Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: JLU : Finishing the Show in 2010
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/?p=2572

Questions, comments, insults?

Put them all in this thread. Keep it civil, please. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I was just about to ask you when we would see the blog. Excellent, excellent choices. The only two major characters on my want list from the show that didn't make the cut were Lobo and Despero but in terms of screen time he doesn't beat any of those listed. I really really hope Mattel is listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:40 pm 
Factory Worker

well i like most of the choices but i dont think we need a brainthor (or whatever) and i think we also need a poison ivy, circe, and roulette

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:46 pm 
Former King of Posts

Or we could just post our comments on the blog.

In brief.
1. Your list closely mirrors the recent results of the Most Wanted poll we ran for JLU at AFi recently. Not the same order, not the whole list, but a lot in common.

2. Static from JLU is "Old Static".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Azrael24 wrote:
well i like most of the choices but i dont think we need a brainthor (or whatever) and i think we also need a poison ivy, circe, and roulette

The point of the blog is to look at it from a logical analysis and NOT have it just be a "these are the characters I *wish* to be made." It's about importance to the JL/JLU show and the DCAU as a whole.

I am up to hearing logical arguments to change my entries, but none of the characters you named are "important" to the show being completed.

Just trying to explain why I chose the ones I did.

Peace,

Chip

Last edited by marillion on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Azrael24 wrote:

I like those choices, but I don't think any of them were more important than Brainithor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
Or we could just post our comments on the blog.

Because it was JLU-related, and because I want more people to talk about it, and because I'd rather have the "quote" feature to use if needed, I felt a thread was necessary.

Quote:
In brief.
1. Your list closely mirrors the recent results of the Most Wanted poll we ran for JLU at AFi recently. Not the same order, not the whole list, but a lot in common.

He's also an adult, and Static Shock as a show sucked so I don't reference it. :P

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:50 pm 
active in the community

Great blog. On one hand, I realize that this line is near ending and I do get that, but I can't help but want more.

Mattel really has delivered far more JLU figures than I could have hoped for, and this collection is my favorite. I love the variety of heroes and villians in this line. However, it is that same reason that keeps my expectations high for more. I can't help but thinking, "now Mattel has to make a [fill in the blank] JLU figure."

My 2 "missing" figures are Killer Frost and Vandal Savage (both key to the show).

P.S. I totally cannot wait for Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Firestorm and the Flash 3 pack ... Capt. Cold looks brilliant!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm 
Aspires to be #1

LBSuperman wrote:
I can't help but thinking, "now Mattel has to make a [fill in the blank] JLU figure."

I have about 100 names that fill in that blank for me. DCUC isn't helping either. I see figures in that line who should or could be made for JLU and it just lengthens my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:55 pm 
Dog Squeezer

ATTENTION MATTEL:

HIRE CHIP

Sales will go up, I promise. You need someone who knows what the fans want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

They don't have to hire me. I'd do this chit for free.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:02 pm 
Factory Worker

j1h15233 wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:

I like those choices, but I don't think any of them were more important than Brainithor.

well, maybe not circe, but poison ivy had a big role in Btas, Tnba, and she appeared in JL, making her a must. roulette had a much bigger role than both crimson avenger and STRIPE. if we were doing wish lists i would have mentioned other characters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

This is why I wanted the thread and quote feature, Erik. I plan on defending my logic. :)

Azrael24 wrote:
well, maybe not circe, but poison ivy had a big role in Btas, Tnba, and she appeared in JL, making her a must.

I agree with you, but she is not more important than Lex Luthor and Brainiac. This character is both of them teaming up together, and that pushes it far over her. She's a "must" yes, but not more important than this guy. She took on Batman multiple times. These guys take on EVERYBODY.

Quote:
roulette had a much bigger role than both crimson avenger and STRIPE. if we were doing wish lists i would have mentioned other characters

I hear your point, and I agree she must be made, but I consider her an ancillary character and not a "hero" or "villain." Crimson Avenger and STRIPE (especially) appeared in more episodes.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:15 pm 
Aspires to be #1

marillion wrote:
This is why I wanted the thread and quote feature, Erik. I plan on defending my logic. :)

Azrael24 wrote:
well, maybe not circe, but poison ivy had a big role in Btas, Tnba, and she appeared in JL, making her a must.

I agree with you, but she is not more important than Lex Luthor and Brainiac. This character is both of them teaming up together, and that pushes it far over her. She's a "must" yes, but not more important than this guy. She took on Batman multiple times. These guys take on EVERYBODY.

Not to mention, that Lex spends the entire last season of JLU searching for Brainiac which brings back Darkseid and leads to one of my favorite episodes Destroyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:16 pm 
Former King of Posts

marillion wrote:
superfriend wrote:

He's also an adult, and Static Shock as a show sucked so I don't reference it. :P Peace, Chip

Hey, just trying to help you make the list more accurate, more specific. Don't blame me if they make the figure you 'requested' and its not the one you want. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next