Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 270  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm 
Former King of Posts

Not on Imaginext stuff, but there is a Brave & Bold minis line coming this summer which looks to be similar to the Hasbro Galactic Heroes / Super Squad in the B&B animated style. There are some pictures in the NYCC gallery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:12 pm 
Unbreakable

Didn't they have a few really lame Imaginext repaints shown at Toyfair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:24 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Ran across some TRU exclusive Batman Imaginext vehicles the yesterday while shopping for birthday gifts.

The jungle truck with animal cage has been repainted Black and Yellow and comes with repainted Batman and standard Robin (still no cape :? )
and then the Harbor lifeguard truck is repainted to look like the Joker's Ice Cream truck and comes with Joker and Penguin (both in standard colors).

The vehicles look a tad large when compared to the Batmobile.Batplane, and Batcopter. Each does fit 2 figures though so that is a nice touch.

At $19.99 a pop, I would have liked to see repainted figure costumes at the very least to help sell the sets though.

Is there anything else in the pipeline that anyone knows about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:55 am 
Unbreakable

I just saw those yesterday as well. I kinda like the Joker truck but prbably not at the $20 price tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:03 am 
5" Scale

Do we have any idea if there are going to be more characters released for this line? I thought I remembered reading Mattel saying the line was doing well, but outside of Mr. Freeze, very little all-new stuff seems to be coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 pm 
Damage Control

WOW, amazing NEW BATMOBILE, as well as a new SPACE/SPACE SHUTTLE/LUNAR VEHICLE theme. The new Batmobile actually holds TWO figures (unfortunately you only get Batman), but the great news is that its currently on sale at TARGET.. :D And the space theme is on sale as well.

imaginext.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:56 pm 

I took my son into Target for the Batmobile and came home with all the new Space stuff as well. At least Batman is ready to take on the alien invaders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

superfriend wrote:
Not on Imaginext stuff, but there is a Brave & Bold minis line coming this summer which looks to be similar to the Hasbro Galactic Heroes / Super Squad in the B&B animated style. There are some pictures in the NYCC gallery.

They've been in stock at ToyWiz for the last 2 weeks, but nothing at mass retail yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:28 pm 
serves the Otter

That Batwing is awesome. I'm "..." this close to starting this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 am 
Damage Control

I can see that the DC IMAGINEXT is doing well enough to warrant a cool new batmobile, I hope we see more stuff like

GOTHAM BANK ARMORED VAN w/crooks and TWO FACE--ie ambulance repainted
JOKER ICE CREAM VAN-ie ambulance repaint
CATWOMAN
G.C.P.D. car w/2 officers
BATBOAT with submersible action

BIZZARRO
SUPERMAN rocketship
SUPERMAN DAILY PLANET w/adjacent construction site w/LOIS LANE
METROPOLIS P.D. car w/2 officers.
PARASITE
LEX LUTHOR
DARKSIED

GREEN LANTERN VS SINESTRO
HAL JORDAN W/JET PLANE
ABIN SUR W/ROCKET SHIP

WONDER WOMAN VS CHEETAH
INVISIBLE JET

AQUAMAN VS BLACK MANTIS

FLASH VS CAPT COLD/OR YELLOW FLASH

NIGHTWING W/CYCLE

There really could be a nice assortment of villains and heroes. What's really cool is the other sets fit in nice like the FIRE DEPT/OCEAN/CONSTRUCTION.

I had stopped collecting but this new batmobile and the BATCAVE being on sale, well, Im back in.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:31 am 

I would love to see the Imaginext line expanded upon. It carries the DC SuperFriends tag and has so much possiblilty.

I love all your options listed above and would eagerly pick them all up for my son. Constant repaints of vehicles/playsets from other lines would help keep Mattel's cost down and would help to just pump out a constant stream of product.

Unfortunately, what seems to happen to most Imaginext lines is that they get the initial "big boom" release, maybe one or two more update waves, and then they are filtered out to make room for a new theme.

Pirates are gone. Jungle is on its way out, as is Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs just got reworked in "Lost Creatures" but even that doesn't seem to have the legs behind it. The Castle system just got an overhaul into the "Dragon Castle" and should be getting its "boom" shortly. Fire Rescue is already making room for Construction in most TRU's that I've been to.

Hopefully, when DC/Batman gets to that point it will come back witha more inclusive DC theme or will focus on JL/JS/TT. LSH could be cool with some of the new "Space" playsets.

I just hope they don't shift to the new "blank" body style... that thing is just a tad too generic for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Has there ever been a female character in any Imaginext line?... I remember there being one, maybe two in Great Adventures but none in Imaginext... I'm with you guys, the line either needs to expand to more of the DCU or Fisher-Price needs to drop the "Super Friends" name and just call the line "Batman" because that's all it really is...

The original explorer figure (the detailed one) packed with the gorilla playset just made me think of Congo Bill and I can't imagine it would be too hard to make one of the knights and his steed into Sir Justin and Winged Victory. I know that those two are a bit obscure for the retail line but they'd be great in a multi-pack to share between MattyCollector and Fisher-Price's web-store considering that they'd just be re-paints...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

My best friend knows of my love for Batman. So he bought my son (his godson) the Imaginext Batcave set. My older brother has some of the older city sets from Imaginext because I bought it for my nephew and he plans on giving them to my son. I want to get all the batrelated stuff for this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:00 am 

Nitewing73 wrote:
I want to get all the batrelated stuff for this line.

Which is everything but the superman figure :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Picked up the new Batmobile for my 5 yr-old Godson today at Target.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 270  Next