Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Royal Flush Gang!...Pretty please Mattel!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:01 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

To answer Madbomber's question, I am against the Batman Beyond versions being made BEFORE the original crew. I would probably even boycott the Beyond versions if they came out first. The original versions have been waiting in line for years in comparison and I remember as a kid wishing they had been made as part of the Super Powers line! Ace would also be a cool C&C and simple for them to make. I do hope Ten is the female version. Once made they can always do a re-release of the Beyond versions and maybe even make them & other Batman characters part of a DCUC subline if they even do more than just Green Lantern etc.
Boots

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... 351#157351

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:18 pm 
Wonderdog

i would LOVE this
i consider them semi bat rogues since he's fought them a few times, and fought other interpretations as them

i collect the bat and bat related and bat semi related and anything i find an excuse to call remotely bat related figures in dcuc line
would LOVE IT

especially with good accessories
2 floying cards, staff, etc, whatever they normally come with

matty collector exclusive is the way to go, pack them just like wal mart 5 pack, just sell at matty

man i can dream huh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 am 
shirtless hugger

TwoFace103 wrote:
AggieChad02 wrote:
Totally agree that this needs to happen. A great villain team- but the question is- release in waves or Matty exclusive 5 pack?

I agree! I'd love a DCUC Royal Flush Gang. I think Matty might be the best place to sell these though. Not sure how they'd sell at retail.

Would they sell at retail stores as well as, say, the Metal Men? They'd have to come with accessories, including their flying cards.

I'd love to get them all at once, as an exclusive from Matty or elsewhere, but I think they might do alright if they were sprinkled in over several waves.

As far as which version, I'm not sure which I would prefer. Even the DCAU had a two different versions, one for JLU and another for Batman Beyond.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:52 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

GregNYC wrote:
As far as which version, I'm not sure which I would prefer. Even the DCAU had a two different versions, one for JLU and another for Batman Beyond.

Yeah, I prefered the JLU version (overall I prefer everything of JLU over Batman Beyond).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 am 
Loose, Missing Package

GregNYC wrote:

Actually, there were three. Epilogue featured a later version of the group Joker put together.

While the DCAU versions were nice, that last image in the first post is the group I'd like to get...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:43 am 
shirtless hugger

You are correct! Good memory!

As much as I'd like to get the JLU version (from the "Wild Cards" episode), I'd prefer to get them in the 3-3/4'' JLU line and get the comic book version in DCUC form.

I know we got the Wonder Twins last year, but I like idea of DC Universe Classics being based (mostly) on the comics universe, not the animated universe.

Come to think of it, Hasbro has made Marvel Legends figures based on movie characters (Beast from X3, right? Any others?), so I'm surprised Mattel hasn't done the same with DCUC. Maybe that will change when Green Lantern hits theaters. Or maybe Mattel is happy with its Movie Masters line.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 am 
Collector Inspector

How have they NOT made this happen yet? They made a Thanagarian set before this???
Throw in the obligatory Superman or Batman and you've got an awesome 6 pack. Make the 6th figure another version of the Joker and you've got an even BETTER 6 pack! Or even better, make the 6th figure Roulette and you've got an eBay monster waiting to happen! YES, Roulette had nothing to do with the RFG but she fits the motif!

Jack was in the Secret Society of Superviallians book! King was in Kingdom Come! They fought the JLA w/ Amos Fortune last couple of years! They were the villains in the first Booster/Beetle team up in JL #4! They JUST fought Zatanna in her book-!

... yeah... um... DON'T make that last version I mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:11 pm 

For some reason I picture Mattel to pepper these in with DCUC like they're doing with the Doom Patrol and Metal Men instead of having a 5 or 6 pack release.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 am 
Cold-cast

now that Mattel is doing themed waves for 2011 it would be perfect for Royal Flush Gang! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:02 am 
Resin

We have DCUC Batman Beyond but he doesn't even have a single villain from his time to fight. I'd be happy if Mattel would give us at least one Batman Beyond villain, be it Blight, the Joker (from the Return of), the Flush Gang, Spellbinder, Inque or Shriek.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am 

GoldBlade6 wrote:
We have DCUC Batman Beyond but he doesn't even have a single villain from his time to fight. I'd be happy if Mattel would give us at least one Batman Beyond villain, be it Blight, the Joker (from the Return of), the Flush Gang, Spellbinder, Inque or Shriek.

I'd definitely like the FourHorsemen to tackle The future Joker, Spellbinder and Blight. I'm sure they'd all turn out amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:54 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'd prefer the Batman Beyond version - or the ones that popped up in Dini's Zatanna run recently. But honestly, any Royal Flush Gang is cool with me!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:56 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I see these as singles packaged with a "House of Cards" playset, all flat panels that can be assembled into a house of cards, say maybe 5 cards per figure in either plastic or thick cardboard.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 am 

LordMudd wrote:
I see these as singles packaged with a "House of Cards" playset, all flat panels that can be assembled into a house of cards, say maybe 5 cards per figure in either plastic or thick cardboard.

CCC.

Oh, I really like that idea! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Search Klutz.com. They make some really cool card playsets scaled for their 2-2.5" figurines, with expansion sets. Too small for any action figure lines, but the concept would work really well for this.
And if you do a theme, you could include Joker with another set of cards. Each card could be of the character it is packaged with.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next