Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:56 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I just thought of a few more...

Mattel's Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future: Loved both the show and toy line. The chrome paint jobs made the figures stand out very well and I really wanted this franchise to continue. I have all of the figures except for Tritor. Lots of untapped potential here, folks.

Kenner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Yeah, basically a cannibalization of classic Super Powers molds, but I believe the unproduced second series featured King Richard and a Celtic Barbarian, both of which looked mighty cool in their catalog pictures. I'm a sucker for historical figures of all sorts, even fictional ones such as Robin Hood or Ivanhoe.

Kenner's The Real West: An aborted attempt to branch out from the Butch and Sundance: The Early Days movie line. I never had any of those but I loved the western figures that companies like Kenner and Gabriel released during this time. Lots of potential to cross over with Star Wars, judging from the familiar mold used for their Western Café playset.

Remco's The Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior: I thought the Marvel comic set up a nice premise which could have done for the fantasy genre what G.I. Joe did for military/spy comics. The figures needed more time to gain a following, but Remco dropped the ball on them. Crystar, Warbow, and Feldspar were pretty neat figures and if more characters had made it to shelves, the line might have made it to cartoon syndication as Masters of the Universe did. I was sorry to see it fail.

Lanard's The CORPS: These G.I. Joe wannabes had started out in 1986, but the excellent card art and brief bios done to flesh out the characters managed to keep them in stores during G.I. Joe's 3 3/4 absence in the mid to late 90's and well into the new century. I wish Lanard hadn't retired the classic molds for guys like The Fox or Tracker Tom after that. I miss those figures. Devil's Due attempted a comic book tie-in a couple of years back, but it ended up a stillborn effort from the looks of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 am 
Unbreakable

Loved the Crystar line. Cool concept, cool characters and a TON of accessories. I can't believe the comic only lasted 11 issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Comics Spain PVC. Although they went out of business in 1996, i wish they would have made more superheroes. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

Ashxking wrote:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer. From the Palz figures to Diamond select ones

I was going to say the Buffyl Palz. Series 3 never made it out. :( They were very cool figures. I had all the Buffy figs at first, but when it became repaint repaint exclusive exclusive, I just gave up. But the Palz were great.

The Adult Swim and Aqua Teen lines were botched horribly, too bad we got almost nothing from them.

And LOTR minimates Wave 3 never came out, those were neat little figs. I wanted more DC minimates, too.

And I wish the 2002 MOTU had done better and that those figs were in stores, not online only sell out in a day more than I wanna pay figs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Well, it's looking like Mighty Muggs is going the way of the Dodo, what with the new Marvel line (Green Goblin, Ice Man, Magneto and masked Spidey) STILL not being released, even in Asia, so I'd have to go with them.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:59 am 
3 3/4"

I think Super Powers annoys me the most. When I see what was on the drawing board, mocked up, and planned, it breaks my heart. There isn't a modern cancelled line that makes me feel the same way. Though if DC Direct had continued their Crisis line from 4 years ago and made more main-line characters, I would've collected and kept them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 am 
Excelsior!

Here is one I forgot to add to my list at the end of page one (I always seem to get my posts stuck at the bottom of the page of threads :mad: ):

4. Corgi Bat Vehicles. I really, really liked this line, specifically the 1:48 scaled vehicles. They suffered from the same problems as Mattel's Hot Wheels Batman line with too many repacks of previous vehicles, but these where really well done and had neat little action features too.

I wonder if the Hot Wheels line will ever (or if they even can) get into the comic vehicles? But with what Corgi left behind, Mattel did the right thing by focusing on television properties, whether by choice or by law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:02 am 
Variant Head

TRDouble wrote:
Here is one I forgot to add to my list at the end of page one (I always seem to get my posts stuck at the bottom of the page of threads :mad: ):

4. Corgi Bat Vehicles. I really, really liked this line, specifically the 1:48 scaled vehicles. They suffered from the same problems as Mattel's Hot Wheels Batman line with too many repacks of previous vehicles, but these where really well done and had neat little action features too.

I wonder if the Hot Wheels line will ever (or if they even can) get into the comic vehicles? But with what Corgi left behind, Mattel did the right thing by focusing on television properties, whether by choice or by law.

I have the Batman set I won of Ebay in a Batman lot they are nice. I want the killer moth set !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

PBateman wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

I have the Batman set I won of Ebay in a Batman lot they are nice. I want the killer moth set !

Only 20.00 here-they have the other sets as well- usually if you order 50 or so shipping is free-- if you look around theres a code somewhere. Plus join the "club" first-- (give them your email address) and get 5% off all your orders or more.

http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/MRU ... igure.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

UncleMarsellus wrote:
I think Super Powers annoys me the most. When I see what was on the drawing board, mocked up, and planned, it breaks my heart. There isn't a modern cancelled line that makes me feel the same way.

Amen to that! Super Powers would have hit its stride and bounced back quite nicely if the fourth year had come to pass. Kenner was going to focus on popular comic characters of the time such as Deathstroke, Vigilante, and the Titans franchise. Easily the greatest loss of any canceled toy line in history that I've read about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Lt. Clutch wrote:
Easily the greatest loss of any canceled toy line in history that I've read about.

Im sorry-- that title falls to the Darkwing Duck line-- I mean- although the scale is off - but you eventually got those characters in other lines (albeit different scales)

I'm pretty sure I will never get to see a Quacker Jack or Liquidator....

(although one day I truly hoped to be proved wrong)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:05 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

stewbacca wrote:
Lt. Clutch wrote:
Easily the greatest loss of any canceled toy line in history that I've read about.

Im sorry-- that title falls to the Darkwing Duck line-- I mean- although the scale is off - but you eventually got those characters in other lines (albeit different scales)

I'm pretty sure I will never get to see a Quacker Jack or Liquidator....

(although one day I truly hoped to be proved wrong)

Yeah, I see your point regarding scale. Most collectors are happier with DCUC than any other DC line. And I wish we could have gotten those unproduced Darkwing Duck figures. They look mighty sweet...

But don't give up hope. Now that Disney and Marvel have joined as one, maybe someone will remember how ol' Drake used to be a combination of both genres and they will resurrect the franchise. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 am 
AFA Graded

STAR TREK & STAR WARS Micro Machines :wink:

SUPERMAN the animated series Not enough villains were made (No TOYMAN)

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:44 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Playmates Simpsons line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am 
3 3/4"

Lt. Clutch wrote:
But don't give up hope. Now that Disney and Marvel have joined as one, maybe someone will remember how ol' Drake used to be a combination of both genres and they will resurrect the franchise. :)

Darkwing Duck was alive and well at the Disney Hollywood Studios just last weekend. I was surprised to see him!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next