Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: STAR TREK Retro SPOCK Question & other OPIONS on DST "Megos"
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 pm 
Knows his stuff

1st. I have a questions about the DST RETRO Cloth: STAR TREK - SPOCK Mego-like doll:

? #1. Does Your Retro SPOCK fig have GOLD or SILVER Rank Bands on the sleeves ????

---the reason why I ask: I just started getting this COLLECTION within the past 2 weeks (yes I decided I HAD 2 have these since Megos were my favorite toys as a very young kid. I of course am impulsive & Obsessive-Compulsive w/ my toy collecting & have ALMOST Finished all 7 Waves, as well as doubles to keep MIB on almost all of them (& SADLY Triples on some aliens: Klingons & Andorians to open 2 to take on the CREW. I decided to pick which ones I would open & which have better packages to stay MIB. I was comparing the 2 SPOCKS 2 see 1 had SILVER rank bands matching McCoy's, & 1 Spock had GOLD like the other Crew members. So i tried to look @ the back of the box, pics on the net, & it is actually hard 2 tell what they are supposed to be.
---so finally i come across the mego musuem & they state in the ACESSORIES Check: EMCE uses the same shirt 4 McCoy & Spock having SILVER Rank Bands. I tried to look at STOS pics to see how they are on the show, again hard 2 tell.
---so i really wonder which is Rarer - to keep MIB?
?#2

Post subject: Re: STAR TREK Retro SPOCK Question & other OPIONS on DST "Megos"
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm 
Knows his stuff

hey ? #2 has 2 do w/ the upcomming 2010 waves of Retro DST "mego" figs: Green Orion Slave Girl & Christopher Pike & the SALT VAMPIRE & Nurse Chapel. I'm betting the actual figs will look WAY better than the 1 pic i saw somewhere. I JUST started this collection & i only need CHERON & KHAN. I JUSTIFIED buying these to myself & my better 1/2 that "they don't even make these anymore so i won't get crazy like the other Toy lines I collect!" the funny thing is, I wished they made more, thinking about YEOMAN RAND & other aliens re-releases thinking it was impossible because i believe Sulu / Gorn came out in 2008 so I thought 4 sure the line was dead. then last night while looking up the Spock: GOLD / SILVER rank thing i found the pics from 2010 NY Toyfair !!!!! hope they make more !!!!

Post subject: Re: STAR TREK Retro SPOCK Question & other OPIONS on DST "Megos"
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm 
Daniel Pickett

The four new figures shown at Toy Fair were prototypes that had not been approved by the licensor yet. There was a sign saying "No Photography" in front of them so where ever you saw those pictures they ignored the sign.

They will be improved upon before the release.

Post subject: Re: STAR TREK Retro SPOCK Question & other OPIONS on DST "Me
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 am 
serves the Otter

JLU-4-me wrote:
1st. I have a questions about the DST RETRO Cloth: STAR TREK - SPOCK Mego-like doll:

? #1. Does Your Retro SPOCK fig have GOLD or SILVER Rank Bands on the sleeves ????

---the reason why I ask: I just started getting this COLLECTION within the past 2 weeks (yes I decided I HAD 2 have these since Megos were my favorite toys as a very young kid. I of course am impulsive & Obsessive-Compulsive w/ my toy collecting & have ALMOST Finished all 7 Waves, as well as doubles to keep MIB on almost all of them (& SADLY Triples on some aliens: Klingons & Andorians to open 2 to take on the CREW. I decided to pick which ones I would open & which have better packages to stay MIB. I was comparing the 2 SPOCKS 2 see 1 had SILVER rank bands matching McCoy's, & 1 Spock had GOLD like the other Crew members. So i tried to look @ the back of the box, pics on the net, & it is actually hard 2 tell what they are supposed to be.
---so finally i come across the mego musuem & they state in the ACESSORIES Check: EMCE uses the same shirt 4 McCoy & Spock having SILVER Rank Bands. I tried to look at STOS pics to see how they are on the show, again hard 2 tell.
---so i really wonder which is Rarer - to keep MIB?
?#2

I don't know which Spock is supposed to have (never followed Star Trek enough to care) but I can tell you that whichever is the "wrong" color is probably rarer. The first few batches were wrong and later they corrected it. I assume that the one with the wrong color is worth more, unless they made more of it. I generally like the DST Mego figures but they aren't the best Mego body IMO.