Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: What JLU figures will be revealed at SDCC 09?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Okay, I apologize if there's already another thread on this. If there is already one out there, let me know and I'll ask the mods to merge the topics. But I didn't see one, and we're close enough now I think that we can start one.

So who do you think will be revealed? Keep it realistic now. We know we should have at least one more 6 pack for Wave 5 in September unless the release schedule has been altered. Then we have all of wave 6 to go. Here are my educated guesses.

Wave 5 six pack
Hourman
Mr Terrific
Dr Midnight
Johnny Thunder
Thunderbolt
STRIPE

Wave 6
Martian Manhunter repaint
Hawkman repaint
Hawkgirl
Power Ring
Obsidian

Crimson Avenger
Batman
Circe

Mongul
Superman
Jor-El

Vandal Savage
Savage Time Batman
Savage Time Superman
Sgt. Rock
Savage Time Trooper
Savage Time Trooper

Kalibak
DeSaad
Steppenwolf
Parademon
Superman
Flash

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:57 am 
serves the Otter

Wave Six Singles

Hawkman w/ shield
Martian Manhunter (52)
Hawkgirl (re-release)
Owlman
Capt. Atom (comic version)

Wave Six 3-packs
Hourman, Obsidian and ???
Elongated Man, ??? and ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:06 am 
Aspires to be #1

I like your original picks but I would put Gypsy in place of Johnny Thunder or Thunderbolt....Mad Harriet in place of Flash...and probably replace the entire Vandal Savage pack with this

Flash
Weather Wizard
Captain Boomerang
Heatwave
Trickster
Captain Cold

I think we'll see Vandal Savage in a 3-pack with Savage Time Batman and bearded Superman down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am 

I want Gypsy, but I'm thinking she might take up too much of the sculpting budget to make her properly. The Flash pack is a great alternative as well.

And D'oh! Forgot that Owlman had already been announced hahaha. He'll certainly be in there before Power Ring hahaha...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:06 am 
Mint on Card

Hey guys one thing that none of you have mentioned is that Mattel has yet to show us Firestorm.

He was on the slide presentation last year wasn't he at least his symbol. And we have Blackhawk, Plastic Man, Captain Marvel and Captain Atom now in figure form.

I mean it was awesome that they surprised us with Amanda Waller, General Eiling, Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Vulcan, OMAC, and Cyborg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 am 
Mint on Card

Hey guys when was Owlman announced? Is that for sure? And wave of singles are the Superman Red and Blue, Cyborg, Deadshot, Plastic Man and OMAC a part of? Wave 5?

You know what I just thought about. They could release Galatea with Mary Marvel's cape and call her Power Girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

If I remember correctly, Matty and Toy Guru had said that last years reveals were fairly advanced and since not everything has been released yet the SDCC showing this year may be light in comparison.

Hopefully I am wrong and they have all of the Target 6pack reveals as well as a bunch of new stuff that we have no clue about.

At the very least I expect to see "official" announcements about the figures that were Leaked on eBay.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:26 am 
Aspires to be #1

texgnome1 wrote:
I want Gypsy, but I'm thinking she might take up too much of the sculpting budget to make her properly. The Flash pack is a great alternative as well.

And D'oh! Forgot that Owlman had already been announced hahaha. He'll certainly be in there before Power Ring hahaha...

You may be right, but I'd like to see a female in that pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 am 

As far as Owlman, he was confirmed by ToyGuru or Matty at the NYCC presentation. Believe during the same Q&A where they confirmed Hourman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:34 am 
Aspires to be #1

Nitewing73 wrote:
Hey guys when was Owlman announced? Is that for sure? And wave of singles are the Superman Red and Blue, Cyborg, Deadshot, Plastic Man and OMAC a part of? Wave 5?

You know what I just thought about. They could release Galatea with Mary Marvel's cape and call her Power Girl.

