Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Mattel Ghostbusters Thread: Removable Proton Packs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:54 pm 
We're going streaking!

Okay, I was looking for a thread the other day to discuss the Courtroom Peter now being the first GB figure in 2011, replacing the previously shown Winston, and presumably being the first figure of the Matty.com GB Subscription. BUT, I could not find a true Ghostbusters thread. So, now we have one :D

Casimir posts that while the TRU Ghostbusters II Box Set does have the Santa Hats separate from the figures themselves, the hats do not fit on the figures. I guess we should be surprised as Mattel would have to make different molds for each hat to fit the different head shapes of the GBs, but it's still disappointing. I was thinking of transitioning my (still in progress) Halloween GB display into a Christmas GB II display, but if the hats don't fit, it won't really work. Too bad. And it further puts me on the fence on whether I buy this set or not, with DCUC Wv14 coming any day now and the new TRU Marvel Legends 2-Packs also now hitting the shelves, along with my Christmas shopping that I have already started doing.

Any thoughts on the Winston figure being moved to a later date and replaced with Courtroom Peter? I don't mind at all.

Last edited by TRDouble on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 am, edited 19 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread! -- GB II Hats Don't
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:11 pm 
serves the Otter

I couldn't care less about the Santa hats, and I think it's silly for anyone to pass up this set simply because the hats don't fit. The hats were just a gimmick accessory to market this as a holiday-themed set. The only reason I (and probably most people) are buying this set, is to get the 4 Ghostbusters in their GB2 dark grey jumpsuits.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm 
We're going streaking!

Some would say it's silly to just buy the same four figures over again that most people probably already have, but just repainted in a darker gray.

I guess I am in the, "It's not so silly to want the hats to fit," category, so just call me silly!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

i personally couldnt care less about the hats, and honestly, i cant stand gb2 and would prefer that this set came in both gb1 and gb2 colored jumpsuits, but the slimer that comes in this set is the slimer that came w sdcc egon, not slimed peter, and that's the slimer figure i want (and dont already have), and the headsculpt on peter appears to be the headsculpt from the upcoming peter, which i plan on skipping, so it'll be nice to actually own a peter figure with that headsculpt. and since i keep all my gbs moc, this is a good opportunity to buy a set of the 4 guys w the slimer i like to open and mess around with. i just hope they release a weapons pack similar to the he man weapons pack so i can trick these guys out w all the cool stuff i have still sealed in the other packages. the stack of books that came w egon is about half as tall as it should be, so if they put in a repaint of that book stack with 2 particle beams & 2 logo stands (from the upcoming peter), a pke meter, the trap from winston, the sniffer from labcoat ray, and maybe the vertical trap from the upcoming slime blower winston and the goggles from the upcoming ray, i'd definitely buy at least 2 of them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:50 am 
An Insider

I picked up the set at the same TRU in Allen and all my hats fit fine. I will post pics later today

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:12 am 
We're going streaking!

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
I picked up the set at the same TRU in Allen and all my hats fit fine. I will post pics later today
Cool! Looking forward to the pictures.

The short stack of books works for my quick GB Halloween display, so I don't mind. Hopefully I can add a background to it for some pizazz tomorrow and post a picture.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Was surprised yesterday to see the set already. They looked good but I'm holding off on getting it for now. Hope to have them by the holidays.

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread! -- GB II Set @ TRU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:51 am 
shirtless hugger

Where in the store are you guys finding these sets? That is, which aisle are they down/what other toys are they near? I really want this set, and I'm afraid I'm going to miss them by looking in the wrong place.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 am 
We're going streaking!

I would think these would be down the collectors aisle. I plan to make a pit stop at TRU tonight on my way home, more for Marvel Legends 2-Packs, but I will check on these as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:16 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Like TRDouble said they're in the collector's aisle. Last week there were two and today I saw 8-10 of the sets. I don't think it'll be that difficult to snap one up.

With Mattel releasing this set at TRU. I was wondering if it should sell well enough for more product to be released. Could this be how we may end up getting Stay Puft? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:37 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I found the sets @ The Colonie NY TRU in the isle with DC products and the sets were amongst the TV and Movie products on the other side. There were a lot and my $ was already spent on JLU so I'm waiting on them right now. I've seen a complaint that the skin tone darkened on the figures with the outfits and I can could kind of see that @ the store

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:42 am 
We're going streaking!

I found them at two TRUs yesterday -- two at one, three at another. The second TRU I stopped at had the three sets, with one having almost flawless paint apps (unlike the other four I saw), and seeing that both stores are overflowing with old ML Two-Packs (mostly the FF Set), making the odds of the new ones showing up before the end of the month being slim, I used my $10 Off $50 Coupon and bought the GB II set.

I will somehow incorporate it into one of my Christmas displays.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I saw a couple at my TR but passed. Just got into GB with the latest Egon so will get Peter in November and I am hoping the release Ray/Winston during Cyber Monday.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 am 
Cold-cast

My brother is a HUGE GB fan, and has bought every 6" MC figure so far(despite my mocking of paying $30 for a PKE meter). As he doesn't live near a TRU, he tasked me with finding the TRU 4pack since I have 5 TRUs within 20 miles of me.

Found 3 'hatless' GB2 sets in MN yesterday. 2 of the 3 packs had very sloppy paint, with stray paint on a different GBs. :roll: Didn't see any sets with hats attached at the store. Was also able to use a 20% text coupon to get the set down to $48=tax. 8)

Here's my impressions of the set. Holy $%&* does the plastic feel cheap. They feel MUCH cheaper than the MC releases. The trap is packed awful, the handle is bent to the left when taken out.

And why are Ray, Peter, and Egon so freakin' tan? Seriously, they look more like Los Busters de las Fantasmas.

Oh yeah, the hats dont fit either... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:50 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

manthing wrote:
Los Busters de las Fantasmas.

nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next