Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

PJ wrote:
xrmc20 wrote:
PJ wrote:
Very cool. I've wanted to see loose pics of these. Do you have the UPC#?
Thanks

27084 82514

Thanks, but what are the 2 small numbers? They need all 12 numbers to check their computer.

there's a small 0 before those numbers and a small 5 after them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 am 
serves the Otter

I didn't realize there was an Action League 6 pack out....how much did that cost at TRU?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

xrmc20 wrote:
PJ wrote:
xrmc20 wrote:
PJ wrote:
Very cool. I've wanted to see loose pics of these. Do you have the UPC#?
Thanks

27084 82514

Thanks, but what are the 2 small numbers? They need all 12 numbers to check their computer.

there's a small 0 before those numbers and a small 5 after them

Thank you. I'll be checking for this today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Quinn wrote:
I didn't realize there was an Action League 6 pack out....how much did that cost at TRU?

xrmc20 wrote:
(it was $22.99)

I really hope that the whole DCU is open for this line... Granted the show is burning through the heroes and villains but if we can't get Wonder Woman and Superman in this style just because they aren't on the show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 am 
serves the Otter

Thanks Jim--I'm hoping we get Superman and Wonder Woman on the show and in the toy line eventually. They said Robin wouldn't be on the show too, and he's been on there once now. In the last episode I watched, Batman mentioned "my friend in Metropolis" too.

There's always hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:29 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
I really hope that the whole DCU is open for this line... Granted the show is burning through the heroes and villains but if we can't get Wonder Woman and Superman in this style just because they aren't on the show...

My thoughts exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:29 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well it looks like I can skip the 6 pack-- I just hope Gentleman Ghost isnt an exclusive to this pack-- because even in the worst multipacks-- Hasbro usually gives you at least 2 new scuplts and the several different decos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:33 am 

stewbacca wrote:
Well it looks like I can skip the 6 pack-- I just hope Gentleman Ghost isnt an exclusive to this pack-- because even in the worst multipacks-- Hasbro usually gives you at least 2 new scuplts and the several different decos.

It looks like the Gentlemen Ghost that comes with the horse is painted white, while the one in the six pack is clear plastic, so maybe the only place to get the clear one is in the 6-pack (but if that was the case, wouldn't it have one of those "exclusive" labels by it, or something?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:43 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

xrmc20 wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

It looks like the Gentlemen Ghost that comes with the horse is painted white, while the one in the six pack is clear plastic, so maybe the only place to get the clear one is in the 6-pack (but if that was the case, wouldn't it have one of those "exclusive" labels by it, or something?)

They would if it was Hasbro , except Hasbro would also have been ingenious enough to released the box set with the alternate universe color schemes, but once again we get Mattel copying a format several years later and still getting it wrong-

Why do I forsee a DCIH Guy Gardner fiasco coming when someone creates these multipacks..Whoever does that at Mattel needs to lose their job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm 
Unbreakable

So my box-o-Action League showed up today from TGFToys. Actually Fed Ex tried to deliver it yesterday but I was home sick and my boss was out of the office when the driver tried delivery. I'll have to have a long talk with the bossman about needing to be in the office during business hours, when I'm expecting important packages. It cost me a whole day of toy bliss :evil:

So first impressions before I tear into them is the packaging is very cool. It really catches the eye. These will look good hanging/setting in the action figure aisles. Even better the bigger vehicle sets actually showcase the entire line of the back of the box. What a novel idea! The pegged stuff, 2-packs and singles have a quick blurb on the back about the characters included.

Now the funny thing is when I look at these figures and know they are Mattels answer to Superhero Squad, they just seem a bit more... mature wouldn't be a good word....how about...not quite as preschooly (a new word I just invented). Maybe it's the skinnier proportions or the lack of "precious moments" eyes. But I think the older kids might still like these guys.

Now I'm not saying I like these more than Superhero Squad, it's far too new of a line, but I think it has lots of potential. It has already beaten the "Squad" in one area: logical vehicles. Batmobile, Batsub and Skeleton Horse for the win! Actually, Gentleman Ghost and his Skelehorse for toy of the year.

Anyway, just sharing some thoughts on my new toys. Before anyone hit me with the "this post is useless without pics" smiley (which make me die a little inside)I will try to find someone with a digital camera and get some loose pics up over the weekend. I don't own a camera because I still believe that cameras can steal your soul.

In the meantime if some happens across these toys between now and then please post your own pics and save me from a technological catastrophe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 am 
Killer Mothman

Found the TRU exclusive Action Squad figures yesterday.

They are tiny!

Haven't seen the vehicles, the two or single packed figures yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

One of my local TRUs' had the 6-Pack (with Transparent Gentleman Ghost) and the Batboat with Batman, and Gentalman Ghost and Horse vehicle packs. They looked awesome, I know I wnat Batman and a few other but that 6 pack at $22 was kinda crazy, I'll have to see how the 2 packs are priced to see how much of a deal it is. The vehicles are $12.99 I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Where in the store are you finding these-- in the Action Figure aisle-- or near the imaginetext stuff.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:36 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

They were with the other Brave and the Bold Figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 am 
Variant Head

Just bought the six pack paid with paypal and got free shipping. I want to collect these but doubt my local TRU will carry them which is lame cause when I say loacal I mean 5 or 6 in NH and MA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next