Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 am 
Dog Squeezer

LISTEN

WHY don't YOU ALLLL just BEEE QUIET and SHUT UP!!

Y'all ARE a bunCH of NERDS!!

:lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 am 
Dog Squeezer

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any complaining. I guess I'm just asking for people to think about how they do it and how often they do it. Sometimes it just seems like the broken record doesn't stop playing...

I think we'd get a better response if we were all more constructive with our criticism and spaced it out a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Quote:
I think we'd get a better response if we were all more constructive with our criticism and spaced it out a bit more.

I agree with this point. Looking back at some of my complaints I do seem to come off a bit immature. Then again, it can be seen as a sign of the passion that many of us have for these characters and their corresponding toys.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm 
PVC

shazam37 wrote:
Hey batsonthebrain, some people would consider the use of the name buddy when you are addressing someone you dont even know as a form antagonization or the excessive use of caps as well. I hope you understand my point and don't let it put you on the defensive, sounds like you are? So am I your buddy?

What the hell? I was actually trying to be nice and I called you buddy so that you could be in a comfort zone and not feel that I'm being defensive. I didn't feel like I was being defensive. Sorry if I hurt your precious feelings.

I've seen your around these boards for a while and I never thought of you as an enemy or someone I wanna start something with.

You guys see this. This is how this negativity starts. I was HONESTLY being sincere and this smart @$$ is trying to call me out for some BS?

Really? Whatever, you don't "have to be my buddy".

I'm out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Wow ^^^ I won't quote that because of the unnecessary use of profanity but that's pretty ironic in the positive attitude thread there bats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:45 pm 
Crime Against Nature

shazam37 wrote:
So am I your buddy?

I'm not your Buddy, Friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm 
PVC

j1h15233 wrote:
Wow ^^^ I won't quote that because of the unnecessary use of profanity but that's pretty ironic in the positive attitude thread there bats.

All I said was @$$ and BS. What profanity?

Second, I'm not the one bringing it in the thread. I'm callin out someone who was tryin to call me out over nothin.

I was honestly, HONESTLY tryin to be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

batsonthebrain wrote:
What profanity?

Profanity isn't defined by your definition. There's just no need for it anywhere, much less on a board about toys. :D

batsonthebrain wrote:
Second, I'm not the one bringing it in the thread. I'm callin out someone who was tryin to call me out over nothin.

You could have just let it go. I don't think his original post was intended to be rude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- Just let it go guys. Keep it positive, that's what the thread is about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 pm 
PVC

j1h15233 wrote:
batsonthebrain wrote:
What profanity?

Profanity isn't defined by your definition. There's just no need for it anywhere, much less on a board about toys. :D

batsonthebrain wrote:

You could have just let it go. I don't think his original post was intended to be rude.

How would you know?

Why do you care?

You clearly don't like us HoJ guys. I can see you just wanna start something. Why don't you just "let this go"?

Don't even respond to me. You wanna talk it out, PM me.

Sorry Jim, I know you wanted us to drop this, but why was I the one who's getting punked when I was on the good side this time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

batsonthebrain wrote:
Sorry Jim, I know you wanted us to drop this, but why was I the one who's getting punked when I was on the good side this time?

My request to drop it wasn't directed at you in particular, it was directed at everyone who wasn't contributing to the "positive" as the thread requested, that's all. If you guys want to fight that's your choice it just doesn't need to be done in "public" or this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:53 pm 
Aspires to be #1

It won't be done at all because it's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
It won't be done at all because it's ridiculous.

It's done here.

Back on topic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:44 pm 
PVC

I just want to say my reaction was pretty ironic in this thread.

I should have lead by example. 2 people who have something against the HoJ attacked me and instead of turning the other cheek and being the bigger man, I went down to their level.

So, everyone, I apologize for not leading by example.

But yeah, no one here is forcing anyone to censor themselves. All that we members here (we're not the staff) are requesting is that petty attacks like the 2 examples need to be stopped.

That and also when you're upset because you got that "one figure" that's all messed up, yeah, it's irritating. But you need to calm down. Trust me, I've been there too. It's very frustrating, but saying things like "**** you Mattel!!" it's just too much and not appreciated by your fellow members.

Again, we're not here making a set of rules, we are just requesting a little more peace around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

batsonthebrain wrote:
2 people who have something against the HoJ attacked me and instead of turning the other cheek and being the bigger man, I went down to their level.

Alright, ENOUGH. There's no reason to keep talking shots in the form of an "apology". This has nothing to do with HOJ at all, and I don't get why you feel the need to keep this conflict going. You are the one that began this verbal conflict, and you had plenty of chances to let it go. Move on.

Ordinarily, I'd handle this in a pm, but I'm sick of this garbage. I expect everyone here to be civil and treat others with a basic amount of respect, and stop the petty conflicts. We are all here for the same reasons, and we should enjoy the fact there are others who share our passion for collecting. If you can't manage to do this, then stay away from this community. And enough with the 'AFI vs HOJ' war. I'm tired of seeing it. Grow up.

I'm done. And I hope the rest of you are.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3