Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:44 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10590
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
guapo wrote:
My favorite characters got few votes :x I´ll get my revenge against you all!!! :cry:


Neither did some of mine. But that's not the point. The point is to build an awareness of the community's wishes. That way when Mattel sits down to plan out the next wave of characters, they know which ones are more anticipated by a higher group of people which might translate into more sales and more dollars for Mattel.

As for revenge, the whole series of polls has been my revenge for the insane lineup Mattel gave us at SDCC 2006. No one really wanted that Aquaman. No one wanted that Amazo. No one really wanted Nemesis or Obsideon. Sand (although cool) was not on anyone's 'most wanted' list.

Where were Hawkman, Fire, Cheetah, and Grodd? The poll let Mattel know who we wanted, and in time, they got made.

_________________
Read my latest AFi blog:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... perfriend/
You might enjoy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:26 am 
User avatar
too much stick, not enough carrot
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3559
Location: The Great Country of Texas!
j1h15233 wrote:
Haha well that's why I wanted Dick too.


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, if I didn't do it you know one of the other adolescents here would. You really probably should consider editing that lol.

As far as the top 10, this year most of mine were pretty highly ranked. But that's because many of the figures I NEVER thought would be made have already appeared in the line. So several core characters, the ones that really NEED to be made are still out there. I think that's very well reflected in the poll this year.

_________________
Go visit the JLU Customs Wiki - you won't be disapointed!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 am 
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 975
Um, I really wanted an Obsidian. (Still do, sadly.) :(

_________________
Check me out at:

http://www.kevenn.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 am 
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 6:35 pm
Posts: 175
texgnome1 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Haha well that's why I wanted Dick too.


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, if I didn't do it you know one of the other adolescents here would. You really probably should consider editing that lol.


Wasn't that intentional? lol.

Thanks for running the poll, Superfriend & to everyone who did the tallies. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:55 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12571
Location: College Station, TX
booster_deadshot wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Haha well that's why I wanted Dick too.


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, if I didn't do it you know one of the other adolescents here would. You really probably should consider editing that lol.


Wasn't that intentional? lol.

Thanks for running the poll, Superfriend & to everyone who did the tallies. :)


No it was not intentional and I'm not changing it because everyone SHOULD know what I meant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:02 am 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
j1h15233 wrote:
I'd like the young TNBA Tim Drake (the old one is way too tall for JLU), a BTAS style Dick Grayson, and a classic Dick Grayson for classic Bats.

Totally agree with ya! A classic Robin and B:TAS style Dick are musts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12571
Location: College Station, TX
riddler2403 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I'd like the young TNBA Tim Drake (the old one is way too tall for JLU), a BTAS style Dick Grayson, and a classic Dick Grayson for classic Bats.

Totally agree with ya! A classic Robin and B:TAS style Dick are musts.


I know I can always count on you for some backup when it comes to Batman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:17 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1579
Location: Katy, Texas
I'm with ya to brother! I want a classic "Richard" Grayson to go with my Superfreinds batman as well as a taller classic Robin to go with my teen titans (Cyborg will NOT be the last!! Say it with me!)

_________________
MIA: marvel Legends first appearance Storm!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10590
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
Moving Top 5 male votes to here. 1st post will become a compilation of all results, possibly scaled back to a shorter list.

Top 5 Male Heroes (votes - character)

60 STRIPE
53 Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
40 Crimson Avenger
35 Speedy

28 Dr. Midnite
27 Nightwing
23 Mr. Terrific
20 Robin (Dick Grayson / SF)
19 Jonah Hex

16 GA Flash Jay Garrick
16 GA Green Lantern Alan Scott
12 Animal Man
12 Aquaman (STAS / SF)
12 Creeper
11 Grey Ghost
11 Hourman

10 GA Spectre
09 Guy Gardner Green Lantern
09 Thunderbolt
08 Johnny Thunder
08 Zauriel
07 Firestorm
07 Metron
06 Beast Boy
06 Phantom Stranger
06 Static (JLU/Future)
06 Warlord Travis Morgan

05 Ambush Bug
05 GA Sandman
05 Lobo
05 Zan
04 Adam Strange
04 Kid Flash
04 Starman Jack Knight
04 Zeta
03 Black Lightning
03 Clark Kent
03 Flash Barry Allen
03 Gleek
03 Jericho
03 Manhunter Paul Kirk
03 Robin (Tim Drake)
03 Sgt Rock
03 Static (Static Shock - young)

_________________
Read my latest AFi blog:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... perfriend/
You might enjoy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:15 pm 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
j1h15233 wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I'd like the young TNBA Tim Drake (the old one is way too tall for JLU), a BTAS style Dick Grayson, and a classic Dick Grayson for classic Bats.

