Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ghostbusters 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:54 pm 
An Insider

Found this on ENI news
Heeb Magazine caught up with Harold Ramis and talked with him about his career of movies including "Animal House", "Back To School", "Club Paradise", "Groundhog Day", "Stripes" and "Ghostbusters".

The big question asked of Ramis is what is going on with the next installment of "Ghostbusters"?

Something’s going to happen. Dan [Aykroyd] did write a spec GB3 screenplay a few years ago, but no one was motivated to pursue it. Now, 25 years after the original, there seems to be some willingness to proceed and apparently a substantial public appetite for a sequel. We’ll introduce some new young Ghostbusters, and all the old guys will be in it, too. Think Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future ... GB3 is progressing with plans to shoot next summer and release in 2011 …

So hopefully Harold Ramis keeps to his word and we will be seeing the next Ghosterbusters sometime in 2011...

Link to News ->http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=16474
Link to Heeb blog -> http://www.heebmagazine.com/blog/view/2471

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

if bill murray isn't in this and in it 100%, it will be a piece of doo doo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:01 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Well bill Murray seemed to enjoy being a ghostbuster in zombieland. So hopefully it's a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 am 
An Insider

Found 2 articles on this - Newer then Older

1st One Dated - 1/13/2010 - Ivan Reitman Confirms He'll Direct Ghostbusters 3
At least one part of the speculation over Ghostbusters 3 has been settled. When MTV asked Ivan Reitman last night if he would be directing the sequel, he gave them a direct and unequivocal "Yes."

As for everything else, well that's still up for debate. Reitman confirmed that The Office writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky have turned in another draft of the screenplay, and "We are working our way through another draft... good work is being done and all of us have our fingers crossed." He wouldn't comment, though, on the spoilerific details that Sigourney Weaver dropped during the Avatar press tour. Presumably we won't really know anything for sure until the screenplay is finished, but at least with Reitman officially on board, we know the franchise will stay in the good hands it started with (yes, we're forgetting My Super Ex-Girlfriend for the time being).

2nd one Dated - 12/11/2009 - Sigourney Weaver Drops Huge Ghostbusters 3 Spoilers

Doing press overseas for her latest giant movie that everyone wants to see, Sigourney Weaver dropped some details about what might be the next one. Talking about Avatar over in the UK, Weaver said that the script for Ghostbusters 3 is on its way to her, and may even have a part in it.

"I don’t know if I’m going to be in it, I have had a couple of calls asking ‘would you read the script," she told Channel4.com. "I know that my little son Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster."

She even had details about Bill Murray's role in the film, which isn't exactly the godfather to current ghostbusters that we were expecting. "I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it - he’s a ghost."

Whoah! Way to drop a bomb, Sigourney! All these developments sound fine to me-- why not use kids from the earlier films to build the next generation of ghostbusters? And if Bill Murray doesn't want a major role in the movie, why not kill him and allow him to mess with the new class? I'm no Ghostbusters purist, though--any die-hards want to complain about this?

(Hat tip to Movieline for tracking down the story)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I think Oscar as a new Ghostbuster is the best way they could have begun the "usher in a new generation" concept and the best way they could pretend like Ghostbusters 2 was relevant to the franchise at all. As for Peter being a ghost, yes, I think that's amazing. From both the studio and cinema sides of the film, unless they just royally f this up, i feel like GB3 is gonna be as clever as the first. And now knowing this, I will not return to this thread until after the movie comes out, because I don't want to know any more about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

D Added to Ghostbusters 3

Next up: Dogs and cats living together.

by Scott Collura

January 21, 2010 - We are living in a post-Avatar world, which means that every franchise from a diddly-eyed-Joe to damned-if-I-know is going the 3D route now. And if you happen to be the third film in a franchise, then all the better.

The point being, Ghostbusters 3D? Kind of a no-brainer.

MarketSaw has word from one of their sources, whose friend's cousin's best-man's pallbearer works at an effects house and says that the long-awaited sequel will in fact be a 3D adventure.

They have no other details on the matter, so regard this as rumor for now. But like we said, this isn't much of a surprise if it's true.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I like the angle of using Oscar as the recognizable/connection point for the next Gen. It would be great to see him and maybe the child of Louis and Janine (the brash, cocky, out-going and the brainy, clumsy, intelligent one), it could be the foundation for some great comedic moments.

