Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BTTF Delorean is at Toys R Us
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:33 am 
We're going streaking!

I found the BTTF Delorean at TRU last night. The plastic kind of threw me for a moment, but it's a nice looking car and big too at 1:15 scale. I picked it up for $39.99 -- not so much with the intentions of keeping it, despite being a huge BTTF fan (I am a bit of a dispute with TRU & their Rewards program at the moment) -- but I have to say that it is a nice looking car and the demo features makes me want to open it up and really give it a 'test drive.' So, I may just end up keeping it, even if it does feel a tad overpriced for a plastic car.

I kind of wished I had picked up the EE BTTF2 Delorean, but it seems like the hover wheels is the biggest difference (I know there are others, but I don't know if they are significant enough for me to have considered them without the hover wheels), and since it is sold out, it's no longer a concern anyway :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:01 pm 
active in the community

Funny you mentioned TRU Rewards. I too have had issues and have heard of many others.

I canceled my rewards program and promised I wouldn't buy anything from them unless I absolutely had to. I used to buy a few hundred dollars a month from them, but not any longer. I just look a little harder elsewhere. Usually cheaper too for what I collect.