Totally agree with ya! A classic Robin and B:TAS style Dick are musts.


I know I can always count on you for some backup when it comes to Batman.

Yeah, you know I'm a HUGE Batman fan. That's why I've been hoping for a second Gotham 4 pack from matty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 am 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 327
To add another interpretation to the results, I tallied the final category "Top 10 Overall" which IMO really shows the pecking order.

Top 10 Vote Getters in any place 1-10
1 Kalibak 53
2 Toyman 46
3 S.T.R.I.P.E. 45
4 Killer Frost 44
5 Blue Beetle 42
Captain Cold 42
7 Vandal Savage 39
8 Gypsy 33
9 Granny Goodness 32
10 Supergirl (Adult) 29
11 Livewire 28

Most Overall #1 Votes
1 Blue Beetle 12
2 Lobo 8
3 Vandal Savage 6
S.T.R.I.P.E. 6
Nightwing 6
6 Robin (Dick Grayson) 5
7 Supergirl (Adult) 4
Mr. Terrific 4
Kalibak 4
Crimson Avenger 4
11 Livewire 3
Green Lantern (Alan Scott) 3
Dr. Midnight 3
Captain Cold 3

I don't know if this makes sense, but I put a value on each place and totalled it. 10 points for a #1 vote, 9 points for a #2 vote, 8 points for a #3 vote, etc.

Highest Adjusted Vote Total
1 Kalibak 328
2 Blue Beetle 292
3 S.T.R.I.P.E. 287
4 Toyman 269
5 Vandal Savage 230
6 Killer Frost 221
7 Captain Cold 219
8 Gypsy 179
9 Supergirl (Adult) 157
10 Nightwing 151
11 Livewire 149
12 Granny Goodness 141
13 Mr. Terrific 137
14 Crimson Avenger 135
15 Lobo 125
16 Speedy 112
17 Mongul 106
18 Robin (Dick Grayson) 100
Clayface 100


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 pm 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8749
Location: Rochester, NY
Wow. Every time a new tally gets posted I am amazed at the turnout from the community here.

We are such a varied and diverse group and we generally rally for such disparate ideas that is is phenomenal to see what happens when we overlap.

I couldn't agree more with character placement based on TOP 10 overall-adjusted results. If Matty were to make that list in that order I would truly be satisfied...

_________________
#AdultsCollect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12571
Location: College Station, TX
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Wow. Every time a new tally gets posted I am amazed at the turnout from the community here.

We are such a varied and diverse group and we generally rally for such disparate ideas that is is phenomenal to see what happens when we overlap.

I couldn't agree more with character placement based on TOP 10 overall-adjusted results. If Matty were to make that list in that order I would truly be satisfied...


I'll take the entire list there haha.

I wonder how the votes would have differed if people went back and removed their Adult Supergirl and Mr. Terrific votes seeing as how they both were near the top still.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 pm 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3457
Weighting the votes with points based on slots one through ten is useful if people are ranking them in order, but the instructions for the voting specifically tell people "Order is not important", which means most people probably didn't put any thought to what order they put their top 10 overall in (I know I didn't). The weighted score doesn't really mean anything for the way this poll was set up. Doing it that way from the start would probably make for a more interesting overall top 10 category.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:58 pm 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10590
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
Schwondalia wrote:
To add another interpretation to the results, I tallied the final category "Top 10 Overall" which IMO really shows the pecking order.

Top 10 Vote Getters in any place 1-10
1 Kalibak 53
2 Toyman 46
3 S.T.R.I.P.E. 45
4 Killer Frost 44
5 Blue Beetle 42
Captain Cold 42
7 Vandal Savage 39
8 Gypsy 33
9 Granny Goodness 32
10 Supergirl (Adult) 29
11 Livewire 28


I appreciate the work. 2 things.

#1. For the other groupings, I am keeping data down to characters which got 5% of the vote, or 6 votes. Do you have the results for the first section down to the characters which got 6 votes?

#2. In the instructions for voting, it says there is no value to the order in which you list your votes. That makes the additional tallying invalid ... and misleading.

_________________
Read my latest AFi blog:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... perfriend/
You might enjoy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: