Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Art Asylum's Classic Star Trek
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:36 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Guys like Donster might know more about these since I asked a similar question not too long ago. I believe these might be taller than the originals but I'm not sure for certain.

I haven't picked any of the new two-packs up so you might want to do a Google search first. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:42 pm 
Knows his stuff

Hmm, thanks. From what I've seen, you can buy the singles all off Star Trek's official website for a fairly reasonable price, but BBTS has a full set of the two-packs quite cheap. Most other websites I've checked only have the stock product messages that don't actually tell you anything. :roll:

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

These re-issues are the same size as the original AA's I have all the original AA, and have picked up a few re-issues to do customs, and they aren't taller. DST has the original AA molds so they just did another run.

I didn't pick up any two packs, but I do think the accessories may be slightly different. Sites like BBTS have the entire basic single card re-issues for a good price, and if you catch them on a site sale you can get them for a super price!

The big disappointment with the re-issues is that they didn't do a Chekov, and it doesn't look like they ever will :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

Thanks for the information, Gothneo! That's good to know. I've been waffling around about the figures for a while, and BBTS does have a good chunk of them.

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:48 am 
MINT!

Does anyone know if DST ever released the final wave of TOS figures (Kirk in off-duty shirt, Romulan Centurion, and Scotty)? I’ve seen pre-sales on eBay and on seller who claims to have them in hand, but never saw them on the “new releases” list from Diamond. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 am 

jcburk wrote:
Does anyone know if DST ever released the final wave of TOS figures (Kirk in off-duty shirt, Romulan Centurion, and Scotty)? I’ve seen pre-sales on eBay and on seller who claims to have them in hand, but never saw them on the “new releases” list from Diamond. Thanks!

Yes! these are out now! I purchased two full sets (1 case) and an extra Romulan from BBTS.com

They have them in stock and ready to ship! NFC had an issue with customs and theirs were delayed, but they will be shipping soon too!

oh, and I don't think they are available from diamond directly, which means I don't think your LCS can order them... they made them available through select online retailers only... AFX, EE, NFC and BBTS I think are are your only places to get them.

I checked BBTS a few days ago and they appear to have about 27 sets left for sale.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:18 am 
MINT!

Thanks Goth! I ordered mine from DCBS when it was offered through Previews. Can't decide if they will be able to fill the order or not. Decisions, Decisions....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 pm 

Well... I certainly could be wrong about the LCS orders!

I do know that DST didn't put this wave up for pre-order directly on their site like they typically do...

I think the deal with the wave was that DST had paid for the tooling and TRU backed out of the wave, so DST offered them up to retailers that would buy part of the a lot... am assuming... and I could be wrong here, that means that basically DST got the production cash for a specific number of cases from everyone the singed up and this will be all thats done.

That would be different from the way Diamond normally works with an LCS.. so if DCBS actually placed an order with Diamond, then I think you'll get them, but if they are are assuming that Diamond has some for distribution, I don't think you'll get you order filled...

Is there someone you can ask at DCBS?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 pm 

Oh hey... some picts of mine...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 am 
MINT!

Goth,

Good suggestion! I dropped DCBS an e-mail on this previously, and they got back to me today. Apparently there was an error, and my case is coming out with my last shipment.

Thanks for the pics! I am looking forward to the Kirk & Romulan. I just with this and the BSG line were continuing.

Peace,

JC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 pm 
5" Scale

Here are pics of the Romulan Kirk 2 pack and Romulan Centurian. Sorry if some of the pics are blurry, but most of them turned out ok. Best likeness of Shatner I've seen, came out really well. Kind of wish they'd do both Romulan Commanders, but that is probable just a pipe dream :|

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Does anyone know if DST will ever release the Rand and Chappel figures?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 am 

Well, DST, never likes to say never, but it doesn't look good. Currently the line is on hold, so the short answer is "no", but they have said that they are trying to find ways to to release the final figures they showed. They are watching the sales numbers on the last wave (the one that TRU backed out of) and in the last Q&A, DST Chuck said that the sales were good enough that they didn't decide to completely nix any future product... but the line is still on hold.

I really really wanted those last two characters, and then I would have felt my TOS line was complete. So I'm holding out hope!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 pm 
serves the Otter

After sitting among my BBTS pre-orders for 2+ years, BBTS has finally cancelled the Rand/Chapel/Kirk/McCoy wave. No big surprise there. Guess that's the final nail in the coffin of hoping we'll ever get these wonderful figures. :(

And with that, I'm done with DST. First they cancelled several great Buffy/Angel figures a few years back, and then they cancelled all these Trek figures (Rand wave, Borg wave, the other 2-packs, etc.). DST is no longer producing any products I care to own, so I'm somewhat relieved to be done with that company.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:50 am 

Yep, mine was canceled finally also.

I have to agree, its tough to be carried along like that for years, but I still like the role play they do, so if they do any more Trek Tek, I'll buy 'em, but I've moved on to trying to make some customs of Rand & Chapel to finish off my TOS line.