Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 am 
Wind him up, let him go
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: Longview Wa.
red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:
I have some MOC 2 packs (Slade and Slade Terra, Speedy and Lightening and Robin and Puppet King.) The Slade/Slade Terra are on a more blue/diecut card. Anyone have any idea how much these are worth?


Check Ebay, Amazon, BBTS and Toywiz.com for references. I think the Speedy sets used to range between $39.99 and $68.88.

But as Mom used to say... You have to do your own homework, I'm not going to be around forever!!!
:P
I have, but Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else. I always research my own prices, but these have been a bit hard to find.

_________________
Plastic Crackhead...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 384
xrmc20 wrote:
I agree Red Ricky, and I like the idea of pulling TTG fans into the line. It's worth a shot. I want JLU figs for all these designs:
Image
Image


I would buy these. Maybe one less Slade/Terminator, but I would definitely buy one in DCAU/JLU style and one in TTG! style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 am 
User avatar
Variant Head
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 2105
Location: J Street
else3573 wrote:
Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else.


Well, they are pricey. On average they cost more than $40 dollars, each. And that's one of the reason's I've been pushing for Mattel to "back" the Titan's line. I can't help but feel it's an untapped market; and an opportunity Mattel is failing to take advantage of.

Anyways...

I think your best bet, and the easiest option right now, would be to visit one of those Borders and/or Books'a Million stores... maybe a comic book shop, and just see if they have a Price Guide available so that you can do a quick check.

I think Toyfare (and the people at Wizard Magazine) used to have a Price Guide section for Toys and Comics in their magazines... don't know if they still do, though.

Oh, and you can always check the ads and classifieds in Action Figure Review. If someone is selling them, they usually put a price range or provide a phone number.

That's the best I can do right now, so good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 am 
Wind him up, let him go
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: Longview Wa.
red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:
Amazon wants $189.00 for the Slade/Slade Terra pack, which I thought was insane, and I can't find it anywhere else.


Well, they are pricey. On average they cost more than $40 dollars, each. And that's one of the reason's I've been pushing for Mattel to "back" the Titan's line. I can't help but feel it's an untapped market; and an opportunity Mattel is failing to take advantage of.

Anyways...

I think your best bet, and the easiest option right now, would be to visit one of those Borders and/or Books'a Million stores... maybe a comic book shop, and just see if they have a Price Guide available so that you can do a quick check.

I think Toyfare (and the people at Wizard Magazine) used to have a Price Guide section for Toys and Comics in their magazines... don't know if they still do, though.

Oh, and you can always check the ads and classifieds in Action Figure Review. If someone is selling them, they usually put a price range or provide a phone number.

That's the best I can do right now, so good luck!
Yeah, unfortunately, Toyfare never listed prices for that line, and they've since taken the price guide out completely. I have a 2009 toy price guide (as well as 2006+2007, one of the really big ones, yet it still doesn't include that line. I'm thinking of getting a Tomart subsciption, although I don;t know much about it, but I'm tired of Toyfare. Maybe Tomart has prices. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

_________________
Plastic Crackhead...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 am 
Wind him up, let him go
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: Longview Wa.
* I meant Terra/Slade Terra

_________________
Plastic Crackhead...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm 
User avatar
Variant Head
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 2105
Location: J Street
else3573 wrote:
* I meant Terra/Slade Terra


Okay... I did a little research, but I'm no expert. So take the following with a grain of salt!

The reason that particular Slade/Slade Terra combo is listed as $189.88 is because that one is the ULTRA-RARE Wave 4 blue card Version. This set is rare because it was produced just before Bandai lost the license; and as a result, it was pulled from some stores and/or went on clearance in others. Obviously you can tell from the card; but FYI, it also came with a "Teen Titans collectors' playing card" and a Slade figure that had the "Mark of Trigon" on his forehead.

Image

If you have the standard "Red Carded" Slade/Slade Terra version that came with an accessory instead of a playing card; then that set is probably worth between $39.99 and $58.88 dollars. Maybe less. You'd have to follow it on Ebay to gauge its true value.

Basically, what kills it's value is that people prefer to pay top dollar for the "red carded" Slade-Robin/Slade-Terra 2-pack over the "red carded" Slade/Slade-Terra combo on account that the Slade figure is so tiny.

