Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 am 
Wind him up, let him go

red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:
I have some MOC 2 packs (Slade and Slade Terra, Speedy and Lightening and Robin and Puppet King.) The Slade/Slade Terra are on a more blue/diecut card. Anyone have any idea how much these are worth?

Check Ebay, Amazon, BBTS and Toywiz.com for references. I think the Speedy sets used to range between $39.99 and $68.88.

But as Mom used to say... You have to do your own homework, I'm not going to be around forever!!!
:P
I have, but Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else. I always research my own prices, but these have been a bit hard to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm 
Resin

xrmc20 wrote:
I agree Red Ricky, and I like the idea of pulling TTG fans into the line. It's worth a shot. I want JLU figs for all these designs:

I would buy these. Maybe one less Slade/Terminator, but I would definitely buy one in DCAU/JLU style and one in TTG! style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 am 
Variant Head

else3573 wrote:
Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Well, they are pricey. On average they cost more than $40 dollars, each. And that's one of the reason's I've been pushing for Mattel to "back" the Titan's line. I can't help but feel it's an untapped market; and an opportunity Mattel is failing to take advantage of.

Anyways...

I think your best bet, and the easiest option right now, would be to visit one of those Borders and/or Books'a Million stores... maybe a comic book shop, and just see if they have a Price Guide available so that you can do a quick check.

I think Toyfare (and the people at Wizard Magazine) used to have a Price Guide section for Toys and Comics in their magazines... don't know if they still do, though.

Oh, and you can always check the ads and classifieds in Action Figure Review. If someone is selling them, they usually put a price range or provide a phone number.

That's the best I can do right now, so good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 am 
Wind him up, let him go

red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:
Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Well, they are pricey. On average they cost more than $40 dollars, each. And that's one of the reason's I've been pushing for Mattel to "back" the Titan's line. I can't help but feel it's an untapped market; and an opportunity Mattel is failing to take advantage of.

Anyways...

I think your best bet, and the easiest option right now, would be to visit one of those Borders and/or Books'a Million stores... maybe a comic book shop, and just see if they have a Price Guide available so that you can do a quick check.

I think Toyfare (and the people at Wizard Magazine) used to have a Price Guide section for Toys and Comics in their magazines... don't know if they still do, though.

Oh, and you can always check the ads and classifieds in Action Figure Review. If someone is selling them, they usually put a price range or provide a phone number.

That's the best I can do right now, so good luck!
Yeah, unfortunately, Toyfare never listed prices for that line, and they've since taken the price guide out completely. I have a 2009 toy price guide (as well as 2006+2007, one of the really big ones, yet it still doesn't include that line. I'm thinking of getting a Tomart subsciption, although I don;t know much about it, but I'm tired of Toyfare. Maybe Tomart has prices. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 am 
Wind him up, let him go

* I meant Terra/Slade Terra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm 
Variant Head

else3573 wrote:

Okay... I did a little research, but I'm no expert. So take the following with a grain of salt!

The reason that particular Slade/Slade Terra combo is listed as $189.88 is because that one is the ULTRA-RARE Wave 4 blue card Version. This set is rare because it was produced just before Bandai lost the license; and as a result, it was pulled from some stores and/or went on clearance in others. Obviously you can tell from the card; but FYI, it also came with a "Teen Titans collectors' playing card" and a Slade figure that had the "Mark of Trigon" on his forehead.

If you have the standard "Red Carded" Slade/Slade Terra version that came with an accessory instead of a playing card; then that set is probably worth between $39.99 and $58.88 dollars. Maybe less. You'd have to follow it on Ebay to gauge its true value.

Basically, what kills it's value is that people prefer to pay top dollar for the "red carded" Slade-Robin/Slade-Terra 2-pack over the "red carded" Slade/Slade-Terra combo on account that the Slade figure is so tiny.

Most collectors complemented their 3.5 characters with the 5 inch Slade, Cyborg, and Master of Games.

Anyways... Good Luck, and I hope I was able to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:25 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:

Okay... I did a little research, but I'm no expert. So take the following with a grain of salt!

The reason that particular Slade/Slade Terra combo is listed as $189.88 is because that one is the ULTRA-RARE Wave 4 blue card Version. This set is rare because it was produced just before Bandai lost the license; and as a result, it was pulled from some stores and/or went on clearance in others. Obviously you can tell from the card; but FYI, it also came with a "Teen Titans collectors' playing card" and a Slade figure that had the "Mark of Trigon" on his forehead.

If you have the standard "Red Carded" Slade/Slade Terra version that came with an accessory instead of a playing card; then that set is probably worth between $39.99 and $58.88 dollars. Maybe less. You'd have to follow it on Ebay to gauge its true value.

Basically, what kills it's value is that people prefer to pay top dollar for the "red carded" Slade-Robin/Slade-Terra 2-pack over the "red carded" Slade/Slade-Terra combo on account that the Slade figure is so tiny.

Most collectors complemented their 3.5 characters with the 5 inch Slade, Cyborg, and Master of Games.

Anyways... Good Luck, and I hope I was able to help you out.
This is the one I have, with the playing card on the blue back.

The other 2 carded ones I have are on the red cards (Speedy and Lightening, Robbin and Puppet King). I was going to start collecting these but got heavy into JLU back then instead. I have so many lines I collect, it's hard to keep up. Anyway, Thanks for all the info! Appreciate it greatly.

Last edited by else3573 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:41 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That Slade set looks really nice. I started collecting these a few years ago when the show first came out, but then they dried up. I found a few on clearance after that, but I have never seen a 3.5" Slade.

Is there a master list of the Bandai figures? I'd love to compare mine to see what I'm missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 am 
Variant Head

GregNYC wrote:
Is there a master list of the Bandai figures? I'd love to compare mine to see what I'm missing.

Well, since I already did the research; I might as well provide the links.

This site had the best checklist: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/teentitans/index.php

This one had the best galleries: http://tonyznet.com/titans/toys/bandai/index.html

And this one had a bunch of cool info: http://www.titansgo.net/toys.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 pm 
PVC

kevfett wrote:
Well they have started in on Titans characters with Cyborg. I bet Speedy and Starfire are seen at Toy Fair. I'm also guessing there would be a riot if they made Teen Titans characters in JLU based on the Teen Titans Go style.

And I would join that riot. The only character in the JLU line I want to see come close to Teen Titans Go is Speedy since his design in JLU is similar. And I think I speak for all guys when I say if we get a JLU Starfire, do us all a favor and make her comic accurate! If there's any comic accurate character needed in the JLU line it's Starfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

red Ricky wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was using another site, which was woefully underdeveloped. These sites are great! :D

Now I can start filling in some holes. Apparently, my collection is far from complete. I always wondered why Bandai didn't make a Slade. Turns out, I just couldn't find one. On to eBay!

BTW, that unproduced Doom Patrol set looks awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

red Ricky wrote:
GregNYC wrote:

This site had the best checklist: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/teentitans/index.php

This one had the best galleries: http://tonyznet.com/titans/toys/bandai/index.html

And this one had a bunch of cool info: http://www.titansgo.net/toys.php

whoa! I remember having all of those! I had every single one of the 3.5" figures back in the day. When I sold them after TT went off air I got around $300 for the lot. I was one happy camper! Then I got into Marvel Legends...

Anyone have pictures/remember the 5" Deluxe Starfire and Raven figures that were on display at Toy Fair one year? Those were beautiful...too bad they never got made. :(