Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OT: I attended the STAR WARS EPIII Premiere in NYC!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 am 
ABS

Don't worry... this is spoiler free. I just wanted to share some comments about the experience...

Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Red Carpet Premiere of Revenge of the Sith last night. I'd done some work with the Children's Health Fund, and they were returning the favor by sponsoring the event.

Anyway, I won't go into specifics about the movie, but I left the theatre firmly convinced it is the best of all six films. (A bold statement, I know...) Sure, it's got some flaws and Natalie Portman seemed to flub most of her lines, but it's a thoroughly enjoyable film.

And I'll admit it... Lucas was right: I did get teary-eyed in a few spots.

Some of the other folks I was with thought it was "up there" with Empire, but not necessarily better. It's sort of comparing apples and oranges, in a way. Regardless, it's a solid, fantastic film!

And it wouldn't be a premiere without some celebrities!

Well, okay, maybe there were more B-grade celebs there, but here are some pics from the after-hours party, hosted at the swanky 21 Club in NYC.

That's Frank Oz in the upper left, Constantine from American Idol in the upper right (nice guy, but not sure why he was the most photographed person there..), a buddy of mine in the lower left, and the Glastineau Girls in the bottom right.

Sam Jackson, Liam Neison, Peter Mayhew were all there as well, but unfortunately I couldn't snap any decent pics of them.

Anyway, the "Vadertinis" drinks were flowing a'plenty, and everyone seemed to be having a fun time.

One of the more bizarre moments was running into a Sandtrooper in the Men's Room. Um.... yeah. Bizarre.

And finally.....

And it's sort of a running joke around here about my muntant-boy freakish height, but I thought this pic best explains it.

I'm the guy on the left, by the way. =)

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy the pics!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow
WWW.IRONCOWPROD.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:44 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Very cool Matt, looks like fun! I'm really looking forward to this; I can't believe it's here already. Now put that pass on eBay already!! :lol:

And Constantine looks like he just got outta bed. What a bum.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:53 am 
Crime Against Nature

I passed on a screening here, and I probably won't see it until July when I go visit friends & family back home.

I waited this long, I can wait a little longer. ;)

Of course, if I really wanted to test my will I probably should wait until the dvd release.

Hmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:01 am 
ABS

I dunno, boss... I mean, I could easily see how people might not like this film, but for my vote, I'd say it's a must-see, especially if you have access to a digital projection theatre. The visuals alone were amazing, and this time it never felt as if they were conflicting with the story.

Just my two cents, hoss! =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:37 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Darn it, Matt-- you're making me slightly interested in this film!

Congrats on getting to go to the early screener. Many of your comments echo what I've heard already-- Natalie seemed to phone in her lines from Harvard, Hayden was as wooden as my coffee table and the visuals are pretty good. One comment I read was "it's good-- for a Star Wars movie".

Glad you had a good time-- and I LOVED the pic of the Biker Scout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:47 am 
ABS

just a correction, Leo...

Hayden.... I was IMPRESSED with him! His scenes with Natalie were really stiff, but I think that was the script. Every other scene he did was SUCH an improvement over Ep II. Seriously. I was really feeling for his character this time around. He did a great job as Anakin this time...

You'll see in a week! Enjoy! =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:35 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I was lucky enough to get in to an advance press screening last Thursday, and yes, I will also admit to getting a little emotional in a few spots. Damn you Lucas! (shakes fist.)