Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How Do You Determine What The Wave / Series Is?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

I have a generic question about Check Lists in regards to Waves/Series of figures.

How do you determine what the Wave/Series is?

Is it from the manufacturer or based upon release date or Assortment / SKU Numbers or what determines it. I ask because I’m going over JL/JLU and Lee’s Toy Price Guide #6 seems to lump a lot of figures as Series 2 like Mega Armor, Morph Gear and Cyber Trakkers while other lists I have found have them listed as separate Waves/Series.

Also with JL it lists both the regular Batman and Superman in Series 1 along with the all black/silver Batman and black/red Superman as Series 1 as well.

Perhaps a Wave and Series are not the same, perhaps a Wave is part of a Series, like Series 1 Wave 2 or something.

I know that when JL first hit in 2003 and 2004 there was a lot coming out one right after the other, while nowadays there is a lag between releases. I was just looking for something in common with the various lists so I can adjust my lists accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:43 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Superhe ... _%28toy%29 . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm 
shirtless hugger

Except I tend to disagree with JL Series 1. I got the first 6 (GL, WW, Batman, Superman, MM, Flash) at the same time, but some people list Wonder Woman as Series 1 while others list her as Series 2.

I tend to base a Wave or Series upon what is shown on the Card Back, but that does nor always work out either. In the case of JL the original 6 were all shown together with the bases connected to spell JUSTICE LEAGUE. The second series swapped out Batman and Superman for the darker versions and added Hawkgirl on the Card Back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:15 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I believe it is determined by the shipping case-- at least that was the cleanest way it was done for star wars-

the BAF element has changed that some since that makes the splits much more obivous-

But usually it is YearXX Wave xx Asst. XX written on the case..
Hasbro is usually very good with all their lines -- even My little pony and Littlest Pet Shop-- not so sure about mattel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

stewbacca wrote:
-- not so sure about mattel.

Mattel doesn't make it that clear on the cases. They're identified by the 5 digit product number (ie, N5863 which is the DCUC singles assortment for waves 6 - 9 and 11) that number is followed by a hyphen then four more numbers (usually 9999, not really sure what those signify) then a letter which is what identifies the contents (A was the first mix of wave 6, B was the second, C the first of 7, D was the second, E and F were the 6/7 remixes).