Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

The same as the BatB Batman vs. Alien set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:19 pm 
Knows his stuff

JediJones wrote:

which is how much? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 am 
Resin

JediJones wrote:

I sure hope that Alien never appears in a future episode of BATB. I deliberately didn't buy that set since the alien has never appeared in the show and just my luck he'll probably appear in a future episode once the pack is long gone from store shelves.

-Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:46 am 
Factory Worker

Now that I am collecting the BBATB I have decided to use the same mentality with collecting this toyline as I did collecting the Batman toyline. Which is that I only collect one of each figure and that will be the closest version to comic book/cartoon version of each character.

I know that Mattel and other toy companies like to make multiple versions of characters in toy form for those collectors who collect everything from a toyline and usually that is what I do. But sometimes I only collecting certain figures from a toyline and that is what I am going to do with the BBATB toyline.

For example, I will not be buying the BBATB two pack with Batman and the weird looking alien creature as that two pack does not have anything to do with the cartoon or Batman except for the Batman figure which I have no desire to own.

I also won't be buying all of the extra Batman figures that come with different accessorories. I only want one figure for each character unless something special warrants my buying more that one of a character, For example, I bought the Blue Beetle with his Bug vehicle because it was so super cool that I had to buy it. That means I'll end up with two different Blue Beetle figures as I plan on buying the deluxe Blue Beetle single figure if I ever find it. Even though the two Blue Beetle costumes are similar I want to have the comic book/cartoon accurate Blue Beetle, which is the deluxe single of Blue Beetle but the BB with the vehicle was too awesome to not own it and have it in my collection.

So far I have picked up Sportsmaster, The Atom, Black Manta, Aquaman and the Blue Beetle with the Bug vehicle. I know I have a ways to go to be caught up with BBATB but the few extra figures that I have found that I need had horrible paint apps.

Luckily, quite a few stores in my area carry the BBATB toyline so it's not as difficult to locate the figures I need as when I am looking for my JLU fix. It is very nice to be able to go to a store looking for a toy fix and actually be able to FIND SOME new figures that I need. It sure is different from the norm when I am out looking for my new JLU figures and never find anything new at all.

Now I just need to find someone to take all of my DCIH off of my hands since I no longer collect that toyline so I can make more room for my BBATB! :D

Sorry for being so long winded. I tend to do that once I get started talking.

Once again, thanks for getting me hooked and thanks for your time.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

These have finally hit the shelves in the UK.

Picked up Wave One today.

Hope wave two isn't too far behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:45 am 
BANNED

Abstractharmony wrote:

Did you get Gentleman Ghost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:07 am 
shirtless hugger

guapo wrote:
Abstractharmony wrote:

Did you get Gentleman Ghost?

Has Gentleman Ghost hit U.S. retail yet? I have never seen it. He's not even listed on Card Backs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I went back through the Toy Fair gallery last night and was amazed at how many figures we still have coming, some that I had forgotten about...

Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Gorilla Grodd
Gentleman Ghost
B'wana Beast
Despero
Joker

...still floored by the fact that we're getting 3 Gentleman Ghost figures within a year's time and 2 of B'wana Beast... Just amazing... Wonder if they'll be showing anything new at SDCC?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 pm 
Unbreakable

Thanks FlaBat. I had seen those at Toywiz but MAN are they expensive. I might consider it if they were all priced at $10 like Red Tornado and Batman.

Hopefully they will show up in Target or Walmarts plan-o-gram soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:56 pm 
Knows his stuff

anyone who'll be kind enough to help me out with Grodd? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:30 am 
Former King of Posts

From the site kevfett linked: I had not seen this boxed before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:40 am 
Factory Worker

superfriend wrote:
From the site kevfett linked: I had not seen this boxed before.

Actually I have seen the two pack in question for sale on Amazon.com as well as the transforming Batmobile/Batjet. I was tempted to order both but I want to wait and see how much both toys go for at the local stores first.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:48 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I ordered and received both the transforming Batmobile and the Grodd set from Amazon last week. The transforming Batmobile is amazing. I'm fairly impressed with the Grodd set too.

I shot some pictures, and also included some other lines for comparison at the request of various folks, including "The Batman" and JLU.

The Batman fits in the cockpit with a little finagling, but looks pretty good. Also, Grodd really looks nice with The Batman line. JLU Batman's cape keeps him out. I couldn't put my hands on a BTAS Batman in a hurry, but I bet he fits in there pretty well.

The good: Grodd has no hex holes in him at all. The armored Batman with him is pretty cool, too.

The bad: Grodd's helmet doesn't really fit JLU Grodd. And his pose is pretty predetermined, which brings me to ...

The ugly: Those hands. They are frozen in that position, and it's stupid. Apes don't walk on the backs of their hands, they walk on the knuckles. The hands are a separate plastic piece from the arms, though, so if I manage to get a second one, I will immediately reposition those suckers.

Last edited by Bryan Long on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:28 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I so want that batmobile, but have been waiting for it to hit locally so I don't have to put my credit card online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I want that Grodd. Can't wait to cut it to pieces mwahahaha... :twisted:

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 72  Next