Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Super Hero Squad = An Arm and a Leg?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Sometimes I just dont understand when things just dry up-- like the white elektra-- she came in a 4 pack box set (currently one on ebay for 33.00)-- however they had over 100 packs of that set- at just one Ollies discount store I saw another 60 of those in another and around 40 in another store-- and those were just the ones I visited regularly- this was just last christmas and the set was for 3.99.. They didint get rid of all of them until almost April of this year-- now theres only one on ebay- it just doesnt make sense...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:24 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The_Joker13 wrote:
Her current wantlist:
Invisible Woman

She is due in a repack the wave after next(depending on if they get the assortments right.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:02 pm 
PVC

I want these pop up playsets. I only recently bought into the Playskool Marvel Adventure Heroes and now want SHS playsets to let them play. These are crazy on the secondary market and I can't find them used at consignment shops or used toy stores. They seem to have just disappeared. They were sold, right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm 
Resin

Yes most stores carried them and then with the SHS line pretty much coming to an end the sets were clearanced out. The funny thing was that there was plenty of product on the shelves for these sets, too bad that these have not shown up at thrift or resale shops.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm 
PVC

The_Joker13 wrote:
Yes most stores carried them and then with the SHS line pretty much coming to an end the sets were clearanced out. The funny thing was that there was plenty of product on the shelves for these sets, too bad that these have not shown up at thrift or resale shops.

I keep watching the kids consignment shops, Goodwills, and thrift stores but I haven't seen any pop up gently used yet. I have found Imaginext that route, so maybe I'll be able to find the Sentinel and Marvel Squaddie playsets sometime in the near future.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:05 pm 
Resin

Big IV wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:

I keep watching the kids consignment shops, Goodwills, and thrift stores but I haven't seen any pop up gently used yet. I have found Imaginext that route, so maybe I'll be able to find the Sentinel and Marvel Squaddie playsets sometime in the near future.

I have found quite a bit of Imaginext sets that way as well, never much in regards to SHS though. I did find a Fin Fang Foom, Galactus and a Sentinel set at TJ Maxx some time ago and quickly scooped those up for my son. Every once in a while I do find the 2 packs of SHS figures there too, I also lucked out and picked up most of the GI Joe Combat Heroes figures at TJ Maxx and Marshall's too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm 
PVC

Dollar General or Family Dollar usally has more Combat Heroes than I need. I want the playsets more than the figures because they're cute but they're no ImagiNext. I passed on a S.H.I.E.L.D. painted Helicarrier on a clearance aisle and now I'm kicking myself. I have the Iron Man colored one but I'd like to have a S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem one too.

And I want a Sentinel.

Still looking at consignment stores and sales. The hunt is fun so I'm not complaining.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 pm 
ABS

It's crazy how much these go for now! I wanted to finish off my Avengers and to do so will cost me over $100!

If anyone wants to help me out, I would be thankful. I am looking for,

Ant-man
Black Panther
Ms. marvel
Vision
Giant man