Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 139  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2010 JLU new finds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 am 
AFA Graded

I was told this mourning that the new singles won't be in until next week at my Target.
I'm still looking for the new ones. :cry: :roll:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I had a very different experience at my target today. Listnen to this D-baggerym

I walked back to toys shortly after opening and found a team of 12 or so employees stocking the aisles. My heart jumped a little. My pace quickened and I quick stepped up to JLU only to find the same Blackhawk and Waller. An employee immediately came up to me and asked if she could help me out. I said yes, pulled out my blackberry, and fed her the #s for the singles and 3 packs. She didn't have a scanner handy so she brought me over to the carts they were stocking from and started handing me an case she could find with a Mattel stamp on it. Very cool, but not at all helpful.

Then the m$anager came over, asked what we were doing and I filled him in on my hunt for the new jlu. He asked how I knew they were out and how I got the dpcci numbers so I showed him THIS THREAD on my cel and he sneered at me. Lour resets aren't until next week or so and Targets policy is to not get figures for customers out of the back."

I told him I understood that but reportd showed that other stores were and I would gladly take the whole case (for trades here).

"I'll be sure to report those other areas. Thanks for the tip. You can check back after we finish our resets in 2 weeks or so. Thanks for your interest and shopping at Target." At which point he handed me back my cel, grabbed all the carts with action figure cases on them and pulled the reset team off the floor.

Like I said at the top, total D-baggery

How exactly can we complain about something like this?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 am 
3 3/4"

I was able to snag Barda and New Aquaman they did not have the case with Firestorm and Deadshot at all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Variant Head

Anybody need Deadshot and FIrestorm ?? I left one of each at the MEtheun MA Target store. THey were overly nice got the case and jokingly said " You sure you do not want Batman" "Look this one is a different color". Hope somebody who needs them finds them. But this is case # 4 in my area that has the Deadshot Firestorm mix.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 am 
Aspires to be #1

Wow B I'm sorry to hear about that experience. I had quite the opposite one this morning. I went to my closest Target after seeing that they had singles in stock and I went up to guest services and asked the guy if he could check for something in the back because I couldn't find it on the floor (obviously). He radioed to the back and they brought out a case of singles and let me pick and choose what I wanted. No hassle at all.

Also I can now report that the other case packout looks like this

2 Green Arrow
2 Barda
2 Star Sapphire
2 Aquaman
4 Batman (all Black with blue inside cape)

For anyone wondering, I did pick up some extras but they are spoken for already. Also this Target had another box of 12, probably the same figures but there should be plenty to go around when the pegs finally go up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 am 
shirtless hugger

Based on PBateman's and j1h15233's findings, this is how the two cases break down:

2x Green Arrow
2x Big Barda
2x Star Sapphire
2x Aquaman
4x Batman (all Black with blue inside cape)

2x John Stewart (wave 3)
2x Batman (wave 3?)
4x Batman (black deco)
2x Deadshot
2x Firestorm

Now, there was no Batman in wave 3, so it is either the Wonder Pig (wave 2) version, or it is the "new" dark blue and gray version with batarang (originally wave 4).

I have a request for those who see the physical cases during their hunts: Can you provide me with the assortment letter for the two mixes listed above? That is, of course, provided these cases are identified in that manner; I've seen Target cases without standard manufacturer markings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 am 
Aspires to be #1

It's the same Batman as Wonder Pig if the Toy Fair pictures are correct but he has a Batarang instead. Apparently they're trying to get 3 different Batman looks out at once. The Barda case pack out is certainly more collector friendly though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 am 
AFA Graded

I have a CHEETAH 3-pack and I need some new singles. Want to trade people?

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 pm 
Wonderdog

Anyone know if Target will let you buy an entire case? I'm tired of fooling around.... :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:13 pm 
Aspires to be #1

GLsector666 wrote:
Anyone know if Target will let you buy an entire case? I'm tired of fooling around.... :evil:

They would have let me this morning. They just brought out the box and let me take whatever I wanted in there. If I had taken the whole box they would not have cared.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I have bought whole cases in the past from Target. Back when there were times when whole cases were new (or mostly new). I think it was 3 packs though

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I was able to get two Deadshots and two Firestorms this AM from the Colonie Target. So I have one of each to trade. I am looking for:
Batman (all Black with blue inside cape)
Aquaman (STAS with trident)
Star Sapphire
Big Barda
Green Arrow (show accurate)

Please PM me, anyone, if you are interested

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Quote:
How exactly can we complain about something like this?

Its not exactly the policy that I am complaining about, more so the snotty attitude and absolute opposite of customer service that got me riled up.

The look on his face was of sheer disgust and he was pulling all new stock back into the store room out of spite, there was still plenty of work to be done.

An up side to the story is that I stopped by a different Target this afternoon and started with a stock manager there (he initiated by asking how he could help me). When I told him the story of what happened this morning at another local Target he just rolled his eyes, said something aobut that store's customer satisfaction numbers being a joke, and went in the back and pulled out the case they had. He confirmed that the "street date" is the 28th ("but its not 'locked' so I can scan them in to inventory and sell them now") and he would rather have a guest get what they came in for and leave happy than snub one "for policies sake".

Truly a much different experience and I have sent 2 letters off to corporate. One to say how upset I am at the treatment I received at the 1st store, and another to say how completely satisfied I am with the 2nd.

For those that are interested, it was the Firestorm (who ROCKS, by the way) case so I left everything but the 1 figure I wanted ($8.99! oy! :cry: ) behind. After finishing my conversation with this manager I thanked him again for his assistance, told him that he would definately be seeing me more often and shook his hand in parting. He was really paying attention too because he said goodbye using my name which I never told him, but he must have gotten off the card I used to pay.

Now I need an Aquaman, and Metallo and I am back to caught up (at least until the end of the week anyways ...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

abuddah wrote:
I was able to get two Deadshots and two Firestorms this AM from the Colonie Target. So I have one of each to trade. I am looking for:
Batman (all Black with blue inside cape)
Aquaman (STAS with trident)
Star Sapphire
Big Barda
Green Arrow (show accurate)

Please PM me, anyone, if you are interested

Figures are claimed, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 pm 
Damage Control

Stopped at a Target in The Colony, Texas. Punched in the magic code. Got a "stockroom: yes" answer. Found a very helpful young man that brought out the full contents of the Aquaman case. I selected enough for me and a buddy. Got to the cashier. The damned things wouldn't ring up. I told them the price. A manager got involved. Nobody knew the magic code. I provided it. And then they took them away from me and said I'd have to come back Sunday. I left with nothing but vengeance in my heart.

All this at the end of a really lousy day. I am displeased with Mattel's choice of retailer.

C.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 139  Next