Black Lightning :)

(this is Brian from RTM)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm 
5" Scale

Well, it's almost a universal rule that complaints will seem louder than praise, which I think is part of the issue. I think people are less likely to post when they're happy or something, or when their expectations have been met, then when they're ticked off about something.

Toy collecting is a perfect example of "you can't please all of the people all of the time", but it does seem that there are folks who take displeasure kind of personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Over the last 3 or 4 months, it does seem like there has been a lot more angst and rage-against-the-machine type posts concerning Mattel and Hasbro (for Hasbro it's more on Fwoosh than AFI). I haven't seen much angry posting between forum members though. If we all agreed about everything it wouldn't be much of a place to discuss anything. AFI seems to be a pretty good place to have civil disagreements, and I don't think that has changed. I agree though that the constant harping about Mattel's QC and distribution gets old (not that I don't share in the constructive criticism). It's helpful to have threads that are dedicated to those topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 pm 
Bob Vila

I dunno, I don't think it's too much of a problem here, compared to most places. I was just browsing through the "Marvel Legends isn't dead!" thread at Fwoosh a little while ago, and that's pretty viscious. AFI is still generally a place where you can ask a question or raise a topic and not get slammed mercilessly. Dan and the mods do a really good job keeping the tone of this place nice and light. AFI's the only board I regularly post on, and there's a reason for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm 
Prototype

I definitely agree with Power Guy. It sure wouldn't hurt any of us to be a little more optomistic around here. Also, we can address our concerns with Mattel without ranting and raving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:12 pm 
Dog Squeezer

TRDouble wrote:
Shut up. :D

HAHAHAHA - I was JUST about to do that too!! :wink:

I agree, that people are REALLY quick, on occasion, to get angry.. but I think that's because many of us do not post in the same fashion... what I mean is that some of us write as we speak, while others do not. Those of us who write the way we speak, try to illustrate our tone of voice with 'faces' :lol: and punctuation marks (!, ?, !!, ....)

Some of us don't. (I would be the former)

So, sometimes, tone of voice is ignored, or not even noticed...

but then, sometimes, people are just plain mean... or they are jonesing for a bit of confrontation, stemming from some other part of their lives, and they won't read an entire post, and instead, will focus on the first thing they disagree with...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm 
Resin

I'll stop complaining when Mattel stops sucking

:wink:

I've just been scorned over the past couple years by figures and am quick to anger sometimes, although I've made a conscious effort to be more positive lately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm 
Prototype

BeeDub wrote:
I'll stop complaining when Mattel stops sucking

:wink:

Hear that, Mattel? You need to stop sucking. :D

Seriously though, I think Mattel has had a lot more positivies than negatives with the DC lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:53 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

In the spirit of being positive... I think that the negativity is helpful in a certain way.
'The sqeaky wheel gets the grease' so the complaints do have their place.
...up to a point.
Either way, this is a great site with a membership full of super-nice guys.
You guys are all great!
Also, I'm more than happy with everything Mattel displayed over the weekend(s) and personally, I have little to gripe about.
(I just finished placing my order at Mattycollector, so I'm in a happy place. :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 pm 
Displays Backwards

I don't know how many times we need to complain about distribution for Mattel to get it right. It's been years and they continue to botch it, time and again, line after line. How inept are they at taking our money? I think many many of us are frustrated at their inability to get these figures in stores, but we don't know what to do about it. I'm not even interested in new Mattel stuff anymore because I don't know if I'll find half of them.

I did order the 4 new JLU guys today, so maybe they will see we have money we would like to spend on their product if they would let us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next