Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The Wolverine
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wolverine 2 to Film in 2011

Source:superherohype.com

January 8, 2010

Scooper 'Narrows101' pointed us to the People's Choice Awards 2010 website where you can find a video of Hugh Jackman, who won "Favorite Action Star," talking briefly about Wolverine 2.

In the video titled 'Hugh Jackman Backstage,' Jackman first says that he's going to shoot the Shawn Levy-directed Real Steel this summer, followed by this: "Wolverine's going to be back. He's going to Japan. We shoot that probably in a year, year-and-a-half, something like that."

Considering the 2011 shoot, we guess that they'll be eyeing a summer 2012 release.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject: Re: Wolverine 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wolverine 2 to Start Filming in January?

Source:superherohype.com

March 3, 2010

Showbiz 411 is reporting that Wolverine 2 is gearing up to start filming next January.

The Blog from The Hollywood Reporter says that Christopher McQuarrie (Valkyrie, The Usual Suspects) has finished the script for the sequel that will be set in Japan. A director is not on board yet.

Showbiz 411 writes:

Based on a story cycle by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont, Wolverine's adventures in martial arts will be a love story featuring a Japanese actress, I am told. "It's a beautiful story," says a source, "and will be very different than the first film."

20th Century Fox has not set a release date for the film yet.

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:14 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Let's hope so. The first one sucked.

The original Wolverine mini-series is a classic, so the movie has potential.

Maybe.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will Liev Schreiber Return for Wolverine 2?

Source:SuperHeroHype

March 9, 2010

It was recently reported that Christopher McQuarrie (Valkyrie, The Usual Suspects) had finished the script for Wolverine 2 and that it will start filming next January.

Liev Schreiber, who played Victor Creed/Sabretooth in the first film, told SuperHeroHype today that he had dinner with Hugh Jackman last night and Jackman told him he has read the first draft of the script for the sequel.

Schreiber said he doesn't know if Sabertooth will be returning because the character is not in the Japan storyline. He hopes he comes back because he likes the character but seemed unsure and nothing's definite.

Mike
(Image Image)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Cotton Weary Won't Scream Again

Probably not Sabretooth either.

July 12, 2010

by Scott Collura

Talking to Liev Schreiber at the Salt junket this past weekend in Washington, D.C., was an odd experience -- he looks so much like my old high-school buddy Rob that it's uncanny. The actor also looks a lot like another old friend of many of ours, the one and only Cotton Weary from the Scream franchise. That's because he played the guy in the first three Scream movies... though don't look for him in the currently shooting fourth film.

"Cotton is dead!" says Schreiber. "I know, I keep reading on the Internet that I'm doing Scream 4, but I don't know where that comes from. No one ever told me I was doing Scream 4. No one ever mentioned anything to me."

Of course, Cotton did finally buy it at the hands of the Ghostface killer (not Ghostface Killah) in the third film. But what about Schreiber's other popular genre character who is still alive and well as far as we know -- X-Men's Sabretooth? Will he show up in the planned Wolverine sequel?

"It's not in my hands," says the actor. "It's a studio thing. People liked the character, it seemed like people liked the character. And I'd love to do it again, but I think the storyline that they're going to go with is in Japan. I think part of it, I don't know -- I try not to second-guess the studios, but I feel like sometimes when they make a sequel they have to have a new villain. I haven't even seen the script."

Well, that sounds like a no, doesn't it? Hey, maybe Fox will cast my buddy Rob as the new villain instead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:23 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jackman Drops Movie to Train for Wolverine 2?

by SuperHeroHype

Aug 17th, 2010

Reportedly will start getting in shape in late fall

Hugh Jackman has opted not to appear in the upcoming Avon Man so that he can start getting in shape in late fall for Wolverine 2, reports Deadline.

Written by Christopher McQuarrie and concentrating on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, Wolverine 2 does not have a release date yet.

Filming is expected to get underway in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am 

Until they decide to go the R-rated route, Wolverine's movie appearances will continue to be mere shadows of the real character.

The best non-comic Wolverine appearance?

Hulk vs.

Nuff said. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 am 
5" Scale

I guess this is where I differ from most comic fans. I don't necessarily want to see what I've read on the silver screen. There have been exceptions like Watchmen and 300, but even WM was massage a bit from the source material. I want to watch something that is going to entertain me and that my wife, the general audience, isn't going to roll her eyes over. As far as the rating, because Hasbro has the rights to the toys, I don't know if they'll up the rating to a R :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Until they stop doing ill-conceived stories like the 1st Wolverine movie, I don't care if it's X-rated (get it, X-rated, never mind... :lol:) I'm still not going to see it. If they're going to stray ridiculously far from the source material, then it better damn well be good. Great even. That first installment was horrible in my opinion.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 pm 
The Last Word

Shellhead wrote:
The best non-comic Wolverine appearance?

Hulk vs.

Can't argue with that.

The_Donster wrote:
As far as the rating, because Hasbro has the rights to the toys, I don't know if they'll up the rating to a R :?

Hasbro has no input whatsoever on anything like that. They won't make an R-rated movie because it would make less money at the box office.

alcinde4 wrote:
Until they stop doing ill-conceived stories like the 1st Wolverine movie, I don't care if it's X-rated (get it, X-rated, never mind... :lol:) I'm still not going to see it. If they're going to stray ridiculously far from the source material, then it better damn well be good. Great even. That first installment was horrible in my opinion.

I paid to see X-Men in a theater, so I waited for the X2 DVD. That was a substantial improvement over the first, so I paid to see the third movie, despite Brett Ratner. That was the last time Fox will ever get me to buy a ticket to see X-anything from their studio. I caught X-Men Origins: Wolverine out of Redbox for a buck, and even that felt like wasted money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm 
active in the community

You paid a dollar for that :lol:? And didn't get any change back? I know I'm dating myself, but I think Ishtar was a better movie :roll:.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm 
The Last Word

It was a better movie!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:32 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

anti-matterequation wrote:
I know I'm dating myself, but I think Ishtar was a better movie :roll:.

Oh my god!! I just threw up in my mouth a little. How dare you speak of that!!

Caped Crusader wrote:
It was a better movie!

Sad, but too true :lol: :lol:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm 

Heck, Highlander 2: The Quickening was a better movie!

Okay, it wasn't, but not by much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm 
5" Scale

Ah CC, how I've missed your posts. I didn't say that Hasbro had any input, but when it comes to marketing things, the powers that be aren't going to alienate their target audience either, which is kids. Sorry you guys didn't like it. While the first half was the best, I don't think it was as bad you think. Oh, and Highlander: The Quickening is far worse than Wolverine: Origins and I'm a big Highlander fan :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next