Most collectors complemented their 3.5 characters with the 5 inch Slade, Cyborg, and Master of Games.

Anyways... Good Luck, and I hope I was able to help you out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:25 pm 
Wind him up, let him go
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: Longview Wa.
red Ricky wrote:
else3573 wrote:
* I meant Terra/Slade Terra


Okay... I did a little research, but I'm no expert. So take the following with a grain of salt!

The reason that particular Slade/Slade Terra combo is listed as $189.88 is because that one is the ULTRA-RARE Wave 4 blue card Version. This set is rare because it was produced just before Bandai lost the license; and as a result, it was pulled from some stores and/or went on clearance in others. Obviously you can tell from the card; but FYI, it also came with a "Teen Titans collectors' playing card" and a Slade figure that had the "Mark of Trigon" on his forehead.

Image

If you have the standard "Red Carded" Slade/Slade Terra version that came with an accessory instead of a playing card; then that set is probably worth between $39.99 and $58.88 dollars. Maybe less. You'd have to follow it on Ebay to gauge its true value.

Basically, what kills it's value is that people prefer to pay top dollar for the "red carded" Slade-Robin/Slade-Terra 2-pack over the "red carded" Slade/Slade-Terra combo on account that the Slade figure is so tiny.

Most collectors complemented their 3.5 characters with the 5 inch Slade, Cyborg, and Master of Games.

Anyways... Good Luck, and I hope I was able to help you out.
This is the one I have, with the playing card on the blue back.

The other 2 carded ones I have are on the red cards (Speedy and Lightening, Robbin and Puppet King). I was going to start collecting these but got heavy into JLU back then instead. I have so many lines I collect, it's hard to keep up. Anyway, Thanks for all the info! Appreciate it greatly.

_________________
Plastic Crackhead...


Last edited by else3573 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:41 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1557
Location: New York City
That Slade set looks really nice. I started collecting these a few years ago when the show first came out, but then they dried up. I found a few on clearance after that, but I have never seen a 3.5" Slade.

Is there a master list of the Bandai figures? I'd love to compare mine to see what I'm missing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 am 
User avatar
Variant Head
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 2105
Location: J Street
GregNYC wrote:
Is there a master list of the Bandai figures? I'd love to compare mine to see what I'm missing.


Well, since I already did the research; I might as well provide the links.

This site had the best checklist: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/teentitans/index.php

This one had the best galleries: http://tonyznet.com/titans/toys/bandai/index.html

And this one had a bunch of cool info: http://www.titansgo.net/toys.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 pm 
PVC
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 195
kevfett wrote:
Well they have started in on Titans characters with Cyborg. I bet Speedy and Starfire are seen at Toy Fair. I'm also guessing there would be a riot if they made Teen Titans characters in JLU based on the Teen Titans Go style.


And I would join that riot. The only character in the JLU line I want to see come close to Teen Titans Go is Speedy since his design in JLU is similar. And I think I speak for all guys when I say if we get a JLU Starfire, do us all a favor and make her comic accurate! If there's any comic accurate character needed in the JLU line it's Starfire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1557
Location: New York City
red Ricky wrote:
Well, since I already did the research; I might as well provide the links.



Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was using another site, which was woefully underdeveloped. These sites are great! :D

Now I can start filling in some holes. Apparently, my collection is far from complete. I always wondered why Bandai didn't make a Slade. Turns out, I just couldn't find one. On to eBay!

BTW, that unproduced Doom Patrol set looks awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 am
Posts: 64
Location: US
red Ricky wrote:
GregNYC wrote:
Is there a master list of the Bandai figures? I'd love to compare mine to see what I'm missing.


Well, since I already did the research; I might as well provide the links.

This site had the best checklist: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/teentitans/index.php

This one had the best galleries: http://tonyznet.com/titans/toys/bandai/index.html

And this one had a bunch of cool info: http://www.titansgo.net/toys.php


whoa! I remember having all of those! I had every single one of the 3.5" figures back in the day. When I sold them after TT went off air I got around $300 for the lot. I was one happy camper! Then I got into Marvel Legends...

Anyone have pictures/remember the 5" Deluxe Starfire and Raven figures that were on display at Toy Fair one year? Those were beautiful...too bad they never got made. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: