Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread! -- GB II Set @ TRU
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:07 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

so, correct me if i'm wrong because i havent seen either version in person, but does the santa hats on version come with the tongue out slimer that slimed venkman came with and the hats off version come with the slimer that came with sdcc egon? cause the sdcc egon version of slimer was really one of the bigger selling points of this set for me. it would be the only unique sculpt for me in the entire set. i have all the guys in their original (superior) costumes (and with appropriate facial hair where applicable, WINSTON!). also, even though i plan to open it, if i do decide to ever put them back in the box, it'd be nice to not have santa-hat-shaped negative space above all of their heads, and i think the santa hats are the hokiest crap they could have done to a set of ghostbusters figures. i get why they did it, but if there's an option to pretend like they were never included, i'd prefer that option, especially if it's the option with the sdcc slimer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

so, nobody knows the answer to this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I got the four pack last week and I just realized that my Winston figure has a "Venkman" name badge. The rest of the body is fine, his hands are the right skin tone and his pants are tucked in his boots. Anybody else seeing this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

i got the hats off version today and no qc issues with any of mine. i havent taken them out of the package yet, but the badges all appear to be correct and peter is the only one with his pants untucked. it did come with the sdcc slimer, by the way. i wonder if the hats on version (didnt see it in the store, only on the website) comes with the venkman slimer or if that's just the slimer they had for the display picture. also, i cant get to my slimed venkman right now, but the head sculpt on this one does appear to be the non-slimed version. also, it comes with a trap accessory, so really the only things i'm missing by not opening the single carded figures are the translucent trap effect and the blast effect that comes with the new peter. and the sniffer and pke meter and containment unit, i suppose, but they wouldnt really fit into a "busting" display anyway. and winston's moustache.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 pm 
Cold-cast

shishalzafrazz wrote:
i wonder if the hats on version (didnt see it in the store, only on the website) comes with the venkman slimer or if that's just the slimer they had for the display picture.

Both hats on and hats off come with the same SDCC Slimer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:48 pm 
We're going streaking!

Guess I will have to suffer through the November 29th sale as I want a Walter Peck now.

And then two days later... the PKE Meter!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:49 pm 
serves the Otter

Just to confirm.... the non-slimed Peter Venkman that goes on sale Monday is NOT part of the Ecto-1 Club figures, right? Even though I'm signed up for the Ecto-1 Club, I still need to try to order him manually, correct?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
Just to confirm.... the non-slimed Peter Venkman that goes on sale Monday is NOT part of the Ecto-1 Club figures, right? Even though I'm signed up for the Ecto-1 Club, I still need to try to order him manually, correct?

Correct. Club Ecto-1 starts in January with courtroom Peter.

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm 
We're going streaking!

FYI, TRU has raised the price of the GB II set to $65, probably right after the Big Book sale expired... yikes!

And the Matty Cyber-Monday sale has decimated the once excellent secondary market for 12-Inch Ghostbusters. They were selling for A LOT before that, when there were some actually listed on eBay. And they are still available on Matty.com right now too!

In fact, ALL of the Cyber Monday Ghostbuster stuff is still available. Only 6-Inch Winston, along with the PKE Meter, are 'Almost Gone.'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 am 
Ferret Farmer

I meant to post about this. I noticed the price tag on the shelf and thought that they had screwed up. Scanned it and was really surprised. They have been moving at this one location probably thanks to the sale but now I'm not so sure. They also have both versions now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:19 pm 
We're going streaking!

I received my Walter Peck from Matty and opened him up. I gotta say, I am pretty pleased to have been given another shot at him and to finally get him. The star of the package is obviously the containment unit, which looks nice on its' stand and adds a nice touch to the GB display, along with the Mr. Stay Puft bank from Diamond Select (that works great with the minimates, but looks surprisingly nice with Mattel 6-Inchers too).

But Mr. Peck is a pretty cool figure to have as an extra background figure and makes me long for Mattel to get around to making Dana, Louis and Janine, at the least. All three have natural variants and Janine has a great accessory as well -- her desk!

I still am at a loss as to what to do with the extra GBs, from slimed to labcoat. Even the GB II figures will probably get put away once Christmas comes and goes. Unless I eventually get a judge and bench, what am I to do with Courtroom Peter come January?

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread -- PKE Meter Now Ship
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 pm 
We're going streaking!

My PKE Meter shipped yesterday and should arrive on 12/22. The odd thing is that under the UPS tracking page, it says that there are multiple packages of 2. Anyone else have this on their order? I was thinking maybe they shipped my 12/15 order at the same time under the same account #, but that seems odd too. Probably just a mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:25 pm 
We're going streaking!

Did anyone else get the PKE Meter? It's a pretty neat little device!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm 
Resin

Ok, Mattel, we bought it. It's great.

What's the next replica already?!

Won't I need something to bust or perhaps trap the ghosts I detect?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:33 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

For something sold as a prop replica, the PKE meter is really one of the most fun toys in my collection! The flashing lights, the sounds, the moving parts, all capturing the general Ghostbusters geekiness is a lot of fun to behold. I can't speak to the absolute accuracy and I'm not enough of a GB nerd to know the difference between GB1 and GB2 modes, but it looks close enough to me. This is also the kind of toy I can show anyone I know in my family, at work, etc. and most would be at least somewhat impressed and understand the appeal of it, unlike action figures or dolls. This is one of the few toys I've bought where I regret not getting 2 of them. I guess if I have any criticism it's the light plastic feel but for all I know that's accurate. The box is even really nice, even if I still don't get the choice of the Indiana Jones motif for it.

It's a shame something brand new like this wasn't produced to be available for sale for a long-term period. This is something a lot of potential buyers may not know about or may have needed to see how the final product turned out before being convinced they should buy it. If it never becomes available again, it's certainly destined to skyrocket to the stratosphere on eBay, probably far above the $133 it's currently starting at on Amazon. I'd get a pre-order in on BBTS for $90 or snag one of the handful of eBay buy-it-nows in the $85-90 range in a hurry if I had missed it. BBTS has 21 available.

I hope they bring on a ghost trap next!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next