Also, B. Murray as a ghost ... awesome. We know he has the chops to pull off someone who is dead, and doesn't want to be, and therefore goes out of his way to get the new class to figure out the hows and whys and give him the "happily ever after" that he will be demanding.

Things are looking good right now, me thinks.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Part of me is looking so forward to this and part of me is really dreading it, I mean how many sequels take this long and actually turn out good?... That said, a lot is going to be riding on how good the script is and even more is going to be riding on who gets cast as the next generation of 'busters. I know that Ben Stiller's name has been thrown around a lot with this project but I really hope that doesn't happen (plus he's obviously way too old if going for a character that would be age-comparable to Oscar). This really needs actors who can do comedy and not stand-ups turned actors. Would also be nice if they could balance out the personalities and not have the type of super-ego character that Venkman was in the originals (if he's in this one that's *his* part). Not sure who would really work without knowing the personality types the writers are looking for but I could see Seth Green, Zooey Deschenel or DJ Qualls as being interesting within the concept... (yeah, I know they're all a bit old, too, but I don't want to see John Heder or Michael Cena anywhere near this...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Jim_Abell wrote:
how many sequels take this long and actually turn out good?...

Rocky Balboa was pretty good, considering how terrible it could have been. ESPECIALLY considering how bad every Rocky movie since 3 has been. I heard John Rambo was pretty good too, and I would watch every Goldie Hawn movie ever made back to back before I watch 10 minutes of Rambo 2 or 3 again. Just sayin'

Quote:
Ben Stiller's name
...makes me angry. I will never see this if he is involved in any way.

Quote:
...Michael Cena anywhere near this...)
if you mean Michael Cera, i agree, although, Budget Michael Cera (i can't remember/never bothered to learn his name) from Adventureland and Zombieland might be a good nerd relief character. He's got more of a "i'm totally awkward but I'm going to make this work" attitude, where as Actual Michael Cera is more like "I'm totally awkward and isn't it funny how nothing works out for me until the end when it just all works itself out?" Of course, if Budget Michael Cera is in it, they might have to change the name of the movie to Ghosbusters3land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bill Murray Confirms Ghostbusters 3 Spoiler

Source:comingsoon.net

February 8, 2010

When Sigourney Weaver was traveling the world promoting Avatar, she dropped a possible big spoiler about Bill Murray's character in Ghostbusters 3. Many doubted what she said, but it looks like she was right on the money as Murray said the exact same thing to Mail Online.

The following contains spoilers you may not want to know before you see the movie.

Spoiler: show
In the December interview, Weaver said: "I know that my little son, Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster," adding, "I might be in it and I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don't think I will have a big part in it. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it - he might be a ghost."

And in the new interview, Murray says: "I'll come back in Ghostbusters III only if I get to be a ghost. I said to them, 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.' So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film."

Mike
(Image)

Post subject: Re: Ghostbusters 3 Will Be Released In 2011 (as of now)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bill Murray Talks Ghostbusters 3 on Letterman

Source:shocktillyoudrop.com

March 1, 2010

Bill Murray just wrapped an appearance on the David Letterman show and yet again, the subject of Ghostbusters 3 came up. As usual, the same talk came up; he'll do it if they kill him off in the first reel and that's exactly how they'd get him to commit to do it. However, on the status of the movie he says "it's just crazy talk." Is he being serious about any of this Ghostbusters 3 talk?

He also tells a funny story about working on the Ghostbusters video game. Watch him in all his sarcastic glory below!

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:28 pm 
Santos L. Halper

You gotta love Bill Murray. What the hell is wrong with his leg, though?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

He wore THAT outfit, the one he stole off a Tranny Gypsy, and you are questioning his LEG?!?!?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:30 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

I was at the taping, I totally missed out on breaking this story! I was pretty busy afterward. Bill Murray was hilarious, and I geeked out when the Ghostbusters conversation started. I am not excited for this film however and hope it gets scrapped!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm 
Santos L. Halper

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
He wore THAT outfit, the one he stole off a Tranny Gypsy, and you are questioning his LEG?!?!?

LOL! Well, I live in Miami and see that type of thing on South Beach all the time, so sue me, OK? :D