Here's the wave 5 info from the Target checklist in the Checklist forum

Singles
Aquaman
Deadshot
Batman
Omac
Superman Red / Superman Blue (50/50 split)

Three Packs
Plastic Man/Cyborg/Mr. Miracle (brighter colors)
Samurai/Black Vulcan/Apache Chief

6-packs are unannounced at this time. There are pictures of all these in the checklist forum also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:45 am 
Factory Worker

Well, if they can't reveal as much as last year's impressive showing, I hope they re-release some of the 6 packs. :-)

But my SDCC expectations otherwise:

Mr. Terrific is a lock after seeing Hal in the jacket.
Dr.Midnite
Hourman
STRIPE
Crimson Avenger
Gypsy
Adult Supergirl
Johnny Thunder
Thunderbolt

I still hope we see more Villains from the show:

Felix Faust
Vandal Savage
Killer Frost
Captain Cold
Captain Boomerang
Heatwave
Weather Wizard
Dr. Destiny
Manhunter
Kanjar Ro
Trickster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:48 am 
Mint on Card

Thanks man. For that wave of singles I'll definitely get a Deadshot, OMAC and Batman in the all black movie look. I'll pass on the Superman Red and Blue. Of course if they were the electric blue and red looks i'd pick them up. The Aquaman is a game time decision but I'll most definitely buy it when i see it.

Thanks Tex. I can't wait for Owlman. Well I can't wait to get Ultra Man first. That's so cool. I was never expecting them to start making the Crime Syndicate.

You know Tex for that first 6-pack you mentioned I'm not sure all six would be new figures.

Wave 5 six pack
Hourman
Mr Terrific
Dr Midnight
Johnny Thunder
Thunderbolt
STRIPE

I think they'd probably throw in Sand in there as a rerelease since the last two 6-packs had 5 new figures/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:00 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I will try to guess at the assortment...

Singles (as seen on ebay)
Martian Manhunter
Capt Atom
Elongated Man
Hawkman
Hawkgirl

Superman w/Krypto
Batman w/Ace

Six Pack:
Hourman
Johnny Thunder
Thunderbolt
STRIPE
Mr. Terrific
Dr. Midnite

Superman
Adult Supergirl
Warlord

Capt. Cold
Capt Boomerang
Trixter

Firestorm
Nightwing
Starfire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am 
5" Scale

I assume they will reveal everything still unknown for the rest of '09 at SDCC (and maybe a teaser for '10).

So my thinking is that represents three six-packs (since we know there are four coming and one of them is the long-delayed Tala set), at least two three packs, and one wave of singles.

I think the singles are probably pretty easy to guess from what we've seen - Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, and Owlman.

My personal feeling is that one of the six-packs will be JSA-themed, and that's where we'll see Hourman, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Midnite, and maybe Johnny Thunder and/or S.T.R.I.P.E. At any rate, I definitely think we'll see most/all of those five characters.

Beyond that, it's really just a matter of subjectivity. Personally, for the other two six packs, I'd go with:

Superman Revenge Squad: Superman, Metallo, Kalibak, Livewire, Toyman and Weather Wizard
&
Legends of the League II, hopefully incuding Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Gypsy & two others.

For the three packs, I'd go with one that includes Flash Rogues (maybe Captain Cold and Trickster), and one that includes either Vandal Savage or Killer Frost.

Oh, and there's still that comic-accurate Elongated Man to be placed, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 am 
Aspires to be #1

Thatman wrote:
I assume they will reveal everything still unknown for the rest of '09 at SDCC (and maybe a teaser for '10).

So my thinking is that represents three six-packs (since we know there are four coming and one of them is the long-delayed Tala set), at least two three packs, and one wave of singles.

I think the singles are probably pretty easy to guess from what we've seen - Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, and Owlman.

My personal feeling is that one of the six-packs will be JSA-themed, and that's where we'll see Hourman, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Midnite, and maybe Johnny Thunder and/or S.T.R.I.P.E. At any rate, I definitely think we'll see most/all of those five characters.

Beyond that, it's really just a matter of subjectivity. Personally, for the other two six packs, I'd go with:

Superman Revenge Squad: Superman, Metallo, Kalibak, Livewire, Toyman and Weather Wizard
&
Legends of the League II, hopefully incuding Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Gypsy & two others.

For the three packs, I'd go with one that includes Flash Rogues (maybe Captain Cold and Trickster), and one that includes either Vandal Savage or Killer Frost.

Oh, and there's still that comic-accurate Elongated Man to be placed, too.

If they went with these lineups you projected I would be beyond happy. I don't think we'll get Kalibak AND Toyman at the same time but it would be great.

I'd also like to see that Nightwing/Starfire 3-pack Jayson.

I really think when we see Vandal Savage it will be with Savage Time versions of Batman and Superman.

And am I the only one who would be EXTREMELY disappointed with a wave that features 4 repaints and only one new character as a single? I would still buy Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom but 4 repaints in one wave would be pushing their luck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next