Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:37 pm 
3 3/4"

I don't mind the complaints. It lets Mattel know that we expect big things from them.

I'm kinda disappointed with a few of the new JLU figures (Aquaman mostly) but I think Mattel has done a tremendous job with all of the new characters and new repaints. I'm more than happy with they've been doing.

Last edited by MisterMiracle on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:38 pm 
PVC

You suck as bad as my DCUC Batman with a broken foot.

Seriously, stop complaining on a message board? The nerve!

I definitely have a sense of frustration, but what's the point in languishing about it like some 4 year old throwing a tantrum? Sure, I'm a little nervous about distribution and wondering if I should have gone with buying things online rather than sweating it out to see if my local stores ever get them. But worse case, I'll buy em from one of you :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:09 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

No gold on Black Adam!

oh, wrong topic.

Seriously though this place is fine, everyone is usually civil to one another most of the time and that's all you can ask of a bunch of nerds who love(and hate) action figures.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 pm 
PVC

I'm right there with you PG. I think there's a difference in telling Mattel what they need to work on and telling them "they suck".

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

There's constructive criticism and then there's what we do. We all need to work on this. Myself included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:32 pm 
Prototype

batsonthebrain wrote:

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Very, very true. That's always been my moto. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I think this board is way more positive than other boards I have been on in the past. I hope we don't loose the right to gripe I mean it is our dollar thats paying for the figure so with the exception on some people over reacting I think this place is pretty mellow. When we start saying you can't say this or that, (within reason of course) it's a slippery slope towards censorship. Let me know when that happens and I'll goosestep my way out of here too, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

For the most part, I think I am upbeat about what Mattel is offering and how it gets done.

When something goes against the grain, from my POV (Anti-Monitor points anyone?) I will admit that I get VERY vocal about it. It's not often, and it's not about that many things. Thankfully on both ends I would think.

Mattel puts out a product, several products actually, that feel like the culmination of a lifetime of waiting having finally paid off. I truly Love the JLU line. I LOVE the DCIH line. I am in awe of what they are putting out in the DCUC line. Every new hint, solicit, sneak peek, showroom, insight, whatever they share gets me more excited than the last.

I do hope that my rants about "the damn Anti-Monitor point redemption fiasco" were taken with a grain of salt. Yes, there is a serious criticism there. I feel that my points are, for the most part, valid and largely unanswered. I let the thread die because I didn't want to keep beating anyone up over it. I said my peace, I'm moving on.

To end on a positive note...
Thank you Mattel for putting out some top notch figures. The waves aren't always put together in a way that I would have predicted or asked for, but once I see what you are putting out, I can't stop dancing around my living room like a giddy little girl.

Keep up the hard work. Fix the lingering distribution issues the best that you are able. Keep on top of QC. Fix the Anti-Monitor point mess.

Good night and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:57 am 
PVC

shazam37 wrote:
I think this board is way more positive than other boards I have been on in the past. I hope we don't loose the right to gripe I mean it is our dollar thats paying for the figure so with the exception on some people over reacting I think this place is pretty mellow. When we start saying you can't say this or that, (within reason of course) it's a slippery slope towards censorship. Let me know when that happens and I'll goosestep my way out of here too, lol.

Well buddy, the thing is we're not asking you to censor yourself. We CANNOT ask you to do that. The mods can, but we're just REQUESTING a little bit more of a positive energy around here. It gets pretty depressing around here which is a bummer because I do enjoy coming here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 am 
MINT!

I feel that this board generally has a positive tone. I don't mind the complaints and this board provides a place to voice them.

As someone said above, "the squeeky wheel gets the greese.", and it's our complaints that have influenced Mattel to address some of our issues. I honestly feel Mattel is listening to the fans and making the attempt to correct their mistakes because of boards like this one.

We only have to be careful that the complaining doesn't become insulting to either the toy companies or each other. When we direct the anger at other members is when things go bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 am 
Damage Control

Agreed Ram, agreed.

