Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
Killer Mothman

Bought all of these the other day. Two vehicles, 14 characters and one undead horse for under $80. I really am gonna like this line!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:26 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm loving these so far. The only thing I'm not fond of is the kneeling poses. I do wish there was a Batman with a cape that had the jetPack Batman's lower body. I like that wide base. So today I pick up another of the jet Pack set and switch the lower bodies with one of my doubles of the caped Batman. With a little force they pop apart at the waist fairly easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm 
5" Scale

I bought Bats and Reddy the other day and even though I don't plan on being a completist, am very impressed by the line! I'm looking to get the Bat Sub and Blue Beetle and Plastic Man next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Geez, when are we getting Superman?! If they make Superman for this line, I'm SO all over it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Supes (along with WOnder Woman for that matter) need to appear in the show before we will get toys of them in this or the other B:B&B line unfortunately.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

PJ wrote:
So today I pick up another of the jet Pack set and switch the lower bodies with one of my doubles of the caped Batman. With a little force they pop apart at the waist fairly easily.

Do they pop back in easily also, or did you have to glue? Looks excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 am 
ABS

Aren't these figures designed for small children? If so, I would not buy these. These figures can be swallowed rather easily unlike the Hasbro "Action League" equivalents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:13 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They pop back on just as easy and keep the articulation. My 11 year old daughter can't pull it apart so I doubt a 3 or 4 year old can pull it apart. But then anain I doubt I'd let a 3 or 4 year of play with either this line of the Marvel one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am 
Former King of Posts

Check out the poster Chip posted half way down this page:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... hp?t=15454

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:26 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Now, not only do I want all of those figures (how cool is the "hang-glider Plas" going to be?) but I also want the poster.

But, I'll need doubles, my son likes to have checklists he can cross off to match what he has... anyone know of anywhere that has a scan of that available? Will Matty put one up maybe?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 am 
Santos L. Halper

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Supes (along with WOnder Woman for that matter) need to appear in the show before we will get toys of them in this or the other B:B&B line unfortunately.

Why is that? Mattel's master license of DC should include every character, regardless of toy line or if they appeared on a show or not (Assuming DC/WB's approval, of course).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 pm 
Unbreakable

Krypton1976 wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Why is that? Mattel's master license of DC should include every character, regardless of toy line or if they appeared on a show or not (Assuming DC/WB's approval, of course).

Mattel claimed pretty early on that the Brave and the Bold toys would focus on characters related to the cartoon only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:31 pm 
Santos L. Halper

kevfett wrote:
Mattel claimed pretty early on that the Brave and the Bold toys would focus on characters related to the cartoon only.

If that's so, then it's just one more reason on my LONG list of reasons why Mattel pisses me off. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:42 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Krypton1976 wrote:
kevfett wrote:

If that's so, then it's just one more reason on my LONG list of reasons why Mattel pisses me off. :?

Yeah, I don't know if it's Mattel or DC/WB (or a combo) who has created this unnecessary restriction, but if it's just Mattel doing it on their own, I have to ask why they would create limits like this?

The SHS line has been so popular that it helped spawn a show, and that line has given us a ton of Spider-Mans (like Batman for Action League), but it has also gone very deep into the Marvel Universe in character selection. There's no good reason to keep this line tied strictly to the show. The SHS line is a hit with collectors and kids, which I think is a strategy for success. If Mattel goes crazy with characters for this line a lot of collectors will get into it (I think).

They already are giving us lots of characters, but step outside the box a little here and go all DCUC on us with character choices. (and really, the way the show burns through characters, if the show goes for 2 to 4 seasons there will be a ton of characters that will have shown up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm 
Unbreakable

I can somewhat understand the idea of "sticking to the show" in the case of BATB, it is a kids line afterall. But come on, at the very least Superman and Wonder Woman...maybe even a Luthor. They would sell like crazy even if they don't have the recognition of being on the cartoon.

That being said do we really think Superman will never show up on the show?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next