Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New to this...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:32 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I have been a comic reader all my life and have always loved playing around with action figures, but I have never been a collector in any sense of the word. I just found 4 or 5 boxes of action figures that my dad bought a long time ago and I have had a hard time finding any information about their worth or rarity or anything about them really.

They are various Marvel action figures from Toy Biz made in '93 and '94. They are from diseparate series from the "Marvel Super Heroes", "X-Men", and "X-Men: X-Force" lines.

They don't have many points of articulation, but some have some nice accessories and removable clothes (the sheer amount of guns given to the Punisher made me laugh). Does anyone have any information about these figures?

Post subject: Re: New to this...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:17 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

If you could get some pics up or links to pics elsewhere on the web, we could, collectively, be of much more help for you.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Sorry for the time between posting. I was going to take pictures but I can't find my camera...

Heres some stuff I found around the web:

Image I think this is a rerelease (with some knives added) of the Gabit figure I have

Image this is actually a pic from this forum I found with a google search and not through the forum search... I have all 3 of those except annihilus (and a TON of different Cables... I guess he was popular on the animated series... I should rewatch it...)

Image I have all sorts of wolverines from the early 90's Toy Biz lines... One in a gold suit, 2 in blue suits with comic cdroms, a "plain clothes" one, old suit, yellow suit, and I believe an out of package Albert (anyone remember the weird clone thing from the comic?)

Image My sister adored this figure when we were little. She had this, a Juggernaut, and a Sabertooth. I had Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and *ahem* Rogue and Storm >_>. My Brother had a BUNCH more of the Marvel Toy Biz than we did... The Thing, Hulk, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Cable, Long Shot, Four Arm... Oh yeah,I had A few Morlocks and A Mojo as well. I remember my sister had the giant Sentinel that broke apart too. And my Dad would stage huge battles between us (He had Prof X and Magneto of course). I actually just found a box with one unopened Magneto and one unopened Prof X.

And I just found one of these! Unopened!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I remember loving that Neo-Classic Iron Man when he first appeared on the shelves. It was cool to see him with a removable helmet although the armor was nothing to write home about.

For its time though, it rocked. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

wow, that ironan pic is supposed to be Sauron, the mind-controlling pterradactyl man from the savage land... although I do have a quick change Iron Man MIB...