The complaints are honest and should at least be stated. If something is wrong, then something is wrong. I personally dont mind seeing someone suggest a potential answer or answers to a problem. Complaints and critiques are one thing, solutions are harder to come by. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 am 
Tis' but a pup

Hey batsonthebrain, some people would consider the use of the name buddy when you are addressing someone you dont even know as a form antagonization or the excessive use of caps as well. I hope you understand my point and don't let it put you on the defensive, sounds like you are? So am I your buddy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD HERE--

Don't want this getting out of hand. As long as the discussion is informative and constructive and not just mindless hate/rage/tirade there's not a problem with it. If discussion devoles into hate and mudslinging or just profanity-laced garbage then we'll step in. Censorship has nothing to do with it. There is *NOTHING* that can be said with an explative that can't be said without. This is a message board about little pieces of plastic that are children's toys, no one has any reason to go off on a rage and profanity laced posting spree (be it toward a manufacturer, another member or someone working for the site) no matter how angry they may be. Such anger can be expressed with out profanity or personal attacks. Any such posts are subject to being edited and/or deleted. Is that censorship? Nope. Everyone here agreed to follow the rules when they requested an account...

Action Figure Insider - Registration Agreement Terms wrote:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

...and I'll point out ToyOtter's blog on the subject of censorship on this board again...

Do It Yourself, Man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:28 am 
The Last Word

hellpop wrote:
I dunno, I don't think it's too much of a problem here, compared to most places. I was just browsing through the "Marvel Legends isn't dead!" thread at Fwoosh a little while ago, and that's pretty viscious. AFI is still generally a place where you can ask a question or raise a topic and not get slammed mercilessly.
vancleef9000 wrote:
Seriously though this place is fine, everyone is usually civil to one another most of the time and that's all you can ask of a bunch of nerds who love(and hate) action figures.

Yes, yes, and yes. Sorry, but I don't want to sit around in a circle, hold hands, and sing "Kumbaya" with a bunch of fellow geeks. I hope everyone will understand. :lol: Seriously, people can be unreasonable with the complaints sometimes, but I could link anyone who thinks this place gets out of hand to some toy collecting forums that make the worst AFI's ever had seem like a sunny afternoon in Smurf Village. There are guys here who read or participate on those sites, and I'm positive they'll know exactly where on the internerd I mean. We've basically got a giant group hug going on here.

We're all (or mostly, anyway) adults here, and we should be capable of having an honest exchange of ideas without being overly sensitive to contrasting opinions. So what if someone says a toy "sucks"? Big deal. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. That's how the person who made the comment sees it, though, and I'm pretty sure the guys at Mattel, Hasbro, DC Direct, and every other company can handle that. We should be able to do the same.

Jim_Abell wrote:
As long as the discussion is informative and constructive and not just mindless hate/rage/tirade there's not a problem with it. If discussion devoles into hate and mudslinging or just profanity-laced garbage then we'll step in.

To echo what hellpop said, the crew here does a great job of keeping things under control when someone goes off the deep end, which has been a very rare occurrence since I signed up three years ago. It's very much the norm in some places, which is the reason I don't contribute on those sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:03 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

It's easy for me to be positive.

I only pick and choose from the DCSH/DCUC line, and I've been able to find every one that I want (grand total of 13) and none of them have broken. In fact, they're all pretty fantastic.

The only thing I had to do was repaint parts of Barda and Capt. Cold.

This is a fantastic line.
I know people have had problems, but really, these toys I have are some of my all-time fave toys. And I'm not really a DC guy - I just love these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am 
MINT!

Caped Crusader wrote:
We're all (or mostly, anyway) adults here, and we should be capable of having an honest exchange of ideas without being overly sensitive to contrasting opinions. So what if someone says a toy "sucks"? Big deal.

I completely agree. Learning to not be so thin skinned is harder for some than others when they read people's posts. Also picking apart someone's post to infer some kind of slight isn't helpful either. I'm not pointing out anyone, of course, but we've all seen it on various forums. Guessing someone's tone through their posts is always difficult, as mentioned above.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next