Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:56 pm 
The Last Word

Yeah, a couple of the Targets around here have the TMNT marked down 30% off the original price. As for the JLU three-packs, it's still just the one store that has them for 30% off the usual price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:10 pm 
serves the Otter

Has anyone found the new 3 packs yet?

Hopefully JLU comes back in the fall. Only a couple Targets left carrying the line in my neck of the woods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:13 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Maniac Joker wrote:

Hopefully JLU comes back in the fall. Only a couple Targets left carrying the line in my neck of the woods.

My closest Target now that I've moved has 7 Fire and Ice 3-packs. I'm not visiting often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm 
Hat Pooper

j1h15233 wrote:
Maniac Joker wrote:

My closest Target now that I've moved has 7 Fire and Ice 3-packs. I'm not visiting often.

My closest Target just restocked with several Question, Fire and Ice, and Captain Atom 3 packs. They are packed full with them. I really hope to see old Brucey, and Cheetah soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Out of the five Targets that I go to, 3 have completely phased out JLU from their shelves. There aren't hang tags or even space for them anymore. The other 2 Targets have Kilowog singles and Fire and Ice 3-packs. I don't know, it just doesn't look good to me. I'm of the mind now that if I see something new I will get it but I'm pretty much not going out of my way anymore to collect these figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:47 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

The Target near my place have placed the clearance tags on the singles at $3.48 a piece... The 3-packs still have the regular price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 pm 
Smack! Smack! Smack!

I am perplexed by the panic and woes. The new six packs are scheduled to hit next month. When the planogram changes to accommodate those six packs, I am sure singles and three packs will return as well. Honestly, this clearance is a good thing because it will clear room for the new items in August. I am sure those locations that removed the space will reallocate it when the time comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 am 
The Last Word

MrBear wrote:
I am perplexed by the panic and woes. The new six packs are scheduled to hit next month. When the planogram changes to accommodate those six packs, I am sure singles and three packs will return as well. Honestly, this clearance is a good thing because it will clear room for the new items in August. I am sure those locations that removed the space will reallocate it when the time comes.

Other than your optimism for a speedy return of the singles, I agree. We may not see those again until the holiday season, but I'm not worried about Target dropping the line, as they obviously still have plans for it. Despite the clearance prices on three-packs in one store in my area, they're still not in NCF status. Despite what some people who don't know any better will insist, Target does put DPCI numbers on clearance and continues to restock that same product after raising the price back to normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

Caped Crusader wrote:
MrBear wrote:

Other than your optimism for a speedy return of the singles, I agree. We may not see those again until the holiday season, but I'm not worried about Target dropping the line, as they obviously still have plans for it. Despite the clearance prices on three-packs in one store in my area, they're still not in NCF status. Despite what some people who don't know any better will insist, Target does put DPCI numbers on clearance and continues to restock that same product after raising the price back to normal.

I wish my store would do that with 3-packs instead of sitting on 7 of the same Fire and Ice packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 am 
3 3/4"

I haven't seen the new 3-packs yet. The new singles just started popping up in my area. Some are full price, some are on clearance for $3.48, It looks like Booster Gold and Wonder Woman are the two that are the hardest to find. I haven't seen a Booster Gold and all yet and only 2 Wonder Woman figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:58 am 
Tis' but a pup

Caped Crusader wrote:
MrBear wrote:

Speaking as a present Target employee, this is absolutely correct. The JLU singles (as well as the Superfriends figures and the Infinite Heroes 3-packs) are all clearanced at my store, but so is half the action figure aisle. My guess is they're just trying to get rid of a lot of backstock for the August reset. It's a pretty normal thing, and the only lines that really have to worry are the non-performing summer ones. I doubt we'll see Terminator or Trek after August hits, but JLU's still gonna be there in some capacity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:10 pm 
5" Scale

I've seen more Target clearance craziness over the past 2 days.

One store had Wolverine movie and animated figures on clearance but the other 4 stores I went to today did not.

One store even had some Transformers Revenge of the Fallen toys on clearance, namely the $4.99 Legends class and the Bumblebee Mr. Potatoes. I wish they'd clearance out all the Star Wars Yarna Dal Gargans.

I've not seen JLU packs on clearance at any of the stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:00 am 
Factory Worker

Visited yet another Target store that was out of my normal shopping area and that store had some rather strange clearances as well but there weren't ANY JLU clearances at all.

So, in my area of Ohio the six Target stores that I have visited recently had two things in common. The first was that they all had JLU toys and none of them were clearanced. The second thing in common was that none of the six Target stores had the new JLU three packs in stock. BLARGG!

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:57 pm 
5" Scale

I heard from a Target toy dept manager on another board that August 2 is when the next reset will be. His info has been reliable over the years so during some point within the first 2-3 weeks of August, I'd expect to see the JLU 3 packs. Who knows, maybe even the 6 packs?

From experience, I can tell you that the August 2 date is not etched in stone and so while some stores may have resetted by then, some may not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 pm 
Aspires to be #1

brand42 wrote:
I heard from a Target toy dept manager on another board that August 2 is when the next reset will be. His info has been reliable over the years so during some point within the first 2-3 weeks of August, I'd expect to see the JLU 3 packs. Who knows, maybe even the 6 packs?

From experience, I can tell you that the August 2 date is not etched in stone and so while some stores may have resetted by then, some may not.

I think we'll at least see the space allocated for 6-packs when they reset. I don't know if they'll have shipments yet though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next