Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The_Donster wrote:
Missed the premiere, but picked it up and a few episodes that seem to focus on some of the heroes individually. Are these the webisodes that folks were talking about early on in the thread? So far I've seen Iron Man and Thor and it looks like Hulk, Cap, Ant Man and Wasp are next? Am I missing any or do you think they'll play all of them eventually? Loving the voice acting so far. The guy doing Tony has a pretty spot on RDJ and I like the combination of new and old Thor interpretation. Not to mention Nick Fury and agents of SHIELD. With the exception of that Linkin Park craptastic theme song. Don't know if that is them or not, but it just blows IMO :?

I'm not exact sure which ones you've seen, but there's roughly 3 micro-episodes per Avengers member with Wasp/Ant-Man having combined episodes.

You can catch all of them either on Marvel.com or on youtube.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The channel recently recombined the mini-sodes into the original episodes they apparently came from. I saw them on Sunday morning. They were Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk/Hawkeye/Widow, and Pym/Wasp/Panther.

I'm sure that's what he's referring to.

I wonder how long it will take for Cap to show up? It'd be cool if it happened in Episode 4 as an homage to Avengers #4.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm 

Yeah, I have all those combined episodes recorded on my DVR from Sunday. I just wasn't sure if thats what he was referring to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:55 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Yep, that is what I was talking about. I had heard you guys talking about mini episodes, but wasn't sure if these were the same thing when they popped up on Sunday. Really nice so far, great pace for an animated show. I honestly thought they might not get it right, but they definitely got the vibe of the comics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am 

We'll see how it goes tonight. Got some Hulk vs. everybody action a la Avengers #2 with Enchantress playing the role of the Space Phantom apparently. Hope it's good. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 pm 

Awesome, awesome episode.
Spoiler: show
-I knew it wouldn't take long before the Hulk and Thor finally came to blows.
-The fight scene with Enchantress and Executioner was awesome.
-I like the way the team dynamic is shaping up so far.
-I really, really like the way they're developing each character.
-I'm excited to see Black Panther, Cap, Hawkeye and maybe Black Widow (eventually) as full-fledged members.

I may actually have to sit down and try to pick this show apart to find something I don't like.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 am 

This was a solid effort. Pretty much a homage to Avengers #2, but different enough to be interesting.

Excellent character development (even Wasp didn't bother me this time around) and plausible situations. I think this is the first time I've seen the growing pains of forming a team on a cartoon since JLU. The action was great and the intro to the mansion (not a fan of the exterior design) was pretty entertaining. And the two bits of foreshadowing were nicely done.

Some minor quibbles:

Nick seemed off character. WAY too friendly. Even if he was trying to manipulate Stark, I think this master spy would have been far more circumspect. Not a fan of the "Danger Room" scenario. The Avengers, all being heroes in their own right, never really needed or used that type of facility in the comics. I can just see thousands of kids rolling their eyes and saying "what a ripoff of the the X-men." I HATED the oil spurting out of Iron Man after the Executioner sliced him open with the ax. I though it looked REALLY dumb.

We're off to a promising beginning. I give "Some Assembly Required" an A. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:37 am 

Did you guys catch that the guys helping Klaw in the Ant-Man mini episode resemble Dutch's crew from Predator? I'm in the middle of the 1st part of the break out story and pretty impressed so far. Definitely alot of winking and nodding to the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 am 

Not only that, but

Wild Bill leads the helicopter charge against the Hulk in the desert and Logan's along for the ride with the Howling Commando's in the Captain America episode.

Pretty cool. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm 

The_Donster wrote:
Did you guys catch that the guys helping Klaw in the Ant-Man mini episode resemble Dutch's crew from Predator? I'm in the middle of the 1st part of the break out story and pretty impressed so far. Definitely alot of winking and nodding to the fans.

Yes

Shellhead wrote:
Not only that, but

Wild Bill leads the helicopter charge against the Hulk in the desert and Logan's along for the ride with the Howling Commando's in the Captain America episode.

Pretty cool. :mrgreen:

And yes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:45 pm 

Totally forgot to mention that one, but I noticed that too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 pm 

Yet another great episode. I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
I wonder how the dynamic will play out between Tony and Steve. Will Iron Man defer to Cap, who is a more natural leader? Or will both of their egos get in the way, and they'll bump heads?

I'm very much interested in seeing how the whole Black Panther thing will play out. Will he become a full fledged member, and be an integral part of the team? Or will he just solicit the Avengers aid with the Klaw and Man-Ape troubles in Wakanda? The latter would just have him just making the occasional guest appearance, which would suck in my opinion.

Baron Zemo linking up with Enchantress and Executioner (and by extension Loki) can't possibly be good. That should lead to some big time trouble for the Avengers and some great episodes for us :D.

And is it just me, or shouldn't there be a toy line already with the show in its fourth week? Didn't Hasbro launch the Superhero Squad toy line around the same time the show debuted? Maybe they're playing it safe with the Avengers cartoon? I don't know, I just think this show screams stylized toy line.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 am 

Another great episode. Character development continues a pace, and I've officially turned the corner on Wasp. I had forgotten that "bubble-headed Jan" was Wasp's character for much of the first 50 issues or so of the comic until Roy Thomas began to mature her into the more level-headed hero we're used to today. I can already see the transition beginning with her admirable showing in last night's episode.

I'm getting a real kick out of the way they're writing Thor in this series. He often has the best lines as he attempts to acclimate to the mortals' world. It gives me hope that Steve's transition to modern life will be handled correctly and not just be a "one and done" type of situation.

Can't believe they brought in Doughboy! Talk about your Z-list villians. Not a huge fan of having Zemo I and Zemo II morph into the same character, but that's the fanboy in me. And though it makes perfect sense in the cartoon universe, the Avengers fan in me has issues with Black Panther being in the HQ before Cap. It's a shame they apparently don't have access to Namor, though. I wouldn't have minded seeing their version of Avengers #3 where Namor and Hulk teamup against the rest of the team. Looks like the Masters of Evil are up to bat next.

I give "Living Legends" an A.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:29 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
And is it just me, or shouldn't there be a toy line already with the show in its fourth week? Didn't Hasbro launch the Superhero Squad toy line around the same time the show debuted? .

The Superhero Squad line started over 2 years before the cartoon-- that is one of the few properties- where the toy line spawned the cartoon-- all Hasbro did was redo the packaging when the show was put on-- adding the Hero Up logo to the top right corner. It has also directed some of the character selection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

Just started watching this after DVRing reruns.

Great show. Breakout 1 and 2 were fantastic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next