Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Megator would definitely be a welcome addition. I would crumpledung him up in a heartbeat. That's of course, assuming that he's not gone in a heartbeat :roll:. But I still need to get Battle Cat.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:53 pm 
Resin

alcinde4 wrote:
But I still need to get Battle Cat.

Haha, me too! :lol: Seriously...it's been forever and the price still hasn't gone down to a reasonable number on eBay.

This would be the greatest toy tiger ever made though if they made him...

Last edited by GoldBlade6 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Guys... um,... the tiger's name isn't Megator... The seller just put "Megator" in the title to pull in more traffic. This is Megator... (and current eBay auction for one -- all I can say is "WOW!", this guy has a goldmine!)

That tiger is a beautiful figure, I've never seen good photos of the original colors before, thanks of the link. I don't really expect that there will be many (if any at all) normal, Earth-colored animals in MOTUC, though. We know that Panthor is coming and Battle Lion's name has been tossed around a bit (King Grayskull's mount, a green lion) and there's always Clawdeen and Cringer, though I think those last two would need a new body.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 am 
Knows his stuff

I've never heard of Megator. Based on those pictures, he looks like a decent reuse of Tytus, though. :o

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:21 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Sekmet wrote:
I've never heard of Megator. Based on those pictures, he looks like a decent reuse of Tytus, though. :o

From what I've read, Megator and Tytus were only released in Italy. There were three more giants featured in one of the 200x episodes (there may have been more, I still need to finish out the second half of the series), they might be under consideration for re-using those parts as well...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:38 am 

Thanks Jim. I stand corrected. I would still love to see a "normal colored" tiger incorporated into the line in some way. Especially for King Grayskull or even Vikor. They're both more Earthly looking characters, so I don't think that particular tiger would be a stretch. Maybe if it were a sabertooth tiger?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Battle Cat mold would look great in real tiger coloration (did you, by chance, see the Scareglow-style digital custom Noisy did some time back?), but I just don't see Mattel going that direction... Now, if they were to launch a Big Jim Classics line... :wink: My suggestion if you *really* want to have a normal color tiger is to buy another Battle Cat (or two) when he gets re-issued and re-paint him yourself. Even if Mattel were to make one, it would still be at least 15-16 months out as we already know all of the beasts (unless there's one for SDCC) for 2011 already -- Shadow Beast, Panthor and Royal Swiftwind -- it's just the 2011 army builder pack and the vehicle that are still a mystery for anything over the $20 price point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 am 

No, I have not seen Noisy's custom. I'll have to check that out. I didn't really see Mattel going in that direction either, as most of the color schemes for MOTU Classics are slanted more in the garish direction.

I have no idea who or what Big Jim is. I guess that's something else I'll have to research. Getting a BattleCat and repainting him would be a great idea, if I could actually get a BattleCat. I honestly don't foresee it being any easier the second time around, unless the production numbers are equal to, or (preferably) greater than the first run.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:36 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Big Jim: 9" tall action figure meant to position against Hasbro's GI Joe Adventure Team in the 70s. Many, many accessories in the original US line were shared with Barbie despite the scale differences. I know that the original Battle Cat/Panthor, the falcons, the prototype Gygor and Beast Man's whip can all be traced back to the Big Jim line (there may be more). The original pitch sculpt that became the Masters of the Universe line was sculpted over a Big Jim figure, as well. I just Googled this site, which seems to have a good selection of photos, but I can't speak to the accuracy of the info... http://www.ebigjim.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:11 pm 
shirtless hugger

Jim_Abell wrote:
Now, if they were to launch a Big Jim Classics line... :wink:

I would be all over that. I loved my Big Jim when I was a kid. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:22 pm 

I feel kind of odd because I have no memory of Big Jim as a kid. Like I was in some sort of time warp or something. I'm 36 (37 in a couple months) so I should be old enough to remember it. I just don't. Were there any commercials?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 pm 
shirtless hugger

I don't remember commercials, but I do remember flexing Big Jim's arm, which popped the band wrapped around his bicep.

I was easily amused as a child.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:41 am 
Loose, Missing Package

alcinde4 wrote:
Were there any commercials?

Yeah, at least for the pre-P.A.C.K. figures, don't remember any for the P.A.C.K. but that could just be a faulty memory. I would think that there would be a few on YouTube. I know that there were ones for Big Jim, Big Josh, Big Jeff and Dr. Steel, not sure about Big Jack.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 am 
Damage Control

Jim_Abell wrote:
We know that Panthor is coming and Battle Lion's name has been tossed around a bit (King Grayskull's mount, a green lion) and there's always Clawdeen and Cringer, though I think those last two would need a new body.

Nope - Clawdeen will use the same body as Battle-Cat & Panthor. They've said so - also, Clawdeen is a large mount. When the Princess of Power line was in the early stages, Clawdeen was actually a magenta repainted (possibly re-flocked) Battle-Cat/Panthor. This is seen on the recently diescovered U-Matics video. Hopefully, when Clawdeen is released, she'll have her uniquely sculpted saddle, so Catra can ride her.

Cringer would be a smaller body. But if they got Filmations rights, they could use that smaller body for Catra's cat form. It would need a different head sculpt.

http://www.kevenn.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am 

It'll be really interesting to see the 4H's take on Clawdeen. If they can do her without it looking completely garish, I'll be amazed. And very happy :mrgreen:. They've done a great job on the POP characters so far, so I guess there's no reason to expect otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61  Next