Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:56 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Shadow Strikers rocked! I only had Dusty Hayes' Billboard Blast and Ali Bombay's Bullet as a kid. Matt Trakker's Thunderhawk remains the definitive M.A.S.K. vehicle for me and I sure wish I'd owned the Boulder Hill playset!

My favorite VENOM vehicle would have to be the Buzzard with the Mayhem Twins. That was a cool concept. Same goes for the rarer Split Seconds releases from the fourth series. Those are probably the hardest to find along with the Europe-only Sea Attack boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

We has M.A.S.K. topic here from way back..
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... php?t=5314

As for the toughest, the Split Seconds are all fairly tough to find, and the Euro pieces all complete are a challenge and pricey.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:50 pm 
ABS

I have a near complete collection. I'm only missing the Laser Command and the Skybolt.

Which to answer your question are 2 of the rarest peices in the line. The rest of the 4th series called "Split Seconds" are the other raraties but the hardest one to get from that line except for the 2 I mentioned before is the Stiletto. Both loose and MIB samples can go into triple digits for all 3 of these.

Series 1 and 2 go for little or nothing for common peices but the Rhino, Volcano and Outlaw still fethc pretty good prices.

Series 3 the Racing Series go for a little more with the Goliath topping the list as far as prices go. Not impossible to find complete but very expensive when you can.

Series 4 still still go for pretty high prices but I collected this line heavily 4 years ago and the prices have gone down substantially from the prices that I paid for mine.

Shadow Strikers and Vortech are technicly not M.A.S.K. BUT alot of collectors consider them to be the inheritors of the M.A.S.K. line.

If you choose to collect them loose you can usually get incomplete samples for littl or nothing and gradually peice them together. Vehicle peices on ebay go for dirt cheep and sometimes you can peice a vehicle together cheaper than buying one outright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I only had one or two when I was a lad but I really loved them. Recently I've just been browsing the eBay auctions. What a fun line. First one I want to get is the Hurricane with Hondo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Hasbro's Matt Trakker tribute figure from the G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary line was too cool for school. Just think of the possibilities if they could revive the M.A.S.K. line in the current 3 3/4 scale. I would be all over it like white on rice! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 am 
Collector Inspector

Cantina-Dan wrote:
I only had one or two when I was a lad but I really loved them. Recently I've just been browsing the eBay auctions. What a fun line. First one I want to get is the Hurricane with Hondo!

I had that one as a kid but I thought I lost it. So that was the first one I bought to start up my new collection on May 18th. Since then I have bought Condor, Vampire, Raven, Slingshot, 2 Rhinos, Billboard Blast, The Collector, Pit Stop Catapult, Meteor, Coast Patrol, T-Bob and Scott Trakker, Jackal & Vandal. Then the other day I was going through my stuff to put things on E-bay and I found Firecracker, The sub from Pirahna with Sly Rax and My first Hurricane. I really haven't been this excited about an old toy line in a while. I even downloaded ever episode of the show! Last time I was like this it was for Micronauts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:34 am 
Collector Inspector

Hey Check out this custom M.A.S.K. toy. Anyone remember this car from the show? I always wanted one of these when I was a kid. M.A.S.K. Never had a submarine only 2 boats in the toy line.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=250458360629

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:19 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

This is a really neat custom. Almost looks like an unproduced prototype.

M.A.S.K. had a nice run on the shelves and judging from the interest generated by Hasbro's recent Trakker figure, it ought to get another shot at greatness. Masters of the Universe has proved that retro is still in, so why not give Matt's guys a break as well? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:57 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Dang, that is a nice custom. Box and instructions included. Cool! Glad to see its getting some serious biddage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:23 pm 
ABS

This is truly a thing of beauty.

This may go for 5 bills easily.

Lord knows if I had the extra scratch I would bid on it.

This is one of those items that SHOULD have been made. Even though it never was made, I had several freinds who claimed their cousinn best freinds cat had one and they had seen it. :wink:

I wanted this thing sooooo bad back in the day. I loved the Shark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 pm 
shirtless hugger

That custom is amazing. As impressed as I am with the toy itself, I'm more impressed by the packaging and the inserts. That just knocks my socks off, and I'm not even a M.A.S.K. fan.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:20 am 
Collector Inspector

Darth_Ennis wrote:
This is truly a thing of beauty.

This may go for 5 bills easily.

Lord knows if I had the extra scratch I would bid on it.

This is one of those items that SHOULD have been made. Even though it never was made, I had several freinds who claimed their cousinn best freinds cat had one and they had seen it. :wink:

I wanted this thing sooooo bad back in the day. I loved the Shark.

Well it finally sold it went for $622.00!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:36 am 
3 3/4"

Lt. Clutch wrote:
This is a really neat custom. Almost looks like an unproduced prototype.

M.A.S.K. had a nice run on the shelves and judging from the interest generated by Hasbro's recent Trakker figure, it ought to get another shot at greatness. Masters of the Universe has proved that retro is still in, so why not give Matt's guys a break as well? :wink:

It's pretty amazing how fondly remembered this line is. Even me, it's a line I've been itching to recapture but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think back and it was only a big deal for maybe a year. Yet, here we are. Still reminiscing.

They were great toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:33 am 
ABS

I have to admit this thread made me rekindle the old flame I had for this line.

Looking over my collection I realise that some of them really need upgrading. Most of my collection are my originals and they were heavily played with in my childhood.

When I was collecting the line heavily several years ago I was concentrating on the stuff I didn't have and to be quite honest at the time I was collecting on the cheap.

Now that I have started looking again alot of the stuff is going for alot cheaper that I paid for them back then, and in better condition at that.

So I will let you know what I come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:58 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Got a Vandal in a trade over the weekend, my first MASK toy in over 20 years! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next