Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Reflection Part I: Top Ten Action Figures of the Decade
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:37 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

New blog up, let me hear those opinions...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... he-decade/

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I'd love to do a similar blog but I just bet I won't get to it. I really liked your choices mainly because I don't own most of them and its fun to see the diversity amongst our collections.

I'm sitting at my desk at work and not at home surrounded by my little plastic people so here's an off-the-top-of-my-head top 10 list:

1 Palisades Muppet Show Sweetums
How do you choose one from the line?
2 Hasbro Star Wars POTJ Chewbacca
VOTC Chewie is superior but POTJ was the first to get the scale right and that was very exciting!
3 Mattel MOTUC He-Man
I peed my pants when I saw the teaser in the SDCC display case back in 2008.
4 ToyBiz LOTR Treebeard
That is one big action figure.
5 NECA TMNT's
One is as good as another.
6 Mattel JLU Solomon Grundy
This is just one solid chunk of plastic goodness. Great sculpt. Con exclusive. Must have JLU character. One of my favorite figures ever.
7 Mezco Hellboy 3 3/4 Red
Beautiful detail and sculpting for a figure in this scale.
8 Mattel 200x MOTU Ram Man
This one figure sucked me into the line. I remember I couldn't stop staring at him the day I bought him. It sat on my desk next to my computer for weeks.
9 DC Direct JLA Classified Martian Manhunter
I love the whole lot of McGuinness figures but this one stands apart. Great sculpt and style and scale. Hawkman would have won if not for being too darn big. Almost overlooked that, though.
10 Hasbro Star Wars VOTC Han Solo
Hasbro's 3 3/4" Star Wars line has set the bar really high for sculpt / detail / and articulation for the scale. Every new figure I get amazes me lately. They have packed a lot of great articulation into a small figure WITHOUT sacrificing good aesthetics.

I know this post needs pics. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

nice list, CD! I enjoy seeing everyone's opinions and point-of-view on this.

The toughest part about that blog, was narrowing everything down to just ten. Despite putting a lot of thought into it, many, many of my favorite figures missed the cut. And some of the figures on the list may not be everyone's picks, but it's tough to find figures that everyone will agree upon. We all have our favorites, and it's difficult to be objective.

I could probably do multiple blogs on this topic. You noticed the "Part 1" in the title...the next one is coming soon...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm 
ABS

Good list!

Here's mine. In no particular order:

1) 1/6 sideshow exclusive Nazi Koren....Bad freaking a$$. Well detailed, well tailored great poa. Pure win.

2) NECA Pascredero escape T-800......Beautiful sculpt. I mean look at that head its perfect! I know there is no poa under the belt but that does not bother me.

3) Marvel Studios 1/6 Punisher....This is he definitive punisher for me. Great clothing, lots of guns with a killer head sculpt with great poa. Awesome!

4) DCUC Lobo....Great sculpt and poa. I really enjoyed the real working holster and a real metal chain is awesome. Bonus!!! Dawg is included. A tough piece for me to track down but totally worth it

5) MacFarlane Robocop….In a time where MacFarlane producing statues comes Robocop. He features 16 poa and it all useful. Killer sculpt nice base easily the best MacFarlane product ever made.

6) MU Red Hulk….This guy is just too much fun! I love the paint sculpt and decent poa!!! I also enjoyed the double closed fist. No hulk figure should be without it!!!!!

7) Sota Cammy (green)….Sota totally nailed this one! Great poa and sculpt. Comes with a lot more accessories than you’d expect from a Street fighter figure.

8) DCD Hush Harley Quinn….Amazing sculpt!!! Very feminine and sexy. Best Harley figure ever!!!!

9) TF:RID Scourge….Just a great figure. It’s a repaint but the new paint really makes it pop! A great mould in the early 90’s still a great mould.

10) Mezco Hellboy movie figure….Perfect sculpt very accurate to the movie. Decent poa and great paint make this figure perfect! Mezco nailed this one 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:17 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Just to add a few more:

Mighty Muggs-SDCC Iron Man (by far my favorite Mugg. Looks great)

18" Movie Spiderman with 67 POA

Any Minimate (love the Ghostrider/Stealth Ironman pack and the facxt that they have Marvel AND DC rights!!)

Any Super Hero Squad (Mister Fantastic/Superskrull, Ant Man/Dr. Strange, etc. The whole line is great and still going strong.)

SHS Ironman/Fin Fang Foom mega pack (not to many Foom figures out there, especially one that's not a BAF, and it's kid friendly!! Plus he was only $10 when he came out, with another figure to boot!)

DCUC Green Arrow :) (I posted this list before I looked at the thread starters blog (then edited this), that 13 inch Green Arrow is really nice. I'll just leave this since I love the whole line, and I think Green Arrow is one of the best looking figures in the line.)

Transformers Unicron (just a monster of a transformer that toy collectors had been waiting a long time for...)

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm 
ABS

I've got five out of ten from the blog list.

my personal list definitely varies, of course.