Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 270  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Or ...

Check your PM's or the new thread I created in the Checklist forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:29 pm 
serves the Otter

The Riddler (with his car) is available at Toys R Us now...I almost picked one up for my son's birthday, but decided to pass for now. They also had the Mr. Freeze Cave.

Anyone see the Penguin Submarine yet?

Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:03 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Thanks everyone, all the help and suggestions were great! This has been so informative already, is there any chance that you guys have pictures of these new things coming out such as riddler, joker funhouse (?), or penguin submarine? Any others would be awesome as well thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:15 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Wow those pics are just great! My only question is, is there a joker house or any other playset on the way? If so, are there also pics of that? Again thank you so much for all the help thus far, those ^ pictures are exactly what I was looking for but I enjoyed looking at everything else as well, I learned so much already :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 am 
Loose, Missing Package

jmor, they showed something called Joker's Fun House in the presentation but said it was a really early prototype... watch the panel here, I think it's in the first part (they cover Imaginext really quick)...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... hp?t=15319

Something else I keep forgetting to post... I was checking the resets in the girls' aisles and found a bunch of princess playsets (sorry, forgot the name, the packaging was a purple color) in Imaginext style, in fact, the prince in one set was the blank Imaginext guy painted up for a girls' line. Granted the princesses might not work too well with the heroes, but if there are other themes in this line we might have hope for custom fodder at the very least. And for anyone with boys and girls in this age range, these would be great for the kids to play together with the castle or dragon sets...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 am 
Collector Inspector

I saw those princesses too, Jim, and had the same thought about custom fodder. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:17 pm 
PVC

I can't seem to see any of the pictures of the new Green Lantern Imaginext. I guess I can wait until I get home and try and find the video clip. Anyone know where some good pics are posted? (the above photos are just X X X X maybe my work browser is limited??)

Sorry.. just a bit excited by this news.. I totally thought they would follow the Superfriends line with Stewart instead of Jordan.. very excited!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:24 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Right click on the x and hit "view image". Did that work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 pm 
PVC

Jim_Abell wrote:
Something else I keep forgetting to post... I was checking the resets in the girls' aisles and found a bunch of princess playsets (sorry, forgot the name, the packaging was a purple color) in Imaginext style, in fact, the prince in one set was the blank Imaginext guy painted up for a girls' line. Granted the princesses might not work too well with the heroes, but if there are other themes in this line we might have hope for custom fodder at the very least. And for anyone with boys and girls in this age range, these would be great for the kids to play together with the castle or dragon sets...

Hey Jim, was this an actual Imaginext Princess Castle or is it a different brand? I would love to find a set that could merge the fun for boys and girls. When our neices come over they feel a little left out with all the superhero stuff in our toy room. :)

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Wow thanks for all the amazing replies, do you think that most of the stuff from the powerpoint will be out by Christmas? Thanks for the responses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:22 pm 
Unbreakable

Hey Bat Lantern, the line for girls isn't called Imaginext. It's called Precious Places. But it IS made just like Imaginext. As mentioned earlier it even uses the same base bodies for the male characters. It also has the same price point structure Imaginext has. Small carded sets are around $6 all the way up to $50 or so for the Princess Castle. So yes it would be perfect for the nieces to play along with the Superhero or Dragon Imaginext.

Post subject: any new finds?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:52 pm 
Tis' but a pup

anything new on the imaginext front? i havent found anything new lately, has anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:22 am 
active in the community

I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and picked up the Superman single (with Krypto!). Yesterday I went to TRU and picked up the TRU Batcopter that comes with Batman, Robin and that little bubble vehicle, the TRU Joker's Van and the Batmobile that drives when you turn the "key." They have all of their Imaginext on sale this week for buy 2, get one free. I almost got the BatCave, but went with the TRU vehicles since you can find the Bat Cave at other stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Has anyone noticed the new Imaginext commercials?

Grand fun in the old school tradition. Unfortunately the commercial only features the Batcave and related accessories plus the Joker single, but, Hey, it's still a nice little thing to see on tv.

My son gets a kick out of it saying "I've already got that" every time he sees it.

The TRU sale is nice for those looking to get caught up. I picked up the newer large vehicles (Deluxe Batcopter, Joker Van, and Bat Jungle Tracker) for a tidy little discount, plus a Birthday Gift Cert. for my son, plus a coupon I had lying around... and then I got the points on the reward card.

All in all, not too shabby.

Now, I'm just waiting for some of the newer pieces to start showing up. (Hell, this is almost more fun than trying to find DCUC or JLU)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